main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

!!Tatooine Suns Saloon!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jangoboy71, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Personally, I'd rather work for the one clown with a good haircut
    You want to work for me?

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Sure why not...I take the usual payment of cash under the table. Then again, I'm easy to please, so I can also get paid with either: Anything that says Star Wars on it; free video games; or some Taco Bell.

Hey, I'm desperate here. :p

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Good news and bad news for me. The good news is that my sister's best friend delivered a beautiful baby girl into the world last night. You might be thinking "isn't her sister a bit younger than her?" and you'd be correct. Saralyn is a senior in high school, as is her best friend. Her friend has handled this whole thing in a very impressive manner. She's kept up with school (she goes to Kent Stark for most of her classes) and she's taken very good care of herself. Unfortunately her doctor discovered on Wednesday that she had toxemia so they decided to induce labor yesterday. I can't wait to see both of them when I get home. :)

The bad news is that my grandparents had to put down their dog yesterday. Rocky was nearly 19 years old and had lived with them for about 8 years (he lived with my uncle out west before that). There's a picture of him in my photo album in the family section. He was an incredibly sweet, enormous animal, and I can't believe he's gone. He was a very vibrant member of our family. The only pets I've ever lost before have been sea monkeys, ants, and fish, and this came as a complete shock to me so I'm finding myself a bit emotionally dazed at the moment.

And I have two exams today, yay. After that I'm working 4-6pm and 8pm-12am. Yay again. [face_plain] At least I have a Rebels meet to look forward to tomorrow. :)

Thus end's Roseanna's life story update of the week. Free drinks on me for anyone who bothered to read. :)

4. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Everyone wish Will good luck today on his SECOND interview at Circuit City!

5. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Will, good luck on your interview at CC!
    And, Rosie, sorry about your grandparents' dog. :( Pets really do become like family members and we miss them when they are gone. (I have two cats--one who is old, mangy, won't let me brush her any longer, and cries a lot and I worry about her often.) Unfortunately, their lives are so much shorter than our lives (usually). But there are always orphan pets just waiting to be adopted so I've usually had a cat or two around!

6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Heh thanks Bret & Skye. I had my 2nd interview today, I think I did well, talked to the store manager I think, answered a lot of questions, I feel I did well in the interview, except at the end the manager told me that there were a couple other applications she wanted to look at, just to be fair, and that I would also need a possible third interview, and she'd call me back if anything came up. Well, usually that means I get a swift kick in the rear and they don't want me, but I got into conversation with some ladies who worked there at their courtesy desk, and said I'd probably be hired, since that's how the manager is to most applicants. So who knows? Hope that "good luck" comes my way after all!

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    *enters in an excited frenzy*

I got to play with the Sword of the King!! I got to play with the Sword of the King!!

*runs in cirles until she trips over her own feet, then grins like a little kid and picks herself up*

Narsil is one super-aweseme sword. The weapons vendor at my college's rennaisance festival had a full-size, full-weight replica of Narsil. And I was all in my rennaisance-y getup, so you've got this small girl with a really big sword in the middle of Tappan Square... way too cool.

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    LoL Congrats on that DWH. :)

Will, I do hope that you get a job soon.

Roseanna, I'm sorry to hear about your grandparent's dog. :( My Grandma had a dog too, and when she had to go into a nursing home, he went to live with my aunt. I don't know if he is still alive. :(

And congrats to your sister's friend! :)

As for my pet problems... I looked at Morgan eariler, and saw that he had a small patch of fur missing. I had noticed that he had had a scab a few days ago, but didn't know how bad it was. My mom told me to wash it with some Hydrogen Peroxide, so I did, and let him go. A few minutes later, he wanted out, and I saw that his head was wet. No, it was because I had cleaned the scab. We quickly took him into the vet, and he confirmed that Morgan was bit, but he won the fight, because he didn't have any other bites. He cleaned out the hole (yeah, there is a hole there, and that was gross...), and told us to put some neosporin when we got home (he didn't like that... [face_plain] I have to put more on him later.) The vet told us that if we hadn't found it today, it might have gotten really infected. (Resulting in possibly losing his ear.)

