main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Task 8] Rules and Instructions-- Please read first

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by droideka27, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    You didn't say harder, you said impossible. Killing off characters in no way makes continuing the story impossible.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    My exact quote was,
    "Don't kill off everyone. Don't try and make it impossible for anyone to resume the story. Lets just add parts to the story which are not trying to end the story."

The key to that is "Don't TRY and make it impossible."
    See I never said it was impossible. I said don't strive to make it impossible.

-Seldon

3. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hmm...can we please try to keep the major twists to an infrequent minimum? I know it's not a rule or anything, but it's kind of annoying for those of us who'd like the story to make some kind of sense. And be somewhat enjoyable to read. If people could try being more adaptive and cooperative rather than re-molding the whole story to their fancy, that would be nice.

4. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I know what your saying Terr.
    But really, the story is going in a hundred directions and no ones versions are connecting.

I hope that with the schizophrenia twist, the stories can connect on better levels.

I mean one person is talking about Ducky II...another is talking about a fugitive in a mechanic shop...another about a wiseman.....another about a dead robot........another about a schizophrenic fisherman. Things are going crazy.

But I sort of like it.

The schizophrenia twist also explains all the contradictions and strange turns of the story. The guy is insane. We don't know whether to trust him or not. If it were told in first person then this would be an unreliable narrator. He does not know what to think at this point in the story.

5. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    For the record Seldon:

YOU ARE= you're
    your=belonging to you

Also, what in the world possessed you to put a comma in this sentence?

I hope the schizophrenia twist can bring the stories, more together

6. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Much more than killing off main characters, it's the impenetrable grammar and syntax of some of the entries that make it near impossible for me to follow.

And please note that in the entry where I killed Ducky and Robot Ally I was simply reacting appropriately to what happened in the previous entry. Terr has the robot go out the window. Well guess what, everybody. When you open a hole to the vacuum of space, bad stuff happens. I didn't pull it out of my hat. It was a logical progression of what came before me. (I even incorporated French!) I'm very sorry if many of the rest of you are seemingly incapable of adjusting to the conditions established in the story.

AYBABTU

7. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I got over the Duck being dead this morning. My new thing now is the fact of it just being all part of some mental problem. I thought the point of this was for us to have the Duck save the universe and create something out of it. Not get it to be about a crazy fisherman. Its just way to confusing at this point. I think we need some intervention to let us know exactly whats going on. Because this arguing back and forth is not going to work.

~PK~

8. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    The point is to tell a story.

I understand what you're saying Rhett.

9. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    For the record Seldon:

YOU ARE= you're
    your=belonging to you

10. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Okay, can I ask for a HUGE favor? Can you please write what you have first in Word or some similar program, and run the grammar/spell checker? Because some of the grammar and spelling mistakes that we're getting are seriously distracting.

11. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm sorry my spelling sucks worst some days then others.

~PK~

12. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I have notice quite a few contradictions within the story.

The setting of the wise man as well as the mental hospital is China. It has been that since the beginning.

If your writing about the space adventure, the robot is now Mally and the character is Ducky II. Ally was killed earlier on in the story but people are still talking about him.

Now some of the characters I made up were,
    Lord MalalaGorge who is the new ruler of the empire.
    Doctor Chensten is the man who is taking care of the fisherman at the hospital.

I just thought I would clear those things up. A lot of characters names change and it seems like some people may be confused about the setting. That is distracting to me.

-Seldon

13. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Don't worry PK.

14. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Will this weeks task get finished? Will we finish the story? Hmmmmmmm

~PK~

15. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    It's done now, as it's midnight board time. Hooray. I'm adding up points now.

16. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    *tear* Will never know what happened to Ducky and Jeffery at the end.....

~PK~

17. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    They die.

18. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    We might have a better idea if your posts were written in the kind of english that people can understand.

19. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Gee, how nice of you.

~PK~

20. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    How nice of you Dani.
    So do you take pleasure in announcing other people's faults? Is that fun for you?

-Seldon

21. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    yeah

and when you do it back she gets all moody

22. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    Hey, I'm just letting out my frustrations over all the time I wasted trying to decode the mess of tenses and missing articles in PK's posts.

23. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Well, you're the expert!

24. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    True that.

25. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I just want this said on my behalf, I unlike you don't have the time to correct my posts go through edit what not. I normally however on posts that require alot of writing and thought out process I do in word to check my spelling and grammer. I will be the first person to tell you I speak better then I write.

But I was on vacation last week and I could care less if you could understand my posts. If you're a grammer expert it shouldn't of been to hard for you to read thru and correct as you went along. But alas thats a book closed and done away with.

~PK~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.