main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW: Dungeons and Starships ( enter to play TODAY)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by BOOSTERERRANT, Jun 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    ((when do we play???))

2. obi-wan_joshobi

obi-wan_joshobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2001
    i'd like to join

Name: Dave Sunrider
    Species: Twi'lek
    Height:6'3
    Weight: 160
    Eyes: Brown
    Build: Muscular, athletic
    Perfered Weapon: lightsaber (2)
    Equitment: 2 lightsabers, hold-out blaster, R5-D4 (Blue, nickname- Blue)
    Ship: skipray blastboat (increased sheilds, Hyperdrive, Sublight engines,
    Weapons, manuverablilty
    Quote: There is no emotion; there is peace.
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    There is no passion; there is serenity.
    There is no death; there is the force.

Early in Dave's life he was reconized to be strong in the force. He was taken to the jedi temple and there he was trained to be a jedi.
    Dave soon exceeded all of his peers at the academy and soon moved up to practice and learn with the older students.
    A Great Jedi Master saw great potential in him and took Dave on as his padawan learner. From that master he learned his unique
    fighting style of weilding 2 blades. At age 20 he became a jedi Knight after the sudden death of his master. Dave served the jedi councils wishes
    without a master until the age of 30 when he became a jedi master. He now serves the Corillian system as a defender of the weak and protector of what is good.
    He has yet to take on a Padawan, but will do so before his time in this galaxy is up.

3. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Application time has ended.

Welcome to the game.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    So who starts?

5. Paddy_Naberrie

Paddy_Naberrie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2001
  6. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Space...cold as death, lifeless, harsh, and unforgiving. For years beings have been traveling these unumbered parsecs in the sea of nothingness to the oasis of countless planets. In this void, sits a darkend ship. No visable light reflects off its camofauged hull. Inside this ship, a being is waiting.

WW: Jewel, run a longrange scan. Tell me if those sensors that we set up on the hyperspace lanes outside Jomark have been tripped yet.

J: Sir, They have, target should revert to normal space in five minutes.

WW: Thankyou Jewel, and if you would, do another test on your weapon systems...I don't know if our incomming friend is trustworthy, and I want to be prepared to be betrayed.

Gerul Cast returned to his thoughts. Being a freak of nature can tend to isolate a person, and Gerul was no exception. The grotesque experements done to this former street urchin of Coruscant hardened his focus, and sharpend his resolve. They tried to break him, after injecting his geneticly altered DNA back into him, causing him to take on some of the more "charming" aspects of a Wookiee, they then tried to engender a brainless dedication to the Empire. What a perfect soldier, stronger, faster, taller than a human, and yet resembleing one. The only teltale marks that distanced him from just a large human, born on a high gravity world, was his eyse, the color of deep jade, and his teeth, carnivorous and sharp, they bore no resemblance to a human. Jewel was the only one who understood. The Jewel of Vengence, his ship was not just a tool but a companion. A heavly modified A-wing, her and her capitan had survived many close calls, and had achived galactical notoriety as a mor than capable Agent of vigilante justice. Now they are fighting the extragalactical threat of the Yuhzzan Vong.

WW: You know somthing Jewel? Waiting is just not my style. Right now, I'd give anything for a little hand to hand combat with one of those Vong warriors...Pulling his arms out of thier sockets would really give me pleasure.

J: Well Gerul, you don't have to wait much longer...A ship is reverting from hyperspace right now.

WW: Jewel, maintain complete silence...let's watch this guy for a second.

J: yes sir

((ok, is this fine? No one else is starting it, and so I thought I might give it a try...someone, write yourself in, and we'll go from there.))

7. ZaiShanZo

ZaiShanZo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2001
    The fabric of tortued space twists, tears, snaps, and a ship makes a return to normal space. A perfectly normal, everyday occurance. Until a few minutes later it's straight line track takes it clear out of anything resembling a normal approach.

it's size reads that of a medium vessel, towards the small end of a light freighter class.

8. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    WW: Jewel, mark that ship, get the readouts on it's defenses, and look for magnetically shielded compartments...we don't want any suprises. Also, tap into the Holonetwork, and search the registry, match it to the hull, and see if it is using a false registration...we paid enough for that software, it had better work.

J: Right on it sir. The ship is registered the Ts'moth, and it is an old Alderaanian light cargo Hauler. Minimal weaponry, low shields...Skipper is named Baniky, an old Correllian that makes his living ferrying passengers from planet to planet. Our contact might be a charter. I scan two lifeforms on board. It'll take a while to track his code back to where he came from before Jomark.

WW:No need Jewel, I think that we have our man. Make us known.

The souped up Engines Roar to life, and The small fighter shot across the bow of the freghter.

WW: I think this will get thier attention

At that time, a red light appeared on the communications console

WW: Open a channel Jewel.

9. ZaiShanZo

May 8, 2001
    Static roars over the communications channel, clearing somewhat as a recognisably Human voice makes itself known. "This is the Ts'moth out of Alderann requesting assistance. We've been attacked and have sustained damage. One more detail, the captain is unconcious and there isn't anyone onboard who can drive this thing."

A close view of the ship reveals matching registry, at least the part which has not been scored away by blast marks. A sensor scan reveals that the maneuver drive is ... not exactly there anymore.

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    General Mitth'raw'nuruodo, or better known as Mitth or Sniper Wolf to his team mates, tapped his Alderaanian Red Wood desk with a pair of cyan fingers. A datapad was in his other hand, reading it silently and listening to the rthymic drumming of his fingers. He scanned through the pages of the datapad and his frown creased even further downward as he continued to comprehend the information before his eyes.

"If we aren't hired any time soon, General, I fear that some of the members are going to pull out and go their own way." His second in command, Colonel Rommer Vastul, also known as Pyro Wolf to the team. He was tall with short cropped dark brown hair and signs of a beard beginning to grow. Intelligent grey eyes stared out at his commander. Rommer, although he seems to be sane in front of others, but give him a thermal detonator or any type of explosive and one could see he has a sadistic pleasure when it came to destroying things.

"We'll be hired. Even if it means going out there and looking for someone to hire us." One would expect that a group of freelance commandos would be needed in the time of crisis. Especially against the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Black Wolf have had a few jobs against the Yuuzhan Vong, but they weren't enough and the organic technology they had stolen were either confiscated by the New Republic and Imperial Remnant or was utterly useless to them and the black market. They tried selling the technology, but no body wanted it and those who did wouldn't pay what they are worth.

"There is also talk of mutiny, sir." This caught Mitth's attention and he lifted his crimson orbs up at Rommer, a single midnight blue brow lifted in curiousity.

"Really?"

"Yes, sir."

"And whom might be whispering these words?" Mutiny was all he needed to top the cake. If their credit problems didn't break up the twenty-four year old ex-Imperial special forces unit, the mutiny surely would. He'd hate to have to fight men and women he once called friends and fellow colleagues.

"I've overheard several members, here and there, mentioning the word mostly." Rommer replied. "Riggers and Sam were discussing about the signs of a possible mutiny."

"Are you certain they aren't in league with the mutineers?" Riggers and Samantha were his most loyal officers. Or so he thought eight years ago ever since the treaty between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant. Since then, their unit has been in a slow steady decline. The Remnant had hired them many times over the post-Endor years, Grand Admiral Thrawn had even tried to get the unit reinstated back into the Empire. But it was Mitth's stubborness and hatred for Thrawn that the unit continued to be freelance commandos.

His comrades had plenty of reasons to go against him. He wondered if Rommer was on his side or not. "Based on the information I have, I'm not sure." The human responded.

"Find out. If a mutiny is going to happen, I need to know who is loyal to me and who isn't." Mitth glanced away from Rommer and out at the star filled sky of space, through the viewport of his office and Corellian Corvette they had acquired long ago.

((Anyone can join Black Wolf if u want to be a part of the mutiny...just be sure to pick a skill such as Sniper, Pyro Tech, Slicer, etc etc and a code name. Ranks below Major are available. If you need a list of Army ranks, PM and I'll give it to u.

