main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

T-shirts (I know that it is still a little early...)

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JarJarJedi, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I was showing my friend my pics from C2, and he said that DocuZip on the University of Akron's campus can put those on a T-shirt. I looked into it, and they can also do posters.

Here are the sites that I found about it:

T-shirts and other things

Posters

The only thing is, there are no prices on the pages. I will find out the prices when I go into Campus when I pay my bill and get my books.

My friend aslo told me that he believes that if you get 10 or more shirts there is a price break.

Has anyone found out of anywhere else we could get shirts done?

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Good work Cindy!

"Go to Naboo (or rather Akron) and discover the identity of this dark warrior"(DocuZip)

"This is the clue we need to unveil the mystery of the" Shirt [face_laugh]

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I played on a football team with a kid who's father owns a silkscreening shop, Terry's Pro Shop in downtown Bedford. I was thinking about getting T-shirts for our floor from him last semester, and so I called him up for estimates. For about 30 shirts, if you get text in only one color, for shirts S-XL, the cost would be like $6.00. It would be a dollar more for XXL and XXXL. But do we want text in only one color? If there are multiple colors, then it would be more expensive and a lot more grueling (cuz all the colors have to be on separate 'plates' then composited). And do we want a design too? We'll have to get more information and a prototype shirt before we do anything. Just figured I'd give you an estimate to work with while Cindy was informing about her lead.

4. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Sounds cool to me, depending on cost. This will be the second price package we'll be putting together for the next meeting. T-shirts and patches as per Krash.

Anyways most of the screen shops I've spoken with for my frat have the ability to use digital files. Possible use of my tentative website design? Just throwing it out there.

-b-

5. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll take in the logo that I printed up when I go in. I think that I saw that you had to provide your own shirts, but I'll find out when I go.

6. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Clickie
    This is what we did in San Antonio. They are pretty nice and high quality.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    San Antonio has got some nice stuff! And looking at their stuff gave me some ideas:

* Front and back images (the original version of our JKOC icon) with our name and "the Force of the Northcoast" on the back
    * Short and long sleeved shirts
    * If multiple styles, one in black, the other white

If we have to supply the shirts, let's look for something nice, that won't shrink after a couple washes.

8. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    DUDE!!!! We could even make baseball jerseys for the JKOC Softball Team!!!!

Except we never hit anything.... lightsabers tend to cleave softballs in twain...

9. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    DUDE!!!! We could even make baseball jerseys for the JKOC Softball Team!!!!

Except we never hit anything.... lightsabers tend to cleave softballs in twain...

LOL!!!! [face_laugh] I'm going to go to Akron as soon as I get my bill to get everything done. (unless it is tomorrow, since I have band... [face_plain] (Stupid meet the team! :mad:))

10. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    No Krash you just upload your logo to their server and the "purchase" the "custom" shirts from them. This way ppl can get what they want when they want it. They just dont have Black or colored shirts. I did all the logos for San Antonios stuff. Their shirts are pretty high quality. They use Hanes shirts. I got grease on mine or I'd have shown you guys by now. We dont have to buy in bulk or pay any money for anything except fot the item we want.

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I going to sit down with Amy's roommate Rhia (she's in a band called "Somnus") and they've get all kinds of shirts made.

JJJ, Random, get some estimates on how much it would cost for a multi-color shirt, how many we HAVE to order at a time. And report back to "the council" at the next meeting.

Anrev, would these guys be able to do shirts for us? And would there be a monster shipping charge?

I liked the fact that they use Hanes T-shirts, they make good stuff. We used to buy t-shirts from the various hockey tournaments we went to, they always shrunk after one or two times through the wash.

12. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Krash, Padawan92, JJJ, Mullet and I went over the website logo i threw together and figured we may as well get an idea of what it would look like monochrome on a t-shirt.

Here are two shots: black on white and white on black
    [image=http://www.unipixonline.com/sw_images/tshirt_white.gif]
    [image=http://www.unipixonline.com/sw_images/tshirt_black.gif]

Everybody let me know what you think...

-b-

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I like the white writing on the black shirt...

14. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    what about this?
    [image=http://www.swssa.com/logos/jedi_knights.jpg]

15. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I agree with Random...I like the black shirt with white logo...it stands out a whole lot more.

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I like the floor of the Jedi Council symbol and the Rebel insignia behind the skyline for the T-shirt.

17. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    psssst.. Anrev... it's Knights. ;)

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Again, you two are coming up with some great stuff. And I think I found a way to utilize both images:

Anrev: your image will look great as a front side "pocket screen" Like the shirts you showed from San Antonio.

Brian: your image will be the larger size on the back of the shirt.

That way, we can still sell a variety of styles of shirts (regular, baby-T, long sleeve) without the extra costs of a whole bunch of different size screenings.

19. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    [face_shocked]

Wow! I love your new logos Brian. You said you threw this together to see what it looks like in monochrome. Does that mean you have one in color? Can you post it?

I don't like the idea of a black or white t-shirt though. There would be no difference in cost if we used an ash colored shirt with a blue logo.

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I also liked Brian's idea of a "jersey" style shirt in accordance with regular T's, Baby-T's, etc.

21. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Zod-
    Here it is in color for everyone's reference. Just sub the full text in for the abbreviation.
    [image=http://unipixonline.com/sw_images/jkoc_skyline.jpg]

-b-

22. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Yes, I like the full text better then the abbreviation.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Great stuff Brian, I'm OK with the idea of doing more then one style of T-shirt. Let's get some figures on how much it will cost to do 2 different images (Anrev and BMack) and ask if we have to provide the shirts.

Either b/w or with the red color, I think this will make a great logo for the T-shirts.

24. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    How convenient that blue and red are not only Cleveland Indians colors, but also Rebel and Imperial/Jedi and Sith colors too. I'd like to see blue and red implemented if we could.

25. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Blue and Red...
    Well, there's an idea.... hmmmmm...

(Wheels turning rapidly) [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.