main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Academy [I-5] - *The NEW Role Playing Forum (RPF) Adoption's Program*

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sith-I-5, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Alex Maccal, RPF Adoptions Academy Reception

?Welcome to the RPF Academy,? Fen gushed, then clasped his hands before him as he took in the armour. ?And nice beskar plates if I may say so, sir.?

Toshiko narrowed her eyes at the blonde-haired youth. "Alex Maccal, isn't it? Weren't you in our old training game? On Tatooine?"

Normally Alex would have been completely confused by not only the scene that he had walked into, but the fact that someone knew who he was. However since spending the last year on the desolate planet farthest from the bright center of the universe, normal tended to no longer be in his vocabulary.

Alex glanced around the room starting with the young Twi'lek who addressed him first, then to the duo who were just right of center, and finally the strange circular structure to his right. After his quick survey of the room he decided to respond, "Greetings. Yes, I am Alex, and yes I have spent the past year on Tatooine. But you seem to have me at a disadvantage, you know who I am, but I don't know any of you." Alex walked over to purpled skinned youth to his left and extended his hand towards him, "Thank you for the compliment, but it is simply duraplast plating. My father could not afford beskar, but it has suited me well. Are you expecting a sudden transfer to Hoth?" Looking at his heavy black cloak.

TAG: Tosh, Mitch, & Fen

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Fenlaka, Toshiko, Mitch, RPF Academy Reception

?Greetings. Yes, I am Alex, and yes I have spent the past year on Tatooine. But you seem to have me at a disadvantage, you know who I am, but I don't know any of you.?

Fenlaka pointed to his own chest. ?Oh, I?m Fenlaka Zula. I am a jedi padawan from the Galaxy at War series of games on the Roleplaying Forum. I?m mainly here to help with lightsabre demonstrations.? The boy patted the bronzed hilt of his lightsabre, proudly. ?In an emergency, I can man Reception, and welcome visitors.?

Alex came over and Fen shook the extended hand.

?Thank you for the compliment, but it is simply duraplast plating. My father could not afford beskar, but it has suited me well.?

Fen pointed over to the seated female, and the older twi?lek. ?That is Auntie Tosh and my Dad.?

The woman who had recognised Alex first, spoke up. ?Toshiko Sato. You can call me Tosh. I am the Receptionist and admin person for the Academy, and helped transfer records here, from the previous Academy venue, which is why I am familiar with your presence in the old training game.? She pointed up. ?And this is Mitch, our head of Security for the venue.?

?Are you expecting a sudden transfer to Hoth?? The visitor enquired, clearly referring to the big cloak over Fen?s chair.

?Oh yeah, heh-heh.? Fen chuckled, wondering how he should explain this. ?My partner on the lightsabre demos, kid named Harry Potter; he?s done a runner to Hogsmeade-?

?And, it's winter.? Mitch put in hurriedly, ?The operation to chase him is a new training game, which you may take part in as well, if you wish. While you decide when to tell us how we can help you.?

Tag: Alex, any visitors

3. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Alex, Reception Area

?My partner on the lightsabre demos, kid named Harry Potter; he?s done a runner to Hogsmeade-?

?And, it's winter.? Mitch put in hurriedly, ?The operation to chase him is a new training game, which you may take part in as well, if you wish. While you decide when to tell us how we can help you.?

Interesting, Alex thought to himself, I don't recall ever hearing of a system called Hogsmeade. Plus it is involved in another training mission with this crew... Could be exciting. He screwed up his face pondering what he had just been told. He wasn't quite sure how to answer them. The two tailheads look like spoon-benders, and this Receptionist's clothes look out of place as well. Something fishy is going on here.

"Hogsmeade you say? It's not a planet that I am familiar with. Who controls it?"

TAG: Fen, Tosh, & Mitch

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sith-I-5

I-5 looked back towards the barn, to see if the other players and characters had yet started to follow, and found that no-one had emerged.

?If I?d known it would just be the two of us, I would have recommended we saddle up that horse.? He said to Ktala.

A mournful howling echoed over the snow-covered land. Timber Wolves. Greeaatt...

Tag: Ktala, any on the Away Team

[b]IC: Fen, Mitch and Tosh[/b], RPF Academy

The two staff members, and the adolescent grew silent, gradually aware that Alex represented a new type of visitor.

They were geared for players and characters representing players, turning up for some sort of roleplaying guidance; or for characters being sent to explain something about the games that they were in.