So please, please (for those who are religious) pray for Morgen that his ear gets better, and doesn't get infected.

I'm glad that he is laying over by me right now so I can keep an eye on him.

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks Skye and Cindy. :) Cindy, I wish your cute as hell cat a speedy recovery! :D

Will, I hope your job searching is coming along well. :)

Weird day here...huge power outage in Cambridge completely knocked out MIT. Since my dorm is removed from main campus I at least had power here, but no cable, email, or internet for several hours. It reminded me of the blackout over the summer because it was so bizarre. :p

Roseanna's common sense lesson of the day: if using one scissors blade as a cutting tool, do not hold onto the rest of the apparatus by the other blade. Yeah, I knew that was a bad idea beforehand, and I didn't do it intentionally...I guess I wasn't paying any attention. Ouchie.

10. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I hope that your cute little furball gets better soon, Cindy!

11. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    * kisses Roseannas' hand and puts a bandage on it.*

You gotta be more careful with those sweetie [face_love]

12. skyedancer

Sep 26, 2002
    Cindy, I hope Morgan gets better very soon. How's it going with you? Does anybody know if Will found a job?

13. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Thanks again for the kind wishes...as of tonight I have 2 interviews, one with a Golden Corral opening up soon (awesome food there), and another with a really cool aquarium store called Aquarium Adventure. I also have an interview tomorrow morning with a window factory, I'd be doing warehouse work. Something's gotta give this week!

(one downfall if I get hired at Golden Corral - they want me to shave my goatee off!!! I mean, I was eventually gonna shave it off, but for Rite of Passage's sake, I've kept wearing it. But alas, getting a job comes first.)

14. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    :D :D DRINKS FOR ALL!!!!! :D :D

I GOT A JOB!!! As of today I've gotten hired with a place called Stanek Windows in Cuyahoga Heights. I'll be doing warehouse work involving making custom windows, should be interesting. I got interviewed this morning, got the call back within 2 hours, and they want me to start tomorrow! First shift only, M-F WEEKENDS OFF!!! It's just awesome.

Also, on my way to the interview this morning, I technically should not have made it to the interview at all. I was driving along I-480E towards I-77N and traffic was backed up, so everyone was driving at a crawl. Then as I got closer to I-77N, the pace started picking up, so I accelerated somewhat. Not paying attention, I was noticing the car to the left of me slamming its brakes as it had not paid attention to the cars in front of him stopping abruptly. At the same time, something told me to pay better attention and as I looked forward, I saw I was doing like 40 towards stopped vehicles that were no more than 15 feet in front of me. Needless to say, I slammed on my brakes so hard, you could hear the squealing and see tons of smoke from the tires...I couldn't stop head on because I would have hit the van in front of me for sure. Without thinking, I swerved into the right lane, with no time to look to see if anyone was behind me (it was incredibly packed by the way). I was basically powersliding to the right while braking. How I did not hit that van, I don't know. I must have been within less than one inch of hitting it, not exaggerating. And as for swerving into the right lane, how nobody was behind me was astonishing. I was expecting for someone to plow into my back end. After this happened, I immediately pulled to the side shoulder to cool off, the guy in the van pulled over too along with someone behind me to make sure everything was alright. I'm not accident prone like this, but I know one thing - I should have been in a wreck. Call it God, call it the Force, all I know is someone was watching over me today, and made sure I got that job lol. It's been quite an interesting day to say the least!

15. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Congrats on the job, Will! :D
    And praise God for your safety. :)

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Congrats Will! And I'm glad you're ok. :)

17. skyedancer

Sep 26, 2002
    Congratulations, Will, on your new job! And glad to hear you are OK! That was a near miss! Remember: "Be careful out there!" :D Thanks for the drink!