Also, someone can hire us to do your dirty work!))

11. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    WW pulls his flight yoke to his chest and pushes the rudder and flips his ship in a head over tail reverse that forced him back into his flight couch.

WW: Ts'moth, this is the Jewel of Vengence...What I have scanned is not good, Your manuvering jets are out of commission, and you are on a balistic course. I am going to try to get you stopped, juat bear with me. Jewel, hack his signal, see if we can control his ship from here, if not, I'll have to board it...

J: Sir, I can not obtain a code, nor does it look like the ship has any control connections left...You will have to board the ship.

WW flares the throttle, and slides the slim frame of the A-wing right to the belly of the larger ship. He engages his mini-tractors to keep the hatch steady with the canopy of his A-wing. With it connected like this, He presses a button, and his suits helment fans out from the back of the suit and rolls over his head. it then snaps closed and with a hiss, his suit's limited air supply began pumping oxygen to his mighty lungs. he then buttoned his weapons belt to his waist and depressurized his cockpit.

WW: Jewel, once I'm inside, monitor me, and incase somthing happens, just stay silent, play dumb, and call for the Iron Pony.

J: Yes Capitan, and Gerul...be careful

WW: Carefull's my middle name...reckless is my first...

with that, WW opens the canopy to the cold of space. Even though his flightsuit was sealed, he still felt the coldness of space bite at his skin. Reaching up, he applies a lock picker to the door, and allows it to run through its work. When all the lights went green, the door slowly rolled open. Once inside, he found the controls, closed the outer lock, and repressurized it. With a hiss, his helment retracted and allowed him a full range of vision. After pushing the door control, he retrived his twin blastech pistols from their holsters, and ventured into the darkened ship. Making his way to the cockpit was a slow and arduous proscess, but he was determined to make it there alive. Suddenly, there was a flash of light, and as an explosive sound reached his ears, he recieved a blow to the head that knocked him flying to the ground. The last thing that he remembered before he slipped to unconsiousness was the thought that if that was the coolant manifold, then they were all in trouble.

((MITTHY, We'll work our way to your story...keep it comming))

12. ZaiShanZo

May 8, 2001
    Cael watched the small craft until it passed below the range of his view. He went to the Captain's cabin behind the bridge where he had brought Baniky with the help of the captain's droid, a squat affair who communicated only in a series of unintelligible beeps. He held the amulet bearing his orcrist crystal and examined his patient's wounds. the amber gem starts to glow, pulsing in sync with first Cael's hearbeat than Blaniky's. It had been touchy dealing with his internal injuries, and he knew that the man would need some further help soon.

"Hold on just a bit, Captain, rescue seems to be on it's way." Without his notice the droid moved to a console and inserted an interface probe. Seconds later words appeared on a screen above the droid's head.

"FIGHTER CRAFT DOCKED AT MAIN HATCH"

"A fighter? from what I see, his ship did not look big enough to take anyone off this wreck. Why could we not use a what you call it, the liferaft?"

"CORRECT DESIGNATION LIFEPOD. LIFEPOD DELTA V INSUFFICIENT TO COMPENSATE FOR PRESENT TRAJECTORY AND VELOCITY. SAFETY PROTOCOL ESTABLISHES OUTSIDE RESCUE AS RECOMMENDED SCENARIO."

"Well, since outside rescue seems to be at our door we should go greet him now." Cael gets up and grasps a carved staff and turns to leave. the droid starts to follow and and then hesitates."

"Come on. we've done all we can for the captain and his best bet may be knocking at the front gate now. Let's get a move on." The droid hesitates for a fraction of a second and then follows. The two procede rearwards until a sudden explosion knocks him down. Cael rises only a bit more battered for it, but the droid has taken the bulk of the force and lies prone. Cael holds up his orcrist but it remains dull and lifeless.

