main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Thanks to all who helped out with Make A Wish...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    I hope this doesn't goof up anyone's plans; particularly Wendy's. I was planning on going as Princess Leia, but I didn't see any hope in getting my costume made on time and I called Costume Corner to reserve the costume a little too late. It turned out someone already reserved it for Saturday for someone else to wear so I have reserved the Episode I Queen Amidala costume. I figured at least it would add a little variety since I haven't seen anyone ever wear that. Then, since it isn't my costume of choice I can go back to what I prefer (God willing and opportunity permitting) when the next event comes around. I am looking very forward to this, I assure you. And Dodge, definitely come. It wouldn't be the same without you!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

2. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I am posting this on more than one thread: Someone rented the Princess Leia costume at Costume Corner (the reason I reserved the Queen Padme one), and the lady said the Princess Leia had not been picked up yet. I just got back from picking up mine, and I just want to make sure that person knows Costume Corner is open tomorrow from 9am - 2pm. Hope it works out. I just barely remembered mine the last hour it was open today, myself :oops: .

Lavenderrose73 @};-

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Meet at the Burger King at Protho Junction at 11am. If you are wanting to come, come on and join us.

See you tomorrow.

4. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    Adam and I will meet you guys at shotgun dans cause we don't know our way around little rock but we will be there

5. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that we both had a WONDERFUL time and enjoyed meeting all of you! We've gotta plan more stuff together! :)

6. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    yeah i had a great time henry be careful with that helmet if it get's hurt i will cry :(

7. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Since I have a very special place in my heart for the Make A Wish Foundation and would like to thank

Gordon,
    Henry
    Julia
    Jacob
    Jason
    Denise
    Adam
    Tre'
    Tracy
    James
    Sara
    Barbara
    and
    the other families and friends of costumers who came out for
    moral support and helped out.

For making today very memorable and special for a family that needs our prayers and thoughts.
    We gave a little boy who is very sick a very special day. And when it comes down to it, that
    is what is important in life. Thanks again
    Bacon

8. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    you forgot sara :p

Can't wait for the next thing :)

9. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I'm glad it went well out there, everybody. Sorry I couldn't make it, I would've really rather have been there than in this bed....I'll be at the next event barring any more sidetracks.

10. Doran_Krotan

Doran_Krotan Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2006
    I would also like to thank everyone who participated today. I registered on the forums just to say that. Brennen had such a great time, even though he was acting shy. After everyone left he wouldn't stop talking about Star Wars! It really made his day. I know that when he goes down to San Antonio for his operation he will enjoy being able to bring a picture of him and Darth Vader together.

Thanks again everyone. You are the greatest!

Bryan Doran and family

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/bryanedoran/duel.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/bryanedoran/forcegang.jpg

11. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    We were really happy that we could make his day special, our thoughts and prayers are with your family, always. We all will be thinking of you and praying that everything goes well with Brennen's surgery in May. May The Force Be With You.

12. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    I personnally want to thank everyone that could make it for being there. I want to also thank Make A Wish for having us.:_| :_| :_| (check this once but Troopers dont tear up) Im proud of all of you. This is what we ( ArkanSith Galactic Renegades, 327th Star Corp, Grand Army of the Republic) here in Arkansas are all about. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Please don't worry, Doran_Krotan. I didn't take Brennen's shyness personally. I still have memories of my very early childhood, as far back as 3 years old, so I know an event like Saturday is a lot for a small child to take in, even if he/she does love the situation. I knew that if the ecstacy of meeting Star Wars characters was suppressed by shyness at the time being, it would surely catch up with him. I'm so very glad we were able to bless him for one day. :)

Lavenderrose73
    (Barbara)

"Queen Amidala"

P.S. Thank you kindly for the pictures. I've saved them to file, and I'll send them to my sisters along with the ones I took with my phone camera.

14. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    Yes, don't forget, the helmet likes to be cuddled at night... don't get it wet and whatever you do, don't feed it after midnight!

15. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey, give him a break. He had to work pretty hard on his costume. I know I'd hate to have something happen to a piece I'd spent time and money on.

@};-

16. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    We're so glad y'all had a good experience. I certainly understand about the shyness. I have a 3 and 4 year old myself. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of that moment. We had a blast. Hope you have a good trip and that the surgery goes well also.

(I'm the jedi/sith that had fun with Brennen lightsaber dueling).

17. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    For those of you who don't go into the cantina much and don't have many pictures, here's a link you can go to town with: http://photoshow.comcast.net/mistyrose21. Something's wrong with the link or something, so if clicking on it doesn't work, copying/pasting or typing it in will. Enjoy!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

...by the way, you can look at them one by one by clicking Album, and there's a Download button on the bottom toward the left when viewing the Flash picture show in Album format.

18. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    awesome pics :)

19. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Glad you like them :) . Anyone can download pictures and invite others to do the same, but only I can order DVD's I didn't choose the music; it was just there I understand the music is in mp3 format, and if I'm not mistaken, I can't upload my own mp3's but I may be able to put my own in if I'm making my own video CD, which I'm seriously thinking about doing!. Just wait till C IV hits!!!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

20. Scotstrooper

Scotstrooper Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2006
    Hi! I too would just like to say thanks to everyone who was there on Saturday. You guys made Leslie and I feel very welcome and we both enjoyed it very much...was just a pity I had to head off for work! It was a real pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to attending many more events with you guys in the future.:)

Cheers for now,

Gordon.

21. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey, we're glad you could make it for a little while. :) Come join us when you two can.

Lavenderrose @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.