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Awesome news, Will.

I could use about 10 drinks myself. I have finals approaching... and while that won't be so bad (I have Spanish, Physics, Principles of Biology 3, and the POB3 Lab), the Principles of Biology 3 test is primarily a sit-down take your test normal final, but it also has a take-home portion to it. This take home consists of 2 questions. In the first, I have to write a paper in under 5 pages explaining why evolution exists. In the second, I have to construct a huge cladogram (tree of life diagram that branches off into various organisms that should be grouped together) based on all of the phyla we covered. I have to branch it into domains, kingdoms, then phyla... writing a description of each domain, kingdom, or phylum using diagnostic characteristics. And both of the questions are only worth 40 points each for a grand total of 80 points. [sarcasm] I'm sure glad I'm getting to enjoy my last week as a senior. [/sarcasm]

:_|

19. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Get me a butterbeer, firewhisky, blue milk, anything... I'm taking all of my finals tomorrow... starting at noon. That is Intro to Archaeology. Thank GOD he gave us all the essay qquestions and we can use our notes. Then I have to turn in my Newswriting Final (gotta remember to print that one off too), and then go and take my Mass Communications test on the computer.

Oh joy.

Oh, congrats Will on getting the job, and God was looking after you today. :)

20. skyedancer

Sep 26, 2002
    **Brings drinks for Eric and Cindy.**
    [face_shocked] Wow! Glad I'm done with college!
    Good luck on your OWL's (or is it NEWT's?) Sorry, a Harry Potter joke that Cindy will get. ;)

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Good luck with finals guys, and with the new job Will. I just found out today that I didn't get funding for summer research, so now I have to find a part-time summer job in Boston. I'll be researching but on a volunteer basis. This is such a bad time to be looking for a job for so many reasons...I think MIT wants me to leave. :(

22. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Hand a few drinks over in my direction, too. :p

Finals begin in 1.5 weeks, and the teachers are grinding down. And my friends opened in Fantasticks last night, so tomorrow I have to go see them. And I had a test that went decently well, considering I felt very ill-prepared for it...

Two papers, two tests, and a computer science lab stand between me and SUMMER!!

Now excuse me while I collapse from exhaustion.

23. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    *dances like Snoopy*

I'm done with finals! Whee! No more school for me until fall! Now it's time for me to find a job. :_|

Good luck with others who have their finals still to come!

And thanks to Roseanna, Kim, and skye for wishing Morgan to get well... He's a lot better. His ear is healing. But he is acting weird when he is outside, he just lays around. (eh, but he is nearly 14... and it has been warm for the past 2 days too) He's been throwing up the past 2 days, I think it's because of the medicine. He's had it for almost a week now.

Roseanna, I hope that your hand is better. (and stupid you! :p)

Skye, I'll get to your PM later... haven't had time, nor have I been getting on that much lately.

I'm watching Harry Potter that was on tonight on ABC. I had to tape it because I was out, plus I watched Survivor when I got home. And I don't want to go to bed, because I want to see the new stuff on the next movie. :)

24. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Roseanna, I hope that your hand is better. (and stupid you!)

Hey! Only I'm allowed to call myself stupid! :p

Despite the fact that I'm taking an incomplete in one of my classes, likely failing a couple of others, and still have 3 finals to take next week, I'm doing pretty well. There have been some really positive changes in my life recently - if you're curious, ask. :)

Good luck to anyone who still has finals. If you don't have finals, well...you suck. :p ;)

25. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I finished my cladogram on Friday, wrote my essay Saturday night, typed it up yesterday, then studied and took my Principles of Biology Lecture and Lab finals... so I got 2 out of 4 down... Physics on Wednesday, Spanish 202 on Friday. Neither of these are in my major, so I really don't even care how I do. (Although I am going to study somewhat)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.