main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon SW Novels Discussion

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    What's your take on the SW Expanded Universe Novels?
    Are you reading any SW Novels?
    Discuss anything pertaining to SW Novels in this topic. Go!

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I haven't read much EU material, so I would have to re-read a lot in order to get back up to speed.

3. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I'm slogging through Death Star, right now. It isn't a bad book, but it just doesn't grab me the way that some of the other novels have done in the past. Same was said true with Millenium Falcon. I was a bit disappointed with that one, as well.

- Bill

4. Darth_McCain

Darth_McCain Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2008
    Death Stars second half really picks up. I am currently awaiting the arrival of Omen to ship so i could read it can't wait til tuesday.

5. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I just got to the part where Motti's mentor was blown up in that freak "accident"... but I can see where it is starting to pick up a little bit. Still, it is a bit straining to read, although not nearly as bad as the "Tales" books.

- Bill

6. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I've been reading the Republic Commando series which is probably why I've been on a SW kick lately. I still haven't read anything from the NJO or later in the timeline. So, I also have a lot that I'd have to read to get up to speed.

Death Star was okay. Like Darth_McCain said, it starts to pick up after a while. I had trouble connecting with the characters... they kinda read as background characters.

7. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Yeah... I think that is why it is so slow going for me. It really reads more like a "Tales" book than anything.

- Bill

8. Darth_McCain

Darth_McCain Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2008
    Yes its a complete background novel but I loved it personally finding out more about the Death Star was something I was wanting since I first saw A New Hope.

The Republic Commando series is fantastic and i find that people either hate Traviss's writing or love it. I personally love it.

-Kevin

9. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I'm reading Legacy of the Force-Sacrifice now. I like the series so far. I also like the Republic Commando Series and can't wait for the Imperial Commando series.

OT- What I'm really waiting for is the SW Atlas.

-Eric

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    How ironic that Eric's post was time stamped 11:38. Very significant to the the Star Wars genre....

You couldn't have done that on purpose, if you tried, huh, Eric?

- Bill

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
  12. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I thought I would bring this back into play as lots of new novels have come out this year, or people are catching up on their reading lists like myself.

Currently reading RC:eek:rder 66. I like the Clones, and Mandos.

13. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I'm thinking someone should become a Merc, since you love them so much.

I'm just saying.....

- Bil

14. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Still reading Order 66. Good Read so far.
    As far as going Mando Merc, I'm there! Signed up but haven't posted yet. Name is Nah Loso. How's that for a play on Han Solo, my alter ego.

-Eric

15. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Very nice.... very nice, indeed!

So, I am half-way through Hard Contact and I gotta say I am loving it. I can't wait to see what happens next!

16. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I saw the new Imperial Commando novel in paperback at the bookstore this last weekend. I almost bought it, but my empty bank account convinced me otherwise. I just have to wait. I'm working though Coruscant Nights right now anyway. I might as well finish that and then see if the library has it.

Anyone read that zombie stormtrooper book yet? I'd like to hear some reactions. ^_^

-Jasmine

17. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I finished Hard Contact and then went straight into Triple Zero. The flashbacking with the Null's and Kal Skirata were a trip. I really wasn't expecting that. But so far, I am really digging this series!

- Bill

18. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Finished Order 66. Currently reading Revelations & The Making of Star Wars. Plus reading through some other How to Film making type books.

-Eric

19. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Just wanted to bump this back up.
    I'm currently reading Crosscurrent and really like it.

-Eric

20. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I finished the Republic Commando series, except the MedStar and Imperial Commandos books. I love the dynamics of Mandalorian life.

I am reading through Cloak of Deception. I think I may have read it before, since a lot of what has happened seems to sound very familiar to me. Maybe it is because Millenium Falcon was a direct tie into this book, not sure.

I also have the Dark Lord trilogy. I've never read those, so as soon as I am done with Cloak, I will jump into that series, next.

Not sure where I will go from there... maybe the MedStar series.

- Bill

21. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Currently reading Omen from FOTJ series. Good series so far, better than Legacy series IMO.

-Eric

22. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I got my hands on the first book of the Bounty Hunter series. So, I am currently ready Mandalorian Armor. I've pretty much given up on Cloak of Deception, even though I am close to finishing it. Like I said, I think I know what happens, as I have, either read it before, or it was part of the Millenium Falcon book that I know a lot of the comings and goings of this story.

Like I siad in an earlier post, I do have the Dark Lord Trilogy. I really do need to read those.

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.