main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW collecting new & old

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLars, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Also the exclusive Tie interceptor will be coming to a TRU this fall. I saw it at WOC. It looked cool!!!

JediLars

2. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    GEE I should just write this all on one thread but since MN is braging that they pulled ahead of us I figured I would waste some thread space and also mention that the next wave of POTJ figures will also be showing up in stores soon.

JediLars

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    The pilot for the B-Wing is so cute! I wish I could just get him.

4. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Get yer paws on a Rebel Pilot cinema scene, Femme. Same pilot, plus you get the Wedge bonus and another pilot to boot.

5. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    That's the one with the A-Wing pilot right? I've personally decided to call him Tycho.

6. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah, but they have the pilot wrong in the B-Wing box. He should be in a red uni, not that tan thing. Colors are:

X-Wing
    B-Wing
    A-Wing
    E-Wing

Not sure on the Y-Wing, but I think they wore orange too.

7. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Just got the new Lego Holiday Catalog.
    Some sweet pics of the Rebel Blocade Runner, it measures over 26" but costs $199.99.

There is also a Darth Maul bust, very awesome, $149.99.

Their available in the lego online shop, FYI, if you have the cash that is ;)

8. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    I just read some where that the Wal-Mart exclusive Tie Bomber and Snow speeder won't be out until spring of next year. Personally I think that sucks because it would have been nice Christmas gifts!!!

JediLars

9. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    But not as nice a Christmas gift as the Luke on a Speederbike will be under my tree.

Oh yeah - I scored one. Drool........... But I don't get it for 35 more days. :( Santa has to deliver it.

10. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    I got one to that is not to be opened until Christmas. That and my Megatron Robots in Disguise toy are in the closet :_|

11. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    12" Luke with Yoda spotted at Wal-mart on Butterfield in Glen Ellyn/Wheaton area. They had about ten of them, so happy hunting.

JediAutobot

12. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    I just got my FX-7 wave from the SW store, with free shipping. I haven't had luck finding any in the Chicago-land area.

JediLars

13. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    For those interested, Target has marked down a few SW toys, at least at the one by my house in Streamwood. The 12" Death Star Droid and 4-Lom were marked down to $10.40 and all the 3 3/4" figures down to $4.80. The only 3 3/4" figures left were 'Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot', 'Han Solo Death Star Escape', and 'Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath'.

Just a little tip from your Uncle Jodo!

14. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Anyone looking for the Bacta Tank Luke? I found about 10 of 'em at a TRU in Matteson. Yeah, I know it's far but I was out that way adopting a puppy.Anyhoo, hope this helps someone out.

Mark

15. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Kmart in Lombard on Roosevelt Road has a ton of the Deluxe wave 2 figs, Leia and Anamananananan. (you know who I mean!) No price was marked, and I was on my break from work, so I couldn't hunt it down, sorry.

16. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Those figures you were talking about at the Kmart in Lombard were $10. I got them both!!
    And Santa was quite good to me. For I did get the Luke on Speederbike and Luke in bacta tank!!

JediLars

17. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Just to let you all know that the exclusive 25th Anniversary figures are out. I picked up two out of the three: Luke & Leia, Han & Chewie. The Darth Vader and Ben I hadn't found yet. Good Hunting. . .

JediLars

18. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Still hunting for that Final Duel 25th as well, Lars.

Ya know - the day I found those two, I had a dream that night that they also made the 25th Aniv. figs in 12", and I found a bunch of them at Target.

Umm guys, where are you going? Come back. What? What did you say? No....I'm not weird. Awwww....come back. Please.

19. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Why would anyone call you weird? Your no weirder than the next person...oh wait a sec, that's me, so I guess you are. :)

The Masterpiece Threepio edition is in the Bargin books section at Borders in Oakbrook. It's only $19.99! The original price was $75.00. For those that don't remember it, it's the book that comes with the 12-inch Empire, I've been blown apart by Stormtroopers, C3PO.

20. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Wow, great update. I gotta stop by after work tomorrow to get that. Thanks!!

Mark

21. MaulRatt1

MaulRatt1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2002
    Since this is a collecting sub I thought it be a good place to let y'all (how hick of ne) know about the Star Wars Chicago Collectors Maul aka SWCCM. We were once a rogue band of collectors that decided to get organized this past August by conspiring up a mad plot to host our own website. This is geared at Chicago area collectors (d'oh! youre kidding) and some other fun stuff as well. As a matter of fact I just spoke to the CF co-founder Dave earlier today about networking our sites together, so lets make this work people! :)

Oh yea, the address is www.swccm.net

Stop on by!

22. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Anyone have a chance to pick up the Toy Fair Vader before it sold out?

If you did, you're extremely lucky and I'm extremely jealous. :)

23. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    So, is anyone planning on camping out (or just showing up really early) for the April 23rd midnight toy release? If so, where's a good place to go?
    Because we're going to try to sell Chicago Force T-Shirts, we'll probably be looking for one of the more popular places (as opposed to an obscure one that not so many people will be at).

24. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    A popular place I waited at was the TRU across from Golf Mill mall. That place was packed. Being a Monday night and my early work hours, I won't be able to do it but I'll see which stores will have the most people. Usually collectors' websites will have favorite stores and I'll cruise around them to see which ones they are.

Mark

25. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    In a week, I'll be on vacation, visiting my mom's farm in Missouri. It's in the middle of nowhere but they have Wal-Marts and Targets all over. If anyone is looking for any SW merchandise that's hard to locate here, I'll be happy to pick them up for you. The Star Wars shelves usually gather dust down. So keep me informed if anyone needs anything and,of course, no mark-up on prices. Just a little free service for my fellow Chicago collectors.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.