main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Tales from RPF City - Now Featuring Even More RPF Amateur Dramatic Theatre!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , May 18, 2008.

1. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Very nice :)

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Found myself imitating Gollum as I read my lines. Fabulous.

What the heck goes through your mind, 'Hammer. Great to see NabooPrincess and Pash mentioned too, as well as the others

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Spoilers: Trieste is going to wind up wrestling Sith-I-5 inside an active volcano. You heard it here first.

:D

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    And now, just because I can't wait for June...

The Mod of Steel

(Moving piano music. Fade up. Imperial_Hammer gazes around in sadness as explosions and gunfire wrack the JCC. Cut to a shot of his mount flying towards the mountains.)

Fade up. Imperial_Hammer holds a small baby in his arms.

Imperial_Hammer: Goodbye, my son. Our hopes and dreams go with you.

A vessel marked with a 'P' rotates to launch position.

Ktala (offscreen): He'll be an outcast. They'll kill him.
    Imperial_Hammer: (with heartbreaking pride and sadness) How? He'll be a god to them.

A shot of the Moon, and the Earth, and the RPF - as a small, falling star streaks toward it. Piano music begins to introduce a soft drumbeat to it.

Imperial_Hammer: What if a user aspired to more than the role the JCC had assigned to him? What if a user aspired to something better?

A doomed RPG on an icy road, plunging into lock. Screaming users and GMs inside it, drowning. Suddenly, it lifts! Out of lockdown! Poor grammar drains from it. A random n00b looks out the door ... and sees a young, adolescent boy, scared of himself, discovered, unlocking the thread.

s65horsey: My son was IN the THREAD! He SAW what Peng did!

Cut to a dark barn. The boy stands next to a tall, older man. The boy pulls a sheet off a large object in the barn, revealing the space vessel of earlier in the trailer.

Ramza: You're the answer. You're the answer to "Are the boards.theforce.net capable of better things than the JCC."
    Peng: (tearing up): Can't I just ... keep pretending I'm your son?
    Ramza: (grabs hold of Peng, hugs him, voice breaking) You are my son...!

(A montage of images: Peng, hitchhiking north; working in a band; on an oil rig; on a fishing boat.)

Ramza: But I have to believe you were put on this forum for a reason. And even if it takes you the rest of your life, you owe it to yourself to find out what that reason is.

(More montages: Peng, barechested and lookin DAAAAAMN fine while he does, editing posts, posting in the Game Group)

Rilwen_Shadowflame: How do you find someone who has spent his whole registration period editing his own posts? To some, he was a guardian angel; to others, a sock who never quite fit in.

(Peng, sitting on a back doorstep, contemplating a small block of metal, engraved with a 'P'. Then more images: going north, flashlights in an icy RPR cavern - a copy of Hammer's Market Metaphor rotating into view. The music swells louder.

Imperial_Hammer (voiceover): You will give the people of RPF an ideal to aspire to. They will stumble; and they will fall.
    (A silhouetted figure, tall, muscular, clean-shaven, walks slowly out of the RPR. A stylised letter -- difficult to see in silhouette -- is emblazoned on his chest.

[​IMG]

(A cape drifts around his shoulders as he walks into the sun. Peng closes his eyes.)

Imperial_Hammer: But eventually, they will join you in the sun. In time ... you will help them ... accomplish ...

--Penguinator crouches. His fists form. Cracks in the earth appear. Pebbles vibrate--

Imperial_Hammer: ... wonders.

--Penguinator launches himself skyward. The music goes crazy. The sound barrier breaks, as does the awesomeness threshold. Shots of Penguinator circumnavigating the Earth. Then: a spaceship, landing! A shot of a fearsome-looking man in metallic armour:

DarkLordoftheFins: You think your son is SAFE? I ! WILL! FIND! HIM!

A series of shots, too fast to follow: Penguinator holding up the RPF on his own; penetrating into deep JCC territory; smashing troll threads; banning users. Protecting users, getting shot at by Fanfic artillery. A shot of Peng in handcuffs, being led to the Mod Squad.

Penguinator: My father believed that if the boards found out who I really was, it'd ban me. He was convinced the RPF wasn't ready. What do you think?

Suddenly, a small interrogation room with a mirror. Rilwen sits opposite Penguinator.

Rilwen: What's the 'P' stand for?

[​IMG]
    Penguinator: It's not a P. On my world it means hope.

(In a room on the other side of the mirror, Skywalker T-65 and Saintheart look at each other quizzically.)

Rilwen: Well, here it's .. a P. Maybe ... it's Priv--

(A blast of static washes out the rest of her words. Penguinator peers at something offscreen, and gets up from his chair.

Penguinator: Excuse me.

(Flash cut to Penguinator smashing JCC goons out of the sky while flying, as the drums roll.)

THIS SUMMER.

Sinrebirth , Penguinator and Ramza like this.
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Hey, I'm Pa Kent! Ne- Ack!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I did a count once of continuities where Pa Kent lives. The answer is one.

Penguinator likes this.
  6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
  7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    For the sake of the noobs, we hope this is the one :p

8. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Ramza Edit: Posts in this thread should be fics or should pertain to the content of the posted fics.