main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

T-shirts (I know that it is still a little early...)

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JarJarJedi, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, I wasn?t trying to explain what you wanted to do. I was just saying how we would do the logo in one color.

What Random wants to do would require a two color screen. The inside of the new jedi order insignia would be cut out of both screens so no color would be printed inside of it. This would allow the color of the shirt to show through underneath.

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well I'm the first to check out Random's mods on the shirt logos, and it's nice looking, simple, efficient, and more than likely a lot cheaper than what most of you are complaining it might turn out to be. Think of it like this - Blue shirt for example... regular blue shirt...logo in black and white...the only blue that's going in that logo is the rebel insignia. That's it. Simple. And it looks really good. Random is da man!

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    here're random's mods...
    [image=http://www.unipixonline.com/sw_images/tshirt_red.gif]
    [image=http://www.unipixonline.com/sw_images/tshirt_blue.gif]
    [image=http://www.unipixonline.com/sw_images/tshirt_green.gif]
    [image=http://www.unipixonline.com/sw_images/tshirt_purple.gif]
    The colors would be the fabric of the shirt.

Anyways, still a two color design. That's another plate to pay for. Not exactly where I think our first run should go for the pocketbook's sake, But keep in mind, when we sucker Random into having the guy make both plates, then we can order for cheaper. :)

-b-

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Thank you Brian, very much!!! :D That was what my idea has been all along people... The design would be ONE template (of 2 screens) that could be used for all four color shirts. While this would be cost effective, seeing as one design could be used on any color shirt, if having black and white together on one screen is a dollar or two more per shirt, I personally say it's well worth it to have the shirts look like the mods. And we can have "The Force Of The North Coast" on the back of every shirt. Please people... you can have some individuality, and still have a rocking shirt! Please tell me your opinions.

5. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    I have liked your idea all along Random. I'm just worried about the final cost for a shirt. It is going to take three screens to pull this off. Two for our logo on the back, and one for whatever we are placing on the front "pocket" area. That's already $54 before we add on the other costs.

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I say we just have Brian's/my idea on the front (as the "main design" on the shirt, no pocket) and TFOTNC on the back. That'd be much simpler and cool looking.

7. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    This is not directed at anyone in particular. When ever someone makes a proposal for a project such as this, you should always present what the final cost associated with the project will be. It is unfair to ask for opinions on something without presenting a cost. Cost will always be a deciding factor on whether a project is approved or not. Anyone can come up with a great idea, the hard part is justifying the cost to implement it. If I presented a project at work without financial numbers and a cost justification, I would be thrown out of the meeting. Just a little bit of business advise. :)

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    They are not that cool. I like the old one, plan black and white. just classic.

9. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Actually, i'm with padawan on this one. for the first run, just do a one color screen. then front and back would be $36.00 for setup on the prices from Premiere Screening.

Anrev sent me a copy of the front logo. I'm making a high res version tonight.

-b-

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I said when we started first proposing this shirt that I knew somebody who did screening. While I don't know that he'd do the same "set-up fee" sort of deal, I know that when we wanted to order shirts for my floor last year for about 20 people, one screen (S-XL) was like $7.00 per shirt (XXL and XXXL were a dollar more). If I ask him for an estimate for a 2 color screen and the shirt total comes under or around $10.00 (mind you I'm thinking that he WON'T do the same sort of "set-up for the first time and any more batches won't need money for the screen" plan) then would you people be interested? The only thing is... I remember him saying last semester that if we were to have multiple colors for the screen that they would have to be on separate pages (but I dunno how this would work with black and white, if it would be the same), so B, do you know if you would be able to "separate" the black and put it on one sheet and put the white on another? I'm still in favor of NOT having a pocket on the front, using B's design on the front only, and using The Force Of The North Coast on the back. Nothing against Anrev's design, but I like B's better, and I'm upset it was a late entry cuz I think it'd be a cooler logo. (Now that'll give you an idea to start making that design into an icon B, thus giving you more work ;)) Let me try pitching it to him and see what kind of feedback I get before we go and do anything. Also, as a side note, see my "Prevent An Empire From Arising..." thread as it somewhat pertains to this.

11. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Now that I wasted the better part of an hour, responding to your "prevent an empire" comments. Let me get back to my original thought on this.

Cindy (and now Brian) are the only ones to have investigated, and brought back any supportable information about our options. You have mentioned "a guy who can do this" for us...but without any kind of estimated prices or quotes on multi-color options; I've been reluctant to follow up on that. Does this guy's buisness have a name? phone number? I need specifics before we can explore that option.

As for the "pocket" screen design (aka Anrev's design) At Cindy's pool party(when this got started), and online...it was agreed that to utilize both really great designs...we would have Anrev as a pocket screen, and Brian's design on the back. This was discussed and approved at the meeting of "the council" (disproving your claim that I have "Palpatine issues") including a concept drawing. So the pocket design stays...or would you rather cut out Anrev's hard work?

My problem with what you've been describing, over the last couple days, is the addition of DIFFERENT QUOTES to match the various lightsaber colors. That would require different screens...and each costing more then just one design. And that way, we can finally use the "The Force of the Northcoast" subtitle that was elected but POPULAR VOTE!

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Sigh, more misunderstandings. First of all, let me say that I was NOT at the pool party due to my RA training (for once my personal life DOES take preference over my SW life), so I have been in the dark about this.

If you must know who my contact is, it is Terry's Pro Shop in Bedford. I played football with Mr. Terry's son in high school. Here is the phone number so you can follow it up yourself if you want:

(440) 232-5336

Like I said above, I think he'd be pretty cheap based upon what research I did last year... but feel free to call him up and see what it would cost for a 2 screen design.

"As for the "pocket" screen design (aka Anrev's design) At Cindy's pool party(when this got started), and online...it was agreed that to utilize both really great designs...we would have Anrev as a pocket screen, and Brian's design on the back. This was discussed and approved at the meeting of "the council" (disproving your claim that I have "Palpatine issues") including a concept drawing. So the pocket design stays...or would you rather cut out Anrev's hard work?"

I don't remember this EVER being posted... I could have missed something, but I don't think so.

"My problem with what you've been describing, over the last couple days, is the addition of DIFFERENT QUOTES to match the various lightsaber colors. That would require different screens...and each costing more then just one design. And that way, we can finally use the "The Force of the Northcoast" subtitle that was elected but POPULAR VOTE!"

I've said multiple times that I just threw out the different quotes to match the different colors as a fun idea, and that I could care less if we did away with that if you want to do away with it and put the Force Of The North Coast on all the colored shirts, thus being only ONE screen. See above if you doubt me.

Sorry people, but please try to recap what happened at the last meeting by putting it online... I'm suggesting a possible 2 seat expansion on the Council, a secretary and a "vice-secretary" for lack of a better word, in case the secretary can't make the meeting. Just my thoughts, and once again sorry for confusion... I try to explain things as best as I can on here, but sometimes misunderstand me nonetheless...

13. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I still like the classic style. Plain and simple. Plus if someone looks at it, it would be for the meaning not coloring.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    At the risk of "cut and posting" quotes all over the place. Take my word on this, using the Anrev/Brian designs has been discussed (I personally brought it up both online AND at the pool party) And at the council meeting, we agreed to use both great designs.

Thank you for the name and phone #, do you have some estimats on price...or should I call and ask for them?

As for the proposed additions to the council, please keep this thread on topic with the T-shirts. Contact Darth-Zod if you wish to propose an addition to "the council" Since this falls under his area of "checks and balances"

15. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I have liked your idea all along Random. I'm just worried about the final cost for a shirt. It is going to take three screens to pull this off. Two for our logo on the back, and one for whatever we are placing on the front "pocket" area. That's already $54 before we add on the other costs.

At CSI, they said that they can put the front and back on the same screen.

