main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Take me back to 1977 (week 2, daily task 1)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by B'omarr, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Well, my earliest memories go way back to 1977. I can remember earlier expieriences, but they were more like feelings or thoughts instead of actual memories.

My first memories were of my third birthday party. It was around my parents' divorce, and my mother had just moved into an apartment. We didn't have much furniture and the apartment we had just moved into seemed eerily empty.

My birthday cake looked like a jack-o-latern. When I blew the candles out, I got a headache as I was a little too close to the candles. I didn't even get all the candles out, so no wish for me that year :( My mom didn't have any silverware, so me and my partygoers ate the jack-o-latern with our bare hands.

Also, at this same party, I believe our kitchen sink was clogged, so the Kool-Aid was mixed up in the bathroom sink. This caused quite a panic at the party, as us 3 year olds jumped to the inevitable conclusion that 3 year olds will that the Kool-Aid had been mixed in the toilet, and my mother was trying to poison us by making us drink poo water.

There is another very early event in my life I remember, while watching Battle of the Planets in pre-school, I got sick and started throwing up nothing but spaghetti-O's. The teachers kept telling me to "go to the toilet", but I didn't know at the time that toilet was another word for potty.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Birthdays with little kids can be realyl hectic. I intend to not let my kids have parties until they are at least 5. I might not even let them out of the closet until then.

I remember my friend's third b-day, when we had blue Cookie Monster cupcakes that tasted horrible and stained everything. :(

3. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I should mention that the reason the cake looked like a jack-o-latern is because my birthday is October 30. So the cake was at least seasonal, and not some old moldy cake my mom picked up in mid-July.

4. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    ...and my mother was trying to poison us by making us drink poo water.

[face_laugh]

Battle of the Planets? Ah yes...memories from childhood. I loved that show. :D

5. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I remember watching Battle of the Planets, and when the show came on, we'd always choose a character to be for the episode. You had to be quick too, because after Mark and Jason, you were pretty much screwed. All that was left was Tiny (the fat one), Keyop (the retarded one), Princess (no boy would ever be princess) and 7-Zark-7 (the retarded, fat, effiminent robot).

6. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, well, I was always Princess. :D And I had a huge crush on Mark forever - still do. [face_love]

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL! Ah birthday parties. :) I still remember the McDonald's party my parents threw me, and how the orange drink got spilled all over the place. ;)

Jae Angel

8. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Wow John, what a party! I'm sorry you didn't have as much fun as a little kid should have at a party, but at least your mom tried to make you happy. :)

And I hate Halloween birthday cakes. [face_plain] Mine was a Halloween cake this year (my birthday is 2 days before yours), and I was so upset. My first non-bday cake in my entire life. :(

9. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah, that was one thing my mom was really good at: throwing parties. I have really good memories of all my birthdays :D

My 1978 party was a Star Wars masquerade. We had a bunch of those cheap plastic masks that were so popular back then. Sadly, I got in a fight because one kid stole my stormtrooper mask, and left me with C3-PO.

10. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    lol aww, birthday parties :) I remember a few of those when I was a kid. Your's sound much more interesting though, B'omarr :p
    especially the Star Wars one ;)

11. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I wanted to add that I share your spaghetti o's story! [face_laugh] I remember a whole lot of things I've thrown up, and that was one of them. :p

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.