main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Timeline Gold & ChronoRadio Announcements

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nathan PTH, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Snow closed schools for us today (yay for being a teacher, right?), so I've gone ahead and released tomorrow's Interview Edition Double-Header early!

Drop by now to check out Interview Editions for Lou "T'Bone" Tambone of StarWarz.com and Bill Smith, formerly of West End Games and author of two Essential Guides.

Clickie

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Hello Nathan,

Just listening to the T'bone interview... I felt that you could stayed away from the T'bone vs. TF.N theme... from what I know, all happened years ago, and we all need to move on.

3. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    That's precisely why I felt it needed to be visited. It's become such a long-standing "urban legend" in the fan site community that I felt it was time that it was aired, it was shown that at least the SWz end was past the b.s., and it was time to move past it.

Meanwhile . . .

The brand new Interview Editions with TFN Fan Films head Jeff "Azeem" Yankey . . . and Destiny's Way author Walter Jon Williams (!) are now available!

Clickie

4. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

Can't wait to hear the Walter Jon Williams Interview!

5. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Downloading now.

6. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Hey Nathan, would you want to interview Chris McElroy and myself one day?

7. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm not quite sure what this whole T'Bone vs. TFN thing was about. Some political mixup I guess. As far as I'm concerned it's ancient history and people just need to let go. I'm glad to see that T'bone seems to have done just that. Well, mostly. :) None of us can totally drop something that went so sour.

To me, now is the perfect time for those of us not directly involved with the incident to forget those cares and start over. TFN's staff is more mature and is past running over people to break the big story and T'bone has cooled off as well.

Bottom line, fan sites should be working together, not against each other. We should use this interview and T'bone's experience as proof of that.

Chris

8. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Michael: Perhaps. It may have to be a while, though. In all honesty, I'd like to find an item that you two disagree on, and maybe you could record point-counterpoint segments for it sometime.

9. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    Nathan are you planning to interview Sean Williams and Shane Dix(authors of the forthcoming Force Herectic trilogy)in the future?

10. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    I want to do so, yes, but I'd rather wait and ask them once we're later in the series. I want to be able to ask specific story points instead of running into the "Lucasfilm brain implant" where they can't say much.

11. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Just like to post this message to send you that I'm truly appreciating all the work you're doing, Nathan.

I travel daily for about an hour or so, and only recently found out about ChronoRadio. I had read about it, but never bothered to download it. When I downloaded Second Strike a few weeks ago, I had uploaded the entire clip to my MP3 player, and listened to it whilst biking for about an hour really late afternoon after spending an evening with some friends. Suffice to say, the journey wasn't as boring as it used to be, I enjoyed it all.

Since then, I've been uploading at least one ChronoRadio episode to my MP3 player during travelling, and the journey is over before I know. It's very fascinating to listen to, and I can't wait to get to several interviews.

Plus, the Timeline has got to be one of the best documents I've ever read. The information in there is massive, and whenever I need a quick tidbit of information, I usually open the timeline. The work you've done on it is excellent!

(as a side note, I'm really hoping to see that my small role as transport pilot is still preserved for Second Strike Act 2 or 3 :p)

Just a quick thank you for all the work you've done, Nathan, and keep up the good work.

12. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Thanks, Burrie. Glad to hear you've liked the work put into it.

As for the Transport Pilot, you'd be in Act II. I don't know the scene offhand, but you're looking at about 3/4 of the way into that act, so unless there are issues I don't know about, you should hear yourself in about a month and a half, when 2S: All Fall Down is released on March 17.

13. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    And I'm still waiting for you to finish 7 and 7.5, Nathan. Err, I still have three interviews that need a listening as well.

14. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    And I'm still waiting for you to finish 7 and 7.5, Nathan. Err, I still

have three interviews that need a listening as well.

Well, the 7.5 you have access to is all but complete. I have to wait until

the trivia contest is over to record that segment, so I gotta wait for it

to start before it can end. :)

As for #7, we were going to record the missing segments for that today, but

we got so wrapped up in the news that we didn't do so. We were both home

trying to watch the shuttle landing when it all started.

15. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    (My thanks to dp4m for taking care of some unpleasant business and getting this thread condensed and back on track.)

16. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    UPDATE: It looks very much like this weekend will see the release of the Batman: Year One fan film community-aimed Interview Edition. Things have gotten in the way of having CR #7 ready for the weekend, so I'll be pushing that and the new SWT-G back to the weekend of the 14th - 17th (President's Day)

17. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    Nathan,do you plan to have the SWT-G and CR going well through 2005 and beyond? I really hope so!

18. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm hoping so. Of course, it's a little early to say much to that effect. I'll be intending to, though.

Speaking of the show continuing...

I've decided to make Valentine's Day weekend a double-header of Episode VII and VII.V. VII.V contains the most insane rant on an episode yet, clocking in at about 40 minutes dismantling Dark Horse's current problems.

The anti-swearing crowd won't like the language in VII.V, but there'll be a warning in the intro to the episode itself, and a warning on the episode's download page.

::EDIT::

Thrawn, I totally missed that question you'd asked:

Nathan what is your June episode of CR Games and Tokens about?

"Games and Tokens" is a play on words. The natural thought is that it probably refers to arcade games, which are often played with tokens.

Well, the "Games" part does have to do with video games. I'm going to be looking at the Star Wars video games, both in their development and their contributions to the continuity (their apocryphal parts were dealt with recently, so those won't be dealt with much in this one).

The "Tokens" part refers to the same thing that the name of the character "Token" on South Park does: racial tokenism. Brian Gates, a moderator from GalacticSenate.com, an African American SW fan, is going to join me, the pasty white SW fan, in a look at racial diversity and the supposed racism in the SW films.

19. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Alright, boys and girls, the newest ChronoRadio Interview Edition is up. This time, the show steps fully into the fan film realm with an interview with the creators of the forthcoming fan film Batman: Year One.

Next weekend: ChronoRadio #7 AND #7.5.

Clickie

Literature fans who feel left out by this interview should get a kick out of next weekend's VERY lit based double-header.

20. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Finally, after some major setbacks, I'm pleased to announced three new releases:

The Star Wars Timeline Gold 26 (February)
    ChronoRadio VII: Too Much Girly Stuff
    and
    ChronoRadio VII.V: My Show Runneth Over

You can find them all at http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/

21. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Already letters are starting to come in regarding CR #7.5. If this volume keeps up, I may release a small supplemental edition to 7.5 (what would that be? 7.75? 7.x?) to attend to those issues and mention the trivia contest winner. Kinda depends.

22. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Awesome. :)

23. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Can't say I'm a bit surprised about the flood of letters. My hope is the majority are positive since I do firmly believe you are right in taking Dark Horse and especially Rich Handley to task over this whole mess.

Awesome show as always.

24. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Heh, Randy Stradley. :p

By the way, your letter is recorded and I do intend on using it and replying in the next CR. Whenever I have the response actually recorded I'll let you hear the file.

Right now, I'm editing April's "Playa to Playa, Pimp to Pimp" head-to-head guest editorial segment to get Fatboy Roberts' segment ready, and to begin inserting those fake commercials into the middle segments.

25. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    What about Rich Handley?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.