"Shath's heels, I forgot you're not alive. There's nothing I can do for you, I'm afraid. " The droid answers with a quick series of bleeps and goes silent. Reluctantly, Cael leaves him behind. Further on, Cael finally comes upon the T'Smoth's latest (and possibly last) passenger. Giving him a quick once over. "You look as beat up as the captain's robot, friend. Let's see what we can do for you." Cael holds up his orcrist amulet again and it begins to pulse. Cael concentrates and his view of the damaged deck is supplanted by his inner vision as the stranger's Shiya is revealed to him. it was Human, but it also had a strange, impossible sense of other. Cael was tempted to explore this further, but he was abruptly reminded of both the stranger's injuries and his situation and reluctantly but firmly turned away from the mystery. He concentrated and sent his personal energy down the appropriate channels, starting repairs in the fractured and stressed tissues. Cael continued to pour energy into his patient hoping to bring him to conciousness and wondering how a flash-blinded pilot was going to bring them out of this mess.

13. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Good, you have started the game... I shall return soon...

with me shall come

DEON ODANDER, Jedi Master

14. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    With a Gasp, Gerul inhales smoke filled oxygen. Forgetting where he was, his mind wondered for a moment which smoke filled cantina had he dunk himself unconsious in this time. Suddenly the present came rushing back to him and he forced his eyes open to see...nothingness. Though sight was important, Gerul's other senses were finely tuned, and he not only heard, but smelt a stranger standing over him. With the speed of a finely trained Warrior, he snaprolled up, and grabbed his companion, lifting him off the deck by his tunic, and at arms leingth. The stranger let out a suprised grunt, but did not seem to be threatening.

WW: Are you the Capitan of this vessel?

C: No, I am your contact, Cael Donn, and I would greatly appriciate it if you would put me down. I know this ship is unstable, but I am perfectly able to stand by myself.

Gerul set Cael down and tried to take in his surroundings. The blast had hurt his sensitive eyes, but his quick healing skills should takecare of that. Already, he was seeing big light spots where dark spots used to be.

WW: Cael, where's the Capitan?

C: I left him back in the cockpit, there's nothing I could do for him. Can you save us? I scanned your ship, and there is not enough room in it for both of us.

WW: Don't worry about that, just get me to the cockpit,

C: Your blind, I can help you

Cael places his orcrist to Geruls forhead and closes his eyes. A strange glow appears in Geruls foggy vision. Then lines begin speeding across his field of vision, like an old tube visual communications device. These lines morphed and collided with eachother, and suddenly, Geruls sight was restored to him.

WW: I don't know how you did it, but thanks.

C: you are most kind, now if you would kindly return the favor and save our lives from this hunk of space junk.

WW: Ok, follow me!

Gerul ran down the coridor, careful not to hit his head on the ceiling, and strait to the Bridge.

WW: Go get the Capitan to the upper hatch.

C: But there is not a ship there.

WW: by the time you get there, there will be, I just have to do some work here, see if I can stablize this ship.

Cael returns down the coridor back towards the capitans cabin, stepping over a beat up dead droid. A pang of saddness hits the back of Geruls mind as he thinks of Jewel being in that condition.

WW: Jewel, is the Iron Pony at the upper hatch?

J: yes Capitan, and hurry up, I am detecting some pretty high radiation signals from this ships reactor core...it is going to self destruct in about 90 seconds.

WW: Thanks for the tip, dock with the pony, and make sure that our guests get in alright...I have to download this computer database, and get her registration codes. It should only take a minute.

Gerul pulls a flimsycard out of an armored pocket in his flight suit, attaches it to the main console. the worm chip inside this flimsy tracks the entire computer core of the ship, and it downloads everything...even the hidden files that the capitan had tried quite hard to hide. Quicky, Gerul scanned the manifest to see if there was anything worth risking his life to salvage from this flying bomb. Nothing appeared nescicary, so Gerul decided to abandon ship. he ran down the corridor, stopping only to retrieve his dropped pistols, and continued to the upper airlock. Cycling the hatches, he steps onto the deck of the Iron Pony. A modified YT-2000 freighter, with a special docking clamp under the centered cockpit that allows the fighter to dock and launch quickly. The weapons rating, and the sensor suite are also off the scale. Gerul locks down the hatch, and runs to the cockpit. Strapping himself down into the accelleration couch, he flips the intercom switch

WW: All passengers should have their seats and trays in the full upright position, and should be praying to their deity of choice, becase here we go...

