main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Timeline Gold & ChronoRadio Announcements

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nathan PTH, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    And in the "for what it's worth" column: Anyone who also posts on the GalacticSenate.com boards (or any other board allowing you to use your own 64x64 pixel avatars) can now use a special SWT-G/CR/2S avatar based on the "Listen, Read, Learn" banner that was put up for the anniversary.

Just enter the avatar, wherever it may be, as:

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/logos.gif

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Quick correction for you Nathan from ChronoRadio #5.

In regards to LostWorlds, I actually created the concept, not Andrew Gordon, however, I acknowledge that he actually expanded and developed the project.

3. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Quick correction for you Nathan from ChronoRadio #5.

In regards to LostWorlds, I actually created the concept, not Andrew Gordon, however, I acknowledge that he actually expanded and developed the project.

4. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Up - due to board error.

5. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, obviously the new one didn't go up this weekend. I'm going to try to get it out tonight or tomorrow. I am up to my ears in grading, though, so I can't promise for certain just yet.

6. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Alright, folks. After some delays and an internet connection that has reverted to 56K until the company gets off their butts and fixes their local cable modem service . . . I'm happy to announced that the Star Wars Timeline Gold 23 and ChronoRadio: Episode V.V are now ready for download. You can find them at:

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline
    http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/chronoradio/

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the issues raised in CR.

7. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Can't wait to listen to them!

8. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Update: Episode VI is shaping up well. It looks to be an extended-length holiday special with an hour or so of co-host/live guest discussion, quite a few LucasBooks answers, the first "Ask Dan Wallace" segment, and an extra feature segment. Should be the best CR yet. I'll be mixing the last of it this week, so it can hit the net on Dec. 13.

9. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan, I bought a new computer yesterday... had to download again all the ChronoRadio files. Looks like my volume problem has been fixed now!

10. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Woohoo! I knew there was a cure!

Speaking of CR, the first Interview Edition is now finished. It'll be online in about a week, just after Chad Peter's film "Drugs" hits the internet. The one with Will Brooker will be recorded tomorrow morning, er, I guess in about 6 hours (crap, I need sleep), and will be released in the last week of December. In the middle there, on Dec. 13, the 2002 Holiday Special will be released.

I swear, if I keep this up, I'm going to neglect the SWT-G into oblivion. I've got a stack of things left to mess with on it before Dec. 13. ::gulp::

11. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan,

Would you ever consider ChronoVideo? Perhaps if you got a webcam, you could take the next step?

Also, if Daniel Wallace is going to answer questions in future episodes, are you going to get him to record his answers to the questions?

12. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    I thought I'd already answered the ChronoVideo question . . . The short version is that (a) I wouldn't have the capacity to do it where I am, (b) there's no way it could be done as regularly as CR, and (c) I don't see how it would be all that interesting, as opposed to audio. It's not something that would generally require video clips to make sense.

As for Dan, he's answering via email and having me read on-air, so he has time to prepare an adequate answer to each. The first episode he'll be answering for, for instance, has only one answer, as he only had time for that one. He won't be able to tackle my second question until the next installment.

I'd certainly rather have it an audio answer, but that requires the process of recording, normalizing, exporting, compressing, uploading, etc., whereas the email answer just means he has to have time to write something and fire it off to me.

13. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    What ideas for topics do you have for the coming year on ChronoRadio? You've got the all female episode in February? What's next after that?

14. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Honestly, I haven't had a lot of time to think about it yet. The supplemental episodes, the ones called ".V" that come in odd numbered months as I get time, will slowly turn more toward the fan community, especially fan films. The fan film community's first internet radio show, Digital Llama Radio, is slowly falling by the wayside, and I'm trying to pick up the slack there. Sometime in 2003, I'll even be having DLR's Chris Hanel on the show as a guest or guest co-host, or both.

As the NJO ends late next year, obviously, there'll be a new type of retrospective on that, and I'll be doing some bits on the Clone Wars as things get expanded upon. Other topics I've toyed with for times of year would be the Anakin/Jesus/Lucifer parallels that Lucas worked in (April), the Jedi Academy (or maybe Jedi Temple, or maybe a comparison, but for June once most schools have just gotten out), creepiest baddies (October), and then some kind of 2003 Holiday Special to go along with this year's.

Other than that, it's a blank slate. I'm too busy trying to make sure that the first four Interview Editions and Episodes VI and VII get made. Not to mention those other "Special Editions" that have had to be pushed back toward summer.

15. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I think that the show is going great so far, however, the only real improvement that I see, is to get more people on air, and the more official the better, ie: people associated with LFL, etc...

16. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    The trick with that, of course, is contacting them. Other than PMing VIPs around here, there are very few chances to do so. Particularly from where I'm located in the U.S.

But, that's why it's good that the Supplemental Editions are aiming more toward the fan community, as it's easy to bring in interesting discussion from that arena.

17. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    The site has been updated with info about new Interview Editions, but the short version is that there are to be 8 interview editions at the moment:

Drugs team
    Conspiracy team
    Reciprocity team
    Chris Hanel
    Mike Beidler

Kevin Rubio
    Ann Crispin
    Will Brooker

Episode VI is on schedule for Friday, and the Drugs interview is on schedule for this weekend. The next SWT-G is on schedule for this Friday as well.

18. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    It would be awesome to hear a fellow SWFA'er, Mike Beidler, on the show!

19. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Actually, I'm doing Mike's interview at 5:00 tomorrow afternoon. :)

20. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    And...the interview is done. It went quite well. I'll most likely hold off and release this one sometime during the last week of December, since we have the Drugs interview coming out this evening and the next regular episode coming out on Friday.

21. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    NEW RELEASE

The first-ever Interview Edition of ChronoRadio is now available for download right here. It features Chad Peter and Shayna Lanzo of "Drugs," and I'm joined in the interview by guest co-host Erica "LadyTygress" Strafford.

Check it out, and let me know what you think!

22. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Updated ChronoRadio release schedule:

December 13: Episode VI (2002 Holiday Special)
    December 20: Interview Edition II (Mike Beidler)
    December 27: Interview Edition III (Will Brooker)

23. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    As promised, Episode VI of ChronoRadio (the 2002 Holiday Special) and the new Star Wars Timeline Gold 24 have now been released. Drop by the pages to check them out.

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/
    http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/chronoradio/

24. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
  25. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan,

I am in the middle of listening to the new Episode now. My advice, tone down the swearing for future episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.