This Maccal fellow seemed to be none of those. His demeanor seemed to be that of a wholly immersed character who was unaware of the Role Playing Forum as an entity.

Quite frankly, the three did not know what to do.

Before them, [b]Alex[/b] had screwed up his face in thought, until finally, he said, "[color=blue][i]Hogsmeade you say? It's not a planet that I am familiar with. Who controls it?[/i][/color]"

?[b]Hogsmeade is not a planet, but a small village. Near as we can gather, it resides within an unnamed magical dimension on a planet called Earth. Our target is the School of Wizardry, which shares the same dimension as this Hogsmeade place.[/b]?

?Would you like to sit down?? Fen asked, waving to the soft visitor perches which Alex would have to walk past the two grown-ups to get to.

[b]Tag: Alex Maccal[/b]

5. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Alex, Academy

?Hogsmeade is not a planet, but a small village. Near as we can gather, it resides within an unnamed magical dimension on a planet called Earth.?

Earth? Where have I heard that name before? Alex pulls out a small datapad and starts scrolling through a list of messages. He finds the one he was looking for and opens it up.

{To: The Crew
    {From: The Corporal
    {Subject: When Galaxies Collide
    {Message: Intercepted transmission from chanbill5390
    {{Date Coruscant-22 BBY-Five years after the launch of the Outbound Flight Project/First year of the Clone Wars.
    {{Earth-January 1, 2012 New Years Day
    {{
    {{IC: Jorus C'Baoth
    {{Outbound Flight, Main Vessel
    {{In Orbit Around Earth
    {{?
    {Team Assigned: Cuyan Team (Lex, Mack, & Cal)
    {Status: Locked

?Our target is the School of Wizardry, which shares the same dimension as this Hogsmeade place.?

?Would you like to sit down??

?No, thank you, I think better on my feet,? Alex paced back and forth, looking over the most recent transmission he received that directed him to the Academy, and tried to figure out his next move.

{To: Alex Maccal
    {From: The Corporal
    {Subject: Next Move
    {Message: Alex, please report the attached coordinates. The instructors at the Academy will take care of you.
    {Attachment: JumpCoordinates

I don?t know how much about our organization I want to reveal to this bunch, but if I tell them about the message they?ll probably want to see it. It was no secret that Alex was a member of the Bounty Hunter Guild, but very few people knew of his association with another group called ?The Crew?. They were a loosely organized cast of characters that worked for an unseen employer named ?The Corporal?.

The only things that Alex knew of his fellow Crew members were their names and titles. He was able to deduce that the majority of them were either current or former military members. They covered a wide spectrum skill sets from pilots to ground troops, bounty hunters to assassins, and soldiers to mercenaries. He even suspected that one of them was a Jetii on the run.

Generally The Corporal would send out a transmission to everyone in the Crew, but this last time he sent it only to Alex. On top of that, where was Alex going to go, his Dunelizard could only store one set of coordinates at a time. So right now he could only go between here and Tatooine. If he didn?t think they could be trusted here, he wouldn?t have sent me specifically to them.

Finally Alex stops in his tracks and looks over at the albino twi?lek, ?Earth isn?t in another dimension, it?s in another galaxy.? He swallowed, not being able to control the words that were coming out of his mouth. ?My handler, The Corporal, sent us a transmission he intercepted??

Before long Alex had explained everything he knew about Earth and The Crew to the Trio in the reception area. I hope The Corporal doesn?t kill me for this, but I couldn?t help myself.

TAG: Tosh, Mitch, Fen

(OOC: The Corporal = CPL_Macja (Me :D); The Crew = All of my PC?s, Past, Present, & Future); Transmissions / Missions = RP Opening Posts / RPs)

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: RPF Academy staff

Alex finished telling them everything he knew about Earth.

Fen, Mitch and Tosh stared silently back at him for, like, eight days, then the adolescent broke the silence.

?Oookay,? He leaned in towards the computer screen, checking alerts and activity from the Roleplaying Forum. ?there is that other training game, launched by S65horsey, on the RPF. [Training Game]: The Hunt for Warlord Sarkesy, and we have a new game launched by Rilwen Shadowflame, To The Victor Go The Spoils, which looks to be based around...? He hesitated, "How about if I just punch up her tagline?"

An inverted cone of green light projected holographic text above the counter, reading:

And now, on a far-off world, a call has gone out.

The call seeks the strong. The call seeks warriors, stragegists, gamblers and risk-takers. Any, in short, willing to take their chances. Bloodthirsty, reckless or desperate: it matters not.

The prize: one billion credