main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA SWAP gear

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Announcing the opening of SWAP gear shop on the net.

I set this up a few weeks ago, and was waiting until I heard of the fate of our website name. I mentioned the "shop" at the meeting this past Saturday. It was determined that, should we not have the www.newrepublic.net name anymore that I would just take that off as part of the graphic. Well, now that Terry has secured the name once more, we don't need to change it. So. I'm rolling it out now.

Anyway, I set this shop up so you can buy stuff at your leisure.

http://www.cafeshops.com/salzswapshop

You can get all sorts of merchandise including: clothing, hats, mugs, stickers, mousepads, wallclocks, lunchboxes, flying discs (since you can't call it a fris....well you know, because of copyright infringement), tote bags, journals, etc. If you don't see something you may want, let me know and I'll see if it's available to set up with cafepress.com.

(And no Brian, I won't set-up the thong for you.... :) ) ha ha

Business Disclaimer
    I have only added from 50 cents to 2 dollars at most for mark-up, to generate a modest modicum of profit for the group (Really charitable contribution to CHoP-Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh). Since I will have to pay taxes on any monies received, I'll need to hold 30% of the money taken in. You have to file a different tax form when you do business like this and unfortunately the government takes a bigger chunk. If I find later that 30% was too much, the difference will be put into the SWAP account or donate this as well.

Rest assured I didn't set this up to make money for me. I just figured it would be easier for you all to pick what you like and not be constricted by deadlines to get money in by a certain date, etc.

Okay, so go check it out, and order your SWAP stuff!

-Sal

[Edit] The nature of limited and short run merchandise causes higher prices than the norm so please be aware of this. Again, I kept mark-up to a very thin line of profit for the group. Thanks-Sal[End Edit]

2. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    ACK! i love it all Sal! I want a S.W.A.P. lunch box!!! and the prices are actually pretty good!!

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Hye Sal is it possible for you to setup the tshirts the same way they are now?

4. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Sure. You mean with the logo of the cityscape and the hybrid Rebel/Imperial logo right?

Only thing is that I can't offer the same kind of shirt on both designs. That is to say that I can't have one with the SWAP logo on both sides and the other with the two different logos.

I won't be able to make the changes until later today.

(So folks get your "limited" edition shirts with the SWAP logo on both sides, as it will not be offered that way again...heh heh)

5. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    Wow! I am impressed with all the cool stuff. I could use a mouse pad, haha, I really can. Ummm I hope though we can get some things in other colors besides white? Anyway. Cool stuff.

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sal you can offer both tshirts. I have a cafepress store, let me see hwo it is done and get back to you.

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I'll look into the color thing.

Okay, so I just looked into it and it seems that the only thing you can get different from the standard color white is the hats.

Wait! I just added an Ash Grey T-shirt.

Both t-shirts have the two differnet logos on them now.

Plus I've added a few more items to choose from like a stainless stell travel mug and BBQ apron.

Here's the list of the rest of the items available, but not for sale yet in the shop. (Mostly because I don't think they'll sell well). You let me know if there's anything on the list that you might want to buy.

Dog T-Shirt
    Fitted T-Shirt
    Jr. Raglan (this is the ladies softball t-shirt)
    Trucker Hat
    Audio CD
    Data CD
    Baseball Jersey
    Jr. Baby Doll T-Shirt (very short sleeves)
    Women's T-Shirt
    Jr. Spaghetti Tank (no Brian you can't have one of these...)
    Sweatshirt
    Boxer Shorts
    Classic Thong (Or this either, Brian, that goes for you too Terry...ha ha)
    Camisole (Okay, you cna have this one Brian...haha)
    Infant/Toddler T-Shirt
    Infant Creeper
    Bib (I need this one...Say Abbey, would you like one of these?)[EDIT] I meant for the baby [End EDIT]
    Stein
    Tile Box
    Teddy Bear
    Black Cap (This is a black relaxed fit cap with a big ol' white oval on the fron for the logo to go on it)
    Sticker (Rectangular)
    Wall Calendar
    Calendar Print
    Greeting Cards (Package of 6)
    Postcards (Package of 8)
    Mini Poster Print
    Small Poster (16x20 inches)
    Large Poster (23x35 inches)
    License Plate Frame
    Book

You can go here to see the items in question, that are not in the group store:

[image=http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/CafePress_other_items.jpg]

Again, I'll only put them up for sale if there's an interest.

No, Brian, you can't have the thong so quit asking.....heh heh (just pokin' a little fun, yo)

-Sal

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    The frisbee is cool. I think I'll buy that and then we can play at the picnic.

9. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Fluke... You mean the "flying disc."

8-}

Likes flying discs,
    Yours Truly

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I ordered the 15oz coffee mug and the travel mug. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

11. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    GC, I find it shocking that you would order coffee mugs.

;)

12. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm all about the boxers, hahaha. :D

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    It's a FRISBEE! A flying disc could be any number of things.

14. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I'd like to see a toddler t-shirt so I can get one for Sarah(my niece)

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Many items have been added to the "SWAP shop".

I've added two more t-shirts (these have more color choices), a baby bib...haha, and a couple of calendars.

