main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The 2007 St. Louis Cardinals-Now With 87% More Kip!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm bored, and wanting to talk baseball, and since spring training is only six or so weeks away, I figured I'd start the 2007 discussion thread. Obviously, most of us are still in the afterglow of the World Championship, but yes, we'd like to do it again. However, it'll be tougher this year. The Cubs (yes, those Cubs) seriously reloaded in the offseason, picking up center fielder Alfonso Soriano, among others, and pitchers Ted Lilly and Jason Marquis (who I feel is due for a big year). While our signings have been solid, espicially Adam Kennedy who is a player I really think will flourish in St. Louis, they lack the oomph that other teams have made. Walt is famous for not making splashy moves, and this is totally within form. The main problem though is our starting rotation. As of this moment it would be:

1) C. Carpenter
    2) K. Wells
    3) A. Reyes
    4) A. Wainwright
    5) B. Looper

Yes that's right. BRADEN LOOPER. Obviously, this is not the best rotation ever fielded. Resigning Weaver and Mulder is still on the table, however neither looks too promising. But yes, we'll see where this all goes. I'd love to at least see our fourth straight Division Title this season, but it'll be tough.

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Cardinals Resign Mark Mulder to 2 Year Deal

I approve very much so. I'm a big believer in Mulder's ability and his potential to recapture his Oakland form. And if he's anywhere near that level, the price is a steal in today's market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.