Looking at the countdown to the core meltdown, 5....4....3....

with that, Gerul hits full acceleration, which pushes him into the back of the seat. "Jewel, Full shiel

15. Cuno

Cuno Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2001
    I would like my character to be a part of the mutiny. Is Major an available rank? If not I'll take what you give me.

As far as character skill:pilot
    Also trained as Electronics Warfare Technician.

Code name:Star Gazer

Also, is there anything important I should know right off hand or just kind of wing it?

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    There are currently 10 members of BLACK WOLF. 9 which are NPCs and can be used indicated by "available". The unit has a small fleet consisting of:

Corellain Corvette: Wolf's Shadow
    Chiss Freighter: The Silent Wolf
    Chiss Freighter: Sapphire Gold
    YT-1300: The Hunter
    Victory Duece: Gray Wolf

BLACK-WOLF Roster:

Commanding Officer- Sniper Sniper Wolf (High General) [Mitth/male]
    2nd in Command- Pyro Technician Pyro Wolf (High Colonel) [Rommer/male]
    3rd in Command- Interrogator/Sniper Anaconda (Colonel) [Ynaa/female]
    Weapons Expert Hawk Eye (Lt. Colonel) Available [male]
    Tactical Officer Coyote X (Major) [Samantha/female]
    Slicer The Virus (Major) [Riggers/male]
    Electronics Warfare Tech Star Gazer (Major) [Cuno/male]
    Vehicles Expert Metal Cougar (Captain) Available [male]
    Comm Officer Black Asp (Captain) Available [female]
    Disguise Artist Sly Fox (Captain)Available [male]
    Medical Officer Gray Falcon (First Lieutenant) Available [male]

Available Ranks:

Major
    Captain
    First Lt.
    2nd Lt.
    Ensign

Brief History:

An elite special forces commando unit, created by a facsimile of Grand Admiral Thrawn by the name and rank of Lt. General Mitth of the Galactic Empire. Served the Empire up to the defeat at Endor then became freelance commandos for hire. In the beginning they were pirates that targeted Rebel & Smuggler shipping fleets and obtained a Corellian Corvette and a YT-1300 frieghter called. After the Reborn Emperor Crisis, they were able to hijack a Victory Duece (w/ crew and fighters) from Warlord Terradoc, and having a bounty placed on the unit by the warlord which was soon dropped after Terradoc was killed by Admiral Daala.

Anaconda and Sly Fox joined the unit shortly before the Battle of Bilbringi. Thrawn had offered the unit to rejoin the Empire, but Mitth's hatred for the Grand Admiral kept them as freelance commandos to somes weary. Since the Battle of Yaga Minor during the Caamasi Crisis, the unit has been slowly detorating due to credit problems, lack of jobs, the terror of the Yuuzhan Vong, and most of it to Mitth's declining leadership skills and mental health.

Hope that helps anyone in understanding BLACK WOLF. Here comes my next post.

A Few Days Later

He stared at the stars outside and at the massive warship the Gray Wolf, a Victory Duece they had hijacked from Terradoc along with its entire crew and starfighter complementary consisting of one squadron each of TIE Interceptors and Bombers. Later they had added some uglies they had stolen from other pirates or from organizations they were hired to deal with. Although they were freelance commandos, they were also pirates. Or at least use to be pirates when they first started outside of the Empire. Back then they had plenty of jobs. Warlords wanted them to eliminate the other warlords and very few actually hired them to sabatoge Rebel facilities or assassinate Rebel officials.