(Josh, there will be a toddler shirt added either tonight or tomorrow for your niece.)

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I've got a calander question: The one that is displayed says Jan 2004. I don't need another 2004 calander. Is it possible to get the calander for the year 2005?

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    It doesn't give me the option for 2005 yet, I was frustrated by this as well, since nearly half the year has gone by. I'd rather have either an 18 month calendar or 2005. Sorry, it's the best I can do on that one for now. I'm constrained by what the site allows me.

18. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Added yet a few more items:

Women's T-Shirt
    Sweatshirt
    Infant/Toddler T-Shirt
    Infant Creeper

Here's the web address again:

www.cafepress.com/salzswapshop

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Too bad about the calander. I really don't want to spend that kind of money when the year is almost half over. It looked very spiffy, though. Maybe when the site allows for a 2005 calander, you can just shift the pictures over. Hmmmm, but then maybe you would want to add some new pictures. I have to admit I was surprised to see how many photos of me exist. I thought I had been fairly careful about not letting that happen ;)

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Ha, and just wait until you see the SWAP DVD!

Yeah, I might shift some of the pictures over to the 2005 Calendar, but we have alot more from this year that I'll be able to add. I imagine most of the pics will be new.

-Sal

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Man my ugly mug is in like atleast 5 of those pics for the calendar. Sorry guys. ;)

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    They're not that bad.....oh wait there's one.....j/k ;)

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Chris, I called up cafepress.com and asked when they would make 2005 calendars available. They said August or September. So, I'll create an updated one around that time.

I've added another item added to the shop.

It's an Albino Ewok...(Just go look)

www.cafepress.com/salzswapshop

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Looks like Cafepress had a screwup with service and is giving "shop owners" 25% off. I don't believe this applies to anyone else who orders through the site, but I'll check. [Edit] Just checked and it only applies to shop owners so you'd hve to go through me to take advantage of the discount. [End edit]

They are offereing this discount through June 30th.

You would need to PM me your order and get the money to me before I place the order. (It's the only way I can do this for you.) Money order or cash, no checks or credit cards. (I'd have to wait for the check to clear and you might miss out on the discount by then, and I'm not set-up personally to receive credit card payments.) I will print out a receipt for you if requested.

This discount does NOT apply to any orders placed before today. Sorry, I don't have control over that.

By going through me for this discount you'll save a bit. here are some examples (if you need specific quotes on other items just ask):

SWAP T-shirt was $15 (not include larger sizes), with temporary discount it is now $10.49! The 3x T-shirt is $18, with temporary discount it is now $12.74!
    SWAP Tote bag was $15.99, with temporary discount it is now $9.74!
    SWAP wall clock was $13.99, with temporary discount it is now $8.24!

These prices may never be this low again, so if you wanted to get some SWAP stuff but were on the fence because or price, now is your chance to save big!

Okay, so go take a look!

http://www.cafepress.com/salzswapshop

Did I just sound like a salesman or what. Sorry about that, just want you folks to save as much as you can and get some SWAP stuff as well.

EDIT What I'll do is take all orders up until June 24. Payment must be received by then as well. I'll place one large order (to save on shipping). I'll pay the shipping charge for the time being and once I receive the items will evenly portion out how much shipping would be for your order based on final cost of your order.

Example: If Josh orders $25 worth of stuff, Tina orders $10, and Chris (Greencat) orders $35, the total would be (before shipping) $70. The shipping will depend on how heavy and how quickly we want the item. (Too ensure the lowest price just go with the slowest shipping which is 5-10 business days) On an order such as above I could estimate the total shipping to be $12. This would mean (divided be purchase order) Josh would owe $4.25 in shipping, Tina $1.70, and Chris $5.95.

Oh, and I just noticed that if we order 15 or more of any one particular item (like 15 t-shirts-sizes can vary or 15 wall mousepads, etc) that we would get an additional "bulk rate" discount for that specific item!

One last note, there is a 30 day money back guarantee on purchases. I assume from time shipped. Once I would recieve these, I'd look them over to make sure the correct order was received, then you will need to look over your purchases as soon as I get them to you. If your unsatisfied you'll have to give me back the item and I'll put in for a refund (I would have to send back the items). The refund may take a little while. I don't know since, I'v e never had to return anything to them.

I just placed a large order for myself and once this comes in, I'll let you know what I think of the products.

Currently they are out of the white hats, but should get them back in, in a couple weeks, hopefully before the discount ends. Otherwise your choices for hats right now are khaki (tan) and grey.
    END EDIT

-Sal

25. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Cafepress has now offered summer seasonal wear, so I've added several new items to the shop. I'll be adding a few more over the next day or so.

There is a special shirt for this year. Go and check it out!
    Also added a pair of Junior fleece shorts and another (Value) T-shirt, a men's sleeveless T-shirt and a women's sleeveless T-shirt, "Ringer" T-shirt, teddy bear, and changed the face of the Wall clock to something more "space" themed as well as added numbers for the hours. Lots of new stuff!

The discount applies on all of these new items as well.

Again that offer is good until June 30th, 2004.

http://www.cafepress.com/salzswapshop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.