main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW That Haggis Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Ah, so New Line really is doomed. I can't see the logic in their actions then. Maybe they really do have a culture of laziness.

The Last Alliance would be a good framework for the second prequel. TBFMEII computer game proved that there is intrest in the actions of Elves and Dwarves that surround and predate LOTR proper.

On a mildly related aside, I hope someone eventually makes Neverwinter Nights into a film.

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Fantasticar looks awesome!

I really liked FF so Im looking forward to the sequal

3. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    i just found out that The Dresden files, one of my favouite book series, is coming to TV! Its being made by the US Sci Fi Channel!

http://www.scifi.com/dresden/index.html

An awesome book series, I hope the TV show does it justice!!!

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    If they don't get PJ then I think Adamson that is responsible for Shrek and Narnia films should take the job as he has worked with Weta and his knows how to handle these things (Judging from Narnia)

5. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    The list of directors who have worked with WETA, in varying scales, is very lengthy. I wouldn't base an assumption on that premise alone.

Ok, I've had an idea. instead of me telling you guys what I hear, I'll just start running odds on these rumours.

I've got 8 to 1 on the Narnia guy.
    3 to 2 on Either George Miller or Sam Raimi,
    10 to 1 on Uwe Bole,
    25 to 1 on Michael Bay.
    500 to 1 on George Lucas.

Not currently taking any bets on PJ.

6. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    10 to 1 is still pretty high for 'Dr' Uwe Bole

7. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    So how much are you betting? I can set up a Paypal or we can talk at the Xmas dinner.

8. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Pass, I dont want to spend any more money on anything tolkien-y. But to be honest, I would have thought Uwe Bole would be higher odds than Lucas, unless of course, we are talking about a film based on The Hobbit video game

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    * According to The Hollywood Reporter, Columbia Pictures has purchased the film rights to The Shadow, to be produced by Sam Raimi, Josh Donen and Michael Uslan. Siavash Farahani is writing the screenplay.

10. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
  11. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    ... and Michael Bay just kicked the crap out of all the nay-saying Transformer Geeks.

Trailer :)

12. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Keith Richards on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 can be seen here!

Also, they have announced some voice casting for the new turtles movie.
  13. Patrick Stewart will be voicing Max Winters, a tech industrialist who is amassing an army of monsters in the city.
  14. Zhang Ziyi voices the villain Karai, who leads an evil army known as the Foot Ninjas into battle against the turtle brothers.
  15. Chris Evans as Casey Jones (awesome character!)
  16. and finally, Sarah Michelle Gellar is April O Neal.

17. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Awesome casting news, I'm pleased with all of the choices. Bring on the heroes in a half-shell!

18. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Looks like a good movie, loved TMNT as a kid, was always stealing my brothers figures [face_mischief]

19. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer trailer has hit here in many sizes. Looks great and doesn't give a whole lot away! Check it out for on the big screen silver surfing :)

20. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    The Silver Surfer looks teh cool.

21. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Lucas has announced that Indy 4 will start filming next year, for a May 2008 release, with Spielberg & Ford both involved.

22. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    They are starting filming next year with a May release?

That's pretty quick. Giving themselves 5 months to do it all are they? :p

23. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Warning: Link may contain spoilers.

Loads of TMNT pics!

On a side note for those of you who watch/collect the new TMNT TV series, it seems we'll be getting Season 5 on DVD in Australia before Season 3 & Season 4. In the US Season 3 is 7 individually sold discs (translation = $$$, just like the first two seasons) and Season 4 a 2 disc set. Season 5 is going to be a 3 disc set, apparently due for release on March 7.

24. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Still no word on 3 and 4 here Paul?

If u decide to import em, let me know Ill get a set of each and we can go halves on shipping.

25. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    There are some great pictures from the new flick on that page! Great hints at continuity from the Live Action films as well!!
    I saw the teaser before Night at the Museum, and it was great to see an almost full house's reaction to the Teaser!

In other news

*Drum Roll*

INDIANA JONES 4 IS FINALLY HAPPENING

[image=http://www.paulvisco.org/tempreal/users/chosen_few/images/Real%20Indiana%20Jones.jpg]
    Ok, so we haven't got official word from Paramount, but after Lucas spilled the beans yesterday, The Hollywood Reporter is saying that the film will shoot in June 07 for a May 08 release. They have gone with David Koepp (Jurassic Park, War of the Worlds) script and everybody (Ford, Spielberg and Lucas, along with Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy!) are all back!

Hell Yes.

People proberly think this is a bad idea, but Im placing my faith in the 3 powers that be to make a great, fun film. Either way, we are getting a new Indy flick.

26. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    a remake of the original hellraiser film has been announced, playing pinhead will none other than doug bradley, as no one else i dont think could play him as best as he can. this is going to be awesome, but whats with all the horror remakes/ reimagings all of a sudden

27. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    If your a horror buff, Id imagine you know about Rob Zombie shooting a Halloween remake? Malcolm McDowell being casted as Dr Loomis, and Tyler Mane (Sabretooth in X-men) as the Shape.

Horror remakes all of a sudden? For as long as film has been around, there have been horror remakes!

28. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    If anyone's tuned into the never-ending saga of James Cameron's Avatar project, you've probably heard that Aussie actor Sam Worthington has been cast in the lead. Absolutely cannot wait to see it.

29. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    2009 is a bit of a wait for Avatar. Im still intrigued to how 'photorealistic' Camerons really is. But bring on another Jim Cameron Sci-fi flick, haven't had one in while...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.