Isard was one of the few Imperials that knew who the real enemy was. Although he disliked the mis-matched eyed Intel Director, he was glad to work for her for awhile. He remembered overhearing some of his colleagues joking about him and Isard on the similarities between the two. He had listened in on some of their conversations when they thought he was out of ear-shot. They had called him as cold hearted and ruthless as Iceheart was against the enemy. He shook his head at some of the illogical comparisons they had come up with such as his eyes and skin color matching the color of Iceheart's eyes.

Then there was Thrawn. Mitth narrowed his crimson eyes at the name and image of the man. If it wasn't for Rommer, Mitth might not have accepted any of the jobs offered by Thrawn. He hated the Chiss Grand Admiral with a passion and would have loved to slip the knife in the Imperials back for the traitorous Rukh. Ever since he learned that Thrawn and he were not clones of the other and that he was actually fr

17. ZaiShanZo

May 8, 2001
    --IMPORTANT-- ALL POSTERS PLESE NOTE THIS---

I would very much appreciate if other posters refrain from posting dialogue for my character. You really don't understand Cael as well as I do and this way, you're less likely to post inappropriately for someone of his background.

One error: If you read my post closely when Cael said there's nothing I can do for you he was referring to the Droid as his Shaiya (Force) abilities are as a healer for living creatures, not robots.

The other thing is that Cael is not a space traveler by trade. As noted he's come from a world that's been effectively cut off from space travel for a rather long time. He'd see things from a different perspective and his language would reflect this. -Otherwise I have no real problems with the last post and it should stand as it is.

We now take you back to your scheduled program....
    "Deity of choice." He puzzled for a moment. The precepts of Ken-Shaiya had not addressed the presence or lack of a deity, and the Human settlers of Trentar had been on the whole of not of a particurlar bent. "Hmm... if there is some omniscient force out there that would be predisposed to look kindly upon the occupants of this craft, I'm not one to be choosy..." Any further thought was silenced as acceleration pushed him back into his couch.
    Cael releases the strap from his chair and goes over to check on Banily. He peers through the orcrist again and then places his hand upon the captain's chest. "hmm.. that's good mr. heart just keep on beating.. hopefully this vessel should have what I need to finish this up."

He then makes a quick check up on himself, checking his pouch and the staff. "Good thing I .... what was the saying?, ah yes, travel light." Cael reached into his pouch and took out a small squeeze pouch. he sniffed it a bit and satisfied, took a small amount and rubbed it in the few minor burns and scrapes he still had from the attack. He straightened out his robes and cloak. "There that should be presentable. Now let's wait for our new host to greet us."

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    ((Same thing here. I dont want anyone else posting for General Mitth, Colonel Rommer, Colonel Ynaa (ee-nah), Major Riggers and Major Veawn. I'm quite protective of my characters.))

19. Cuno

Cuno Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2001
    Cuno scratches his neck as he stares blankly at the wall in front of him. The bench in front of him is cluttered with schematics, wires, circuits, more schematics and lots of junk. It is the third straight week that he has been trying to modify the auto-lock system on the craft that seemed to have been forgotten.

The tie fighter in the hanger just inches from Cuno waited silently, as if anticipating the updates that were being designed. Not only was the auto-lock system not operating properly, neither was the "shadow" cloaking system. Cuno had spent years drawing and building the system that could change cloaking capabilities forever. Patience he had, but time was running short.

"Major," Cuno raised his eyebrow as he was addressed by one of the techs who could only guess as to what was going on,"the shipment you have been waiting for has arrived."

It is about time."Thank you, just put it in the storage compartment outside of the bay." Cuno watched as the tech left the hanger bay. Hands interlocked behind him, Cuno begins to pace nervously.Where are they? Cuno had sent word to the Bridge that he had an important matter to discuss with either High Colonel Rommer or Colonel Ynaa that must be considered of the utmost importance. He would have asked to speak directly with High General Mitth himself, but that would have been highly suspicious, even for such an important time as this.

A frown darkens his face and he looks towards the tie fighter. It seems impossibly large in the small hanger that he has been granted permission to use for the time being. It's black armor seems to absorb the light from the room as it sits there, waiting, preparing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.