main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL TFF member in Orlando

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by GrandAdmiral_Frank, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Hello everyone my name is Frank and I've been fortunate enough to come here to Orlando via my girlfriend winning a contest at her work so I'll be in town for a couple of more days. We arrived in town Wednesday afternoon and we are staying at the Disney Resort hotel called Swan and Dolphin. Today we are going to see the Hollywood Studios Park and it's exciting for me because I have never been on Star Tours or the Indiana Jones ride. Anyways I'm from Tucson and I just wanted to say that this place is beautiful and even the littlest most bland thing like waiting on a bus is good because it's such a different place. In Tucson we have heat that's all dry, here it's got the humidity and the what seems like scheduled rain periods but I love it. You all take care and May the Force be with you. I'll have to post the Star Tours reaction.

2. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I went on Star Tours today in the Disney Hollywood Studios and the ride itself was okay. However what really did it for me was the general atmoshpere of Star Wars. I loved it. It was the closest to Star Wars I felt since Celebration III. There was Darth Vader and Stormtroopers and Jedi Padawan instructors. There was a replica of the Ewok Village and a decent size AT-AT Walker. The gift shop was a Tatooine themed shop and the cashier even knew a lot of Star Wars info. It's been a good trip so far and you all take care. May the Force be with you.

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Sorry for the belated reply. Hope the rest of your trip went well.

Star Tours is great to have a round- the pre-show is as good or better than the dated ride film- but it's totally ready for a revamp. This month's Star Wars Insider has a great feature on all the Star Tours rides. It's fascinating to compare our version to the ones in Paris, Tokyo, and Anaheim. Each one is a little different, so each one makes a great tripstop.

If you're a collector I hope you got to stop at Downtown Disney's Once Upon a Toy. It's Disney's exclusive Hasbro store and it often has other store exclusives right there. The prices, unfortunately, also include Disney's higher price tag, but it can be a great place to hunt down hard-to-find figures and other items. And right across from OUaT is Pin Traders that alsways stocks 20-30 different Star Wars pin designs exclusive to Disney. Great stuff.

Hope you're able to swing through again someday, Frank! -Campbell

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, Star Tours needs a major overhaul. Box-on-a-stick technology has greatly improved in the past decade or so. It's sad when Jimmy Neutron is more fun than Star Wars! :eek:

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Lucasfilm thought so too. There's an in-depth article in this month's Insider about Star Tours. I've been to the ones in Orlando and Burbank- now I want to see the ones in Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. ...if only each one had a distinct movie...

6. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Are you saying Lucasfilm knows Star Tours has seen better days? Are they planning an upgrade?

7. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    The article indicates that it's Disney's decision and that Lucasfilm always thought it would be upgraded periodically. 21 years and counting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.