main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Excellent. It's a plot we can pull up later on. I can always assign an old NPC to Emperor Fel, after all. ;)

2. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I actually do plan a 186 ABY for 2011, which is still looking for a name and would . . . so to say . . . complete the trilogy of Star Wars games loosely (again, very loosely but recognizable) based on legends. This time we won´t do any greeks, though. But look at another mythology . . .

And indeed Kiar and a Romar are meant to appear there, as is a Vong Jedi of Kiar´s line (who will be in training by the time we begin our epic, that will span several years) . . .

As I see people prefer to discuss current events, I don´t wonna bore you. If someone is interested in some minor deatils, though . . . I can tell about it.

3. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Well, we are in a certain low concerning activity, right now. In the midst of that, I wanted to say that I have an idea . . . it is just an idea . . . but it might, might work. Once I can commit to these boards again, I shall hear you opinion about it.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I also have something small in the works, which should come to fruition shortly. ;)

5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Any lifelines from 41 ABY? Or is it time for it´s funeral, actually?

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I was going to do a role call on that. Thoughts, everyone?

7. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    You mean if we would still play? Well, if everybody returns I´ll be there. But to be true, I would have to look up what my character´s name was and I am not so sure if I can still find the intensity I had back then . . . so anyway, I am fine. I must say.

But I would never leave a game unfinished, if everybody else wants to carry on. [face_batting]

8. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm out of boot camp, and I have plenty of time to Role Play. So what's up with the abyverse? :D

Evil.

9. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Oh, I am afraid we got few games these days. 129 ABy is up and running, but it has turned to a slow game mode. Otherwise we got some things in planning. Most of the community has been consumed by The Sins of the Saints I believe. ABYversers have a tendency to play there :p

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm at a loss of what to do with 129 ABY. Generally it's gone the same way as 41 ABY. I'm tempted to push 129 ABY for that 'final battle' I've mentioned to you, Sirak ;), and just leave the plotlines introduced into it for other games to pick up. 41 ABY is/was very close.

I'm thinking that small-scale RPGs are the best thing to do, nowadays. Because I maybe don't have the time/there aren't the players/I've lost the knack/there are too many games or something. So... disheartened, somewhat. :(

But I intend to throw something out, at some point, but Sith knows what.

11. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I think I'll redesign mine to fit a smaller crowd, what I had before really needed too many people.

Evil.

12. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I think all huge games needs constant working on them. Slow huge games just do not work. Something I realized some time ago and that made me doubt more than once the ability to have an "open limit" games ...

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    To be honest, games that focus on something that we already know is gonna happen (prequels, so to speak), tend not to be very successful, IMO. What I am saying, is that if 129 ABY provided a way to find out something I didn't know already, I probably would have continued to post, even though I've been ambushed by school.

14. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    People are different, I suppose. I actually struggle with the game, because of the things in it I thought/felt would NOT have happened. It makes playing a canon char so difficult. As he becomes an AU version of himself. And I did have a hard time writing that, I admit. Might be my lack of creativity, though.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    That is why I prefer creating my own characters, I don't have to worry about official versions and ABY versions. There is just, my version.

I've been trying to write a little on the side - something which is in a woeful state indeed - and channeling Karrde is a terrible brain wrecker. Part of the reason why I rarely if ever take up anothers mantle beyond the one's I make. If that makes any sense whatsoever, then I am not as tired as I feel.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't think it's an issue, myself. Kol needs to be more assertive, no doubt of that. He was too busy to be assertive in 128 ABY, and when he gets back to Coruscant he puts his foot down and sorts everything out. The only reason the Daala mark II situation happened at all, was because Kol was not around. It's not as if Kol handed the galaxy to a trio of mad Triumvr's because of a complicated situation; he was outflanked.

Luke handed the galaxy to Daala, it could be argued.

I think your characterisation is perfect.

17. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    They are shutting the Legacy comics down. I am speechless about that decision. Truly am.

So, we and our games might actually survive the comics themselves.

On the birhgt side, we´ll never get resolve to past plots (or future ones, hell they won´t truly resolve ANYTHING) so I think it is save and sound at least to accept the 128ABY games as canon from now on :p

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Sounds good to me! :cool:

19. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    The rescent developments have stirred old ghosts, it looks . . . and gave birth to an idea I find most intruiging. Expect more soon . . .

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Cool!

21. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    If it happens . . . really happens . . . you´ll be the first to know. Sinre. Now . . . pssssssst . . .

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Posted with Xan approval (oh, ages ago now, but with approval nonetheless)

Tales from the ABYverse

The ABYverse covers RPGs that run as far back as 200 BBY, referencing games and events as far back as 30,000 BBY, and as far forward as 600 ABY. The continuity is immense. But the sandbox does not make for easy playing. Many games find themselves dipping heavily into the past, be it a few decades earlier, or even a few millennia.

This thread is designed to enable players to knit together offshoot plotlines, dabble in backstories, and maybe even add a few pages to the overall story. The intention is to enable users and posters to go further than the main plotline may allow for, and to even throw together their own direction apart from the larger games such as 128 ABY and 129 ABY, or the more focused stories such as those set in 41 ABY and 133 ABY. If a player wanted to roleplay out a scene between their character and another in 145 ABY, but none of the current games covered that era, or play around with some ancestors set in 188 BBY which they couldn?t include in the main story too well? this is the place for you.

There will be no overall GM of the thread, just co-GMs, running their various sections and games. The thread belongs to the franchise, the body corporate, of which the leading directors could be said to be various ever-changing individuals. The administrator is the Executive Co-GM, which itself has his/her/its headquarters in the resource thread dedicated to the ABYverse.

A few important rules to the Tales thread.

1. The ToS still applies, no matter what.

2. The Executive Co-GM does not control the thread, their role is largely to administrate, and to make sure that issues and plotlines stay distinct. PM them to request an entry into the Tales thread. It is largely down to them as to whether the thread can take anymore weight.

3. An addition to the posting precedent, beyond the IC, TAG and other obvious pieces, is the year of your entry, or, where possible, a story tag. For example, a story/entry entitled ?Death Duel? should be referred to by each of the posters taking part in it, so as to avoid confusion.

4. While this thread will not obvious count towards the Co-GMs total of running games, it is advisable not to overtax yourselves, Co-GMs. The thread is designed to alleviate the desire to take a plot idea and turn it into a short-lived thread which doesn?t have the infrastructure to support it.

5. And most importantly; have fun.

This would be an individual thread, sitting on its lonesome and treated, for all intents and purposes, as the ABYverse game. It is not a replacement for existing games such as 129 ABY or 41 ABY, nor planned games, nor old games. But the 145 ABY episode convinced me that these smaller is better. 100 ABY, at one point, ended up with less than four players in it, which was a real difficulty because the plot had already expanded enough that 20 characters had plenty to do; it struggled to work. But a game designed for four players? That's a different thing altogether...

Thoughts? Issues? I shall be posting up the first thread, but hopefully it will be a concept which some of us will take advantage of. [face_peace]

23. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Great idea. :D

24. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Second the post above! :)

25. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Very Interesting. I can think of a few story lines now that could be tied up with something like this. Such as a certain Echani wanting a certain man dead whom has gone by many names dead. [face_skull]