main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Season 2 Retrospective Thread (np: S02E20-22 The Boba Fett Trilogy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlameSquad

FlameSquad Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2010
    I agree, there were SOME parts that could've been better. The parts I liked was the clone battles. Being in zero-gravity trying to avoid blaster fire and avoiding shooting the turret shells. I was glad trooper Denal was back, because it was good to see the same 501st clones in there. Overall, this was probably my fourth favorite episode.

2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    It lead in pretty well to Children of the Force. Children of the Force, well we'll discuss that when it's on topic.

3. FlameSquad

Jul 29, 2010
    Anyways, Cargo of Doom explains its self. It makes a good connection with the previous episode, but then again, this episode needed some new casualties. Things to change are the AT-TEs, instead of walking how about some fighting, showing Bolla Ropal fighting on the planet, and showing Bolla Ropal's clones come rescue him. We only see the clones when Anakin looks at a hologram of the one who reports from Devaron.

4. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    They probably could have broken it up into two episodes. Then they could have added a little extra battle scenes and what not.

5. FlameSquad

Jul 29, 2010
    Well, I don't have anything else to say about Cargo of Doom, except it was OKAY but we could've seen better. I hope we can then change the subject to Children of the Force.

6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The one thing that irks me is the inconsistencies between the ending of Cargo of Doom and the beginning of Children of the Force. Different things are happeneing in the Star Destroyer in each of the episodes.

Maybe they'll fix that for the DVD release. I would be really impressed of they did.

7. FlameSquad

Jul 29, 2010
    I know, right? That was productively added and not totally searched through. At the end of Cargo of Doom, it shows Anakin getting out and talking to Yularen and in Children of the Force it shows Anakin and Ahsoka stepping out of the shuttle with Rex and his men in and no Yularen. They should really look closely at those sequences because it makes the episodes obligated.

8. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    You know, I never noticed that until now. Yeah, that is a bit of a inconsistincy, right.

9. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    For some reason it just drives me crazy when I watch them back-to-back! :oops:

10. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I don't blame yah.;)

I think we've pretty much covered Cargo of Doom. Should we move to Children of the Force, or wait until later. I'm cool either way.

11. Commander_Stone

Commander_Stone Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2010
    I don't know. It is up to Garth_Maul. I, as well, think it is yet awkward to put those things siboliquley together. Cargo of Doom: Anakin coming out of the shuttle and talking to Yularen.
    Children of the Force: Anakin doesn't step out as the shuttle lands.

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Let Garth or Gry decide that. But yeah, we covered every part. :p

13. Commander_Stone

Jul 29, 2010
    One last thing for Cargo of Doom. It the previous episode, they were after a holocron. Now there are after the Kyber Crystal? I guess it was just connected. So yeah, Cargo of Doom wasn't the best episode of the season. it was sad, I expecred more action since this is the second season of a brillant new season.

14. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    No action?! What episode were you watching?

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I think he meant that he wanted more action than there was.

16. Commander_Stone

Jul 29, 2010
    Yeah, that's what I meant to say. There was some action.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Wow, there's a Multiplicity of cadbanerules socks, how fun! at least the conversation keeps moving!

Guys - feel free to switch to the next episode on the next day - my brother is getting married tomorrow and Gry is often busy, so we'll try to edit the thread title when we can.

Children of the Force

Felt very Star Wars-y to me, I guess in both the good and bad ways. Some stuff like Sidious' creepy hologram interaction with the babies and the Anakin/Mace/Obi-Wan mind trick were awesome, some stuff was a little awkward.

For once, I liked the nod to the OT with Yularen's "No, shut them ALL down!".

The fuel computer trick to find Mustafar was also pretty clever.

18. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Congratulations to you and your brother Garth.=D= Have fun at the ceremony. But not too much fun.;)

Now, Children of the Force........
    Cad Bane disguised as a clone trooper, I saw it coming but it was still pretty cool.
    The story was fairly decent, but as GG touched on earlier in the forum, there were a few too many planets. I liked the three-way mind trick scene. And the Mustafar trick was indeed clever. But most of all Cad Bane's escape was my favourite part. And the scene when Mace gets his lightsaber just before the airlock close. cliche, yes, but still pretty cool.

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    In order:
    1. Cargo of Dooom
    2. Holocron Hesit
    3. Children of the Force

This was not a good episode. One of the many flaws was the constant planet hopping. Mustafar was not needed at all; they went in, apparently holograms have Force auras and found the younglings, and left. Basically this episode was mainly a filler to show what they could do visually. The whole finding the holocron story wrapped up pretty quick and wasn't as much of a significance as I hoped for. Stealing younglings for Sidious was an interesting idea, but it didn't really pay off. The only part that I enjoyed was Obi-Wan, Mace and Bane going to his place in an asteroid field. It's always good to see Cody, too. Mace acted not very Mace Windu-like, though, especially when he blindly stepped into Bane's trap. That continuity error in the beginning of the episode was sort of painful to watch. It doesn't connect with the ending of Cargo of Doom, and they (I don't think) haven't addressed that flaw yet.

20. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Holocron Heist was all right, though I don't think the strongest way to start the season. While I liked the sneakier, more tense story, it also made the Jedi Temple security seem a lot more lax than I would expect. Then again, this is the place that allowed an entire clone army to walk in because Anakin was leading them, so maybe I shouldn't be surpried.

I don't think I'll ever understand why that fight, even explained by the show's runner in the episode commentary, causes so much consternation.

Cargo of Doom was my favorite of the Bane trilogy. The surprising darkness of the Rodian Jedi's execution, that cargo bay fight, Bane getting several great moments and outwitting Anakin, the AT-TEs, even small things like Rex smacking his head, which actually made me chuckle.

Star Wars technology. It does wonders.

Children of the Force has its ups and downs. Sidious' hologram is great and that Jedi mind probe is a bit disturbing. I wasn't keen on going to Mustafar, though. I think that should have been saved for the movie.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    We don't know that either. That's why it's called speculation.

As for Children of the Force, I agree with you. An unnecessary filler episode. At least the children story.

22. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Children of the Force was a good but flawed episode. I think they tried to cram too much into the episode and so it felt rushed and some scenes that could have been good didn't really resonate. The highlight was Bane's interrogation, a surprisingly disturbing scene. Towards the end things got clunkier, Bane's trap at the space statsion was a little silly and the fight against the robo-nannies was incredibly awkward. Even though it would have screwed a little bit with the timeline, I would have absolutely LOVED if a robo-nanny had escaped in the end with a little red-headed human girl...

23. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    This is without a dout my favorite TCW episode. It feels so much like Star Wars in every way, and it is chock full of amazing scenes. And seeing Palpatine be so evil was the icing on the cake! I give it 10/10 stars!

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Err, yeah we do know the size of the AT-TE. :p

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    But we don't know if it is a huge stretch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.