main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Terra Nova] That Spielberg TV show with people Time-Travelling back to the Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    That's only part of it.

Let's throw in the mom there for a second too: "Oh she can have Josh's room."

Yeah let's do that. Evict him out of his room for some stranger without so much as a please. That'll help mend their relationship.

So yes, Josh is an idiot teenager, or otherwise known as, a teenager. It's up to him to not be stupid and start being part of the family, but the mom and dad can at least TRY not to make their relationship with him worse. Because they're being idiot parents.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I didn't think there was any tension between the mom and Josh? And we really haven't seen that much tension between Josh and the father since the pilot (it's bound to come back, but it's not there in the last three episodes).

3. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Last night's episode:

Josh: "What? Mrs Overachiever only slightly achieved today?"
    Dad: "Josh, stop talking."

I get it that the writers are trying to get Josh to fall into the sway of the Sixer Informants, but it's really obvious with the way the family is.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Vivec, I owe you an apology because I forgot Terra Nova was even on last night, so I had no idea what was going on with the mom.

Sorry, dude.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Josh and Jim are clearly supposed to have a stern-but-loving-Dad/rebellious-teenager relationship, except that Josh isn't really very rebellious. I suppose that the writers may be setting things up so that the Sixers can turn Josh against his family, which could be interesting, but right now I feel like they simply have no idea what to do with his charcter.

6. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    And I owe you an apology for accidentally spoiling you. :p

7. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Not a problem. Completely forgetting the show was on tells you how captivated by it I am.

8. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    It bodes well for its future.

9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    If they could just have not as many annoying characters.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Josh was teasing his sister after her hard day. That's a very normal reaction from a parent, to tell their teenage kid to knock it off or shut up when they're picking a fight with a sibling. If that's going to turn Josh "to the dark side" then he's way too sensitive.

I agree Josh will probably have to choose between his family and the Sixers by the end of the season, but I didn't see any of that building up in this episode.

11. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    [image=http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg]

12. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I don't understand why they think they can 'save' the future from that far back in the past, either.

They'll probably end up making a direct ancestor of mammals/primates/homo sapiens sapiens extinct and then where will we be?

13. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It created a new timeline, like in the new Star Trek movie.

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If "Terra Nova" gets re-newed I'll be very surprised, although "V" got two seasons, so this show may also last two.

Is it weird that I still miss "Flash Forward"?

15. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    I'm beginning to think people don't actually understand the premise of this show. They're not trying to change the present by being in the past, they're starting a new colony on a parallel earth with dinosaurs.

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    From the first episode or two that I watched with the hieroglyphs in the restricted zone that no one seems to understand save for the son related to the head guy that is dead or missing or something...I think they are eventually going to reveal the future CAN be changed from the past and that's what the "Six group" or whatever it's called is trying to do.

Reminds me too much of the "5th Column" from "V".

17. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    Apparently ratings are up this week, so its pretty much holding steady. Crappy or not, this show might get a chance to develop.

On the other hand, there's no new Terra Nova next week because of the World Series, so two weeks from now maybe no one will tune back in.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Guess that kid really loves his girlfriend, because he didn't hesitate to sell his soul to someone he's never even met.

Why was the oldest daughter crying when the guy was banished? What the hell was that?

Another forgettable episode.

It's amazing how uninterested they are in their own premise. They only seem to be interested in pulling mysterious intrigue out of thin air, but I don't find it at all intriguing because they've given me no reason to care.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    This episode wasn't as good as the last one, but it wasn't bad. And even though the son did "sell his soul," at least he explained how he's doing it because 2149 is such a horrible and hopeless time. But yeah, I'm guessing he'll be asked to kill Commander Taylor by the end.

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    The whole series feels so lame and dumb now.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    That was a really, really good episode!

So much going on.

And the Spinosaurus! :eek:

I'm definitely buying the theory that Taylor's son is trying to figure out how to reverse the portal.

22. alt0233

alt0233 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    Was the nurse really called Nurse Ogawa? Because if so, that was awesome.

23. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I could believe that, or perhaps the Sixers are trying to open a portal of their own.

24. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    The end scene made it seem like perhaps the black lady doesn't actually know what's going on, and just knows SOMETHING is going on. Thus when she was talking to the dad she was half bluffing when she was being intentionally vague.

Yup, that's my unlikely theory stretching to make the show less absurd.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I thought a meteor crashing so close surely would have had more serious effects.

Was anyone else disappointed that the big dino didn't do anything? It was all like "rarrrrr" and then they shot two arrows, started a fire and the dino just disappeared. They could have had it tear some **** up first. Lol at it being herded by about 10 humans wielding torches. Like it wouldn't rip them to pieces, being the predator it is.

The power went out, yet nothing really happened. Okay, they stole a box, and none of the guards tried to stop them. Taylor appeared suitably badass.

They made a huge mistake in making Terra Nova way too safe, way too casual. People just go walking around the jungles like it's no big deal. Life just seems way too easy. Where's the manual labor? Where are they getting food and water?

The oldest daughter's boyfriend is so jacked it makes me think he's like at least 21, which makes it weird for him to be with a 16 year old. They never fail to show off muscles in this show so I thought the guy was gonna tackle a dino and beat it up or something. Instead, they hid in a tree. Oh yeah, and they ditched another vehicle, how many is that now?

Why is the bar owner such a jerk? I don't see the point in being so selfish when there's not much to gain. What is he going to get by holding out?

Why are people even messing with Terra Nova? I thought this was humanity's last chance? Oh wait, not everything is as it seems.

The episode was entertaining enough to get me to tune in next week.