main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Task 10] The Interview

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by droideka27, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Pretend you're interviewing for a job, any job you want. Preferably one you have actual experience in, or "school learning" for, because that will make it easier. You can make up the particulars of the job; basically we just want to hear about why you would be an attractive employee for whatever position you are applying for.

Answer the following 8 questions, for 1 point each. Task is due Sunday night at midnight. Try to form your answers in a professional sounding manner, like you would in a real interview. Try to sound competent, confident and truthful. Most of you will be applying for jobs through interviews in the future, probably multiple interviews, and this is excellent practice. For those of you who have already been through a real interview, you have a head start!

Start your own thread, clearly labeled as Task 10.

You can receive 2 additional points if you describe the job you are applying for and providing details. It can be real or made up, but it must be a small paragraph of at least 3 sentences.

Interview Questions:

1. Are you more creative or analytical? Which quality best describes you and give an example of how that affects your work?

2. How would co-workers describe you? (From previous jobs)

3. What did you like and dislike about college? (If not in college yet, discuss high school)

4. Where do you want to be in 5 years?

5. Describe a situation you've encountered with a difficult customer.

6. Tell us about a time you had to work with a group to overcome difficulties. What were those difficulties and what did you learn from the experience?

7. Name two of your strengths and one weakness. Remember, an honest answer is important.

8. Why do you have an interest in this field/job? Why do you want to work for our company?

Okay, that's all, and good luck.

(apologies again for getting it up so late, I've just had a crazy week!! This task should take less than a half hour. If not, you're over thinking, or multitasking ;) )

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Upping for the lazy BBers who haven't done this yet, since I kinda buried it by replying to other threads. [face_blush]

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I completed my task.
    Sorry that it came so late and close to the deadline.
    It was a very busy weekend. I had an engagement party, and a college visit on top of everything else. I was sitting at home today and suddenly remembered that the tasks were due today.

Thanks
    Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.