main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Season 2 Retrospective Thread (np: S02E20-22 The Boba Fett Trilogy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    My main gripes with the Boba Fett Trilogy is the way the first episode progresses so slowly and wasted precious time.

I'm just quoting what I wrote back then:

-The Jedi Fortune Cookie "Who my father was matters less than my memory of him." is great, but Boba's father is never really addressed in this episode. I wish he would have used his father's helmet as the explosive device the first time around. It seems like an afterthought to use it in Episode 21 now, because the mini explosive in the first episode didn't work. If the Clone youth brigade had carried backpacks similar to TPM's Anakin, he could have snuck the helmet in.
    It would have made for a more exciting episode if the following had happened:
    Boba plants the helmet on the ground near the door inside of Mace's quarter. That way, when Mace steps into his quarter, as the lights go on, he would accidentally kick the helmet over, it would activate the bomb and the last thing he'd see the millisecond before his death would be Jango's helmet. Also, instead of having Anakin send a Clone for Mace, have it be Anakin. Anakin could be the one to force pull Mace out at the last second. The whole scene from the moment Mace kicks over the helmet in front of his feet would be played out in slow-motion. Even the quarter's lights would just start to activate themselves, flickering in slow-motion, causing the screen go dark a couple of times as the whole thing plays out. The bomb goes off, both are wounded and unconscious and put on the medical bay under heavy guard. Boba finds out about it, knowing he can't infiltrate the medical bay, he ask Aurra for instructions on his next move. She orders him to the generator complex to sabotage the door mechanisms on the medical bay, preventing anyone from getting out and then proceeds to blow up the navigation like in the episode, causing the ship to steer off course towards the planet. He escapes with the other Clone cadets in an escape pod and gets picked up by Slave 1. They then fly to the crash site to finish the job.

And the fact the dialogue exchange between Boba and Mace had to be cut due to timing reasons ending up incredible lackluster was quite a head scratcher when they leave that pointless Coruscant lower levels customs booths scene in.

Anyway, Lethal Trackdown was amazing. From the Coruscant Night Club to the Hondo scenes, it had many memorable moments. One of the highlights of Season 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.