And as for Anrev's design on the front, I wasn't getting prices on that... I thought we said something else. We would somehow have to change the colors of the lightsabers though. My mom said that we could get the lightsabers the color of the shirt, and use fabric paint to make them different colors.

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I sense that this is something that's going to take up alot of time at the next meeting. Everyone who has looked into this (Brian/Cindy/Random/myself) if you could bring any kind of drawings of what you've been describing here...it might help use finalize what we would go with. It doesn't have to be detailed, a rough sketch will do.

I've got Brian's estimate written down (along with CSI), and I'll bring them ALL...and the one I'll get from the people who do my friend's "Somnus" shirts (I saw some at their show...they look great)

17. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Do we really need to change things. Can't we do anything simple now. I don't mean to sound rude but if we keep trying to change it I will keep getting headaches.

18. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I think I have figured out a way of doing the T-shirts.... do it ourselves. We could get the transfer paper from K-mart, get shirts from K-mart (or somewhere else if we find them cheeper), print up the designs on someone's computer that has a good printer, and put them on the shirts. Granted they would be smaller, but they would be cheeper. There are pros and cons to this, and I'm still working on that list. (What you can do when you are bored in math class... :D) If anyone wants me to post the pros and cons, I will. It could be something for now, since you guys want shirts for the soccer game.

Just an idea. :)

19. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Point:
    I don't know who else would like the shirts for the soccer game, but I definitely would. I'm just another poor college student and can't afford a costume (Halloween costumes don't meet my standards) and would like something that would make us (me) stand out.

-b-

20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'm with B Mack, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to have this done in time for the soccer game. We've got a design we apparently like, all we need to do is decide on where to have them done. Someone should do a post or thread with all the pricing info and then we should decide. And, no offense Eric, forget colors for now. KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid. For a first try I say we keep it black on white, or white on black.

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    KISS MY A$$ DON!!! j/k. You didn't need that second "S" there. Oh well, I'm a good sport.

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    If we keep this to a simple black/white or white/black design, which I'm 100% in favor of, we should be able to keep the cost down (always appreciated)...and have these ready in time for the soccer game.

The next question, which estimate do we use?
    Custom Sportswear Imprints (Akron)
    $70 setup cost
    shirts ranging (depending on size) from $16.50-$19.00

Premiere Screening (Kent)
    a flat rate for between 10-19 shirts ($12.29 per)
    with a discount IF we can reach20 or more
    extra costs: $1.20 white/black shirt, $1.40 for XXL size
    Able to recieve designs through e-mail
    And CAN have the job done in 10 working days! MAJOR PLUS!

KIWI (Twinsburgh) the people who do the "Somnus" shirts may take longer then we have; so forget them. And I have nothing from "Terry's Pro Shop" yet...so it will be too late to start with them.

"We're running out of time"
    I'll Darth-Zod to create a poll to get the majority opinion on this. Also, I'm asking that the poll finish by the end of the weekend...so keep looking for it and vote.

23. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    White t-shirts. The Jedi Knights... Can we get any more boring?

Edit: There will be no poll at this time. We need to end all of the confusion before we move any further. Let's drop this topic until the next meeting. (I have already spoke to Krash about this.)

24. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Psst Krash... CSI is in Seville. ;) Not that it really matters, but when it comes to tax it does. ;) (5.5% in Medina County, 5.75% in Summit, and 7% in Cuyahoga. (Dunno what Portage is))

25. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Y'know, I never thought about tax, but it may already be built into the prices for the place out in Kent. They may keep it under the table since they do so many non-profit groups.

Unfortunately, and this probably happens anywhere we would go, in order to mix colors in an order, it would be separate jobs. EG: an order of 5 white and 5 black.

Mike at PS, says it's to difficult to clean the ink out of the screens. so they have to cut two screens. Price just went up unless we agree on just one color.

-b-

BTW: I won't be responding as quick as I would like, somehow my modem got fried. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.