main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF Roadie to PHX

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey guys, this is not set in stone, but jen from the Dune sea Garrison just responded to one of my posts saying we are doing some awesome work, and she was thinking about hitting us up for an annual childrens walk, here is her post

You guys are doing awesome work down there. Keep it up.

We may hit you guys up in January to do a roadie up here. We're doing part of the P.F. Chang's Walk/Run up here on . . . January 15th, which is a Sunday. A group from the Phoenix Children's Hospital is doing just the first mile of the walk, and we're going to do it with them. Thank God I got new Timberland boots for my Mara Jade. Anyway, with it being on a weekend, maybe you guys can come up and troop it with us?

Please apologize for me to the crew . . . I got a call about Bill's availability for helping with armor in time for Halloween, but I was in and out of town almost constantly throughout late September and October, and organizing that was one of the things that slipped through the cracks. Now that I'm working, Mommying, co-leading a Brownie troop, and 501st-ing all at the same time, I'm pretty much insane most days. The guys will tell you it wasn't too far a trip. :)

On the Chang's thing, it's early on that Sunday. If anyone wanted to come up Saturday night and have a few drinks and crash at my place, they'd be welcome.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    that is awesome.. count us in.. and I like that she mentioned why she never got back with us from my phone call.. makes me feel much better. Yes.. most definitely Yes.. we want to do this.

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I think I can do it, We (Two Suns) are getting quite busy as of late.

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I also volunteered, BUT I might noot go as Vader. Remeber when they referred tot he new Rubies costume as a Garbage Costume at the dinner? I dont want to embarrass them but I did voluteer it becuase I know I can go alot longer in it than a real leather and fiberglass suit, remember old Uruk-hai could only do 10-15 minute stints at a time

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Jake and I might ask to hook up with someone to ride over with.. as we don't have any tags on the car.. and even if we do have tags.. I don't think driving over with the car in the shape it is in will help matters at all... and even though this is january.. still don't think we will have the $500 needed by then to get the car fixed.. though I hope I am wrong..

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I am in also...hopefully I will have the full amount for the "clone armor" and start to modify it to Repub Mando armor.

7. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Are they really asking the Wookiee to walk a mile? Looks like I'd better get off of my lard buttocks and get into shape!
    That, and maybe... SHORTER "FEET"!!!!

8. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    What good is an "exact replica" suit of Vader, or any other full-body costume, if you can only wear it for ten minutes every half-hour(because you need the other twenty minutes to recuperate enough to wear the suit for another ten minutes)? PRACTICALITY has got to play a part in the design of any costume.
    We sweat like pigs in full body outfits, but in my "imperfect" wookiee suit I still have access to water. Frankie can always take off his helmet(Jango did, so did the clone troopers), and slug back some H2O. Dustin and Damien, you guys could probably rig a "camelback" water "bottle" under your hoods and cloaks.
    Then again, this is going to be in JANUARY and in the MORNING, and I'll wager none of us will be REQUIRED to walk the mile with the others, so as long as we (MEMO to self; Jack, remember Saturday night at the zoo!!) start the morning well-hydrated, we should all be fine.
    I'll have a water bottle with me 'cause I do want to walk that mile...
    Then again, I'm an idiot...

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Good old Uruk-hai :D

I'll put it on the calendar. I might wear my Empress costume because it is warmer and if we are having colder weather [face_praying] I'd love a chance to wear it.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    bring water no matter what.. getting excited thinking about being with the Garrison again!!!

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah right Damien, we all really know the real reason you cant wait to be forced on your knees by the femtrooper again!

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Hahahaha... well, yea.

[face_shhh]

13. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Upping this!

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I am still in! I can take a vehicle that will fit four plus gear! 5 with damien in the middle ;-)

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    kewl.. glad for the reminder.

16. DarthTwiztid

DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2005
    empress costume? =P~

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    wouldn't a padme costume be awesome.. too bad I can't wear one!!! I could get some good laughs for the group.. on the other hand.. I am thinking the ROTS padme costumes are good for me.. as I can pretend I am pregnant. [face_laugh]

18. DarthTwiztid

DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2005
    no slave leia outfits? lol

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Jen did make it specific that they wanted Jedi cause the DSG has no light side! I think it would be awesome if we showed up and blew away the PFF, make think "when did Tucson get an awesome FF?"

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    G
    ood! Last time I rode up outside on the luggage rack and it took me FOREVER to get those bugs outta my teeth

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    you know.. I find myself laughing.. even when I know I shouldn't.. umm.. I think if you put me in the truck.. your gonna lose some space for an extra soul. However.. I will have to ride with someone as the car will still not be ready.... not sure what will be happening with my taxes..and that depends on whether or not I can afford to have the car fixed in time.

I am just excited and hoping I get to wear my whole costume for this one!!

22. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I will probably bring my Dark Jedi costume. I will most definitley have my Saber from our friend in the 520 by then...maybe a purple blade..or just red..hmmmmm If I can, I will put together a light side Jedi, in which case I can get a green, blue, or other colored blade.

23. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I can haul somebody in my truck, and I have the technology to haul items in the truck bed and insure that they won't fly out. Unless the truck should become airborne, at which point the condition of your costumes would be the least of my worries.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we need to decide where we are going to meet for this trip and at what time.. has to be early in the morning.. or go over the night before. The start time for this event is 6am that morning. and it is only one mile of the walk.. however long the walk is.. the DSG site says that it is for the last mile.

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    incidentally.. I still have not ever been able to register on this forum.. I have sent more requests to the DSG hoping for some help.. I have been trying to post on this forum since summer and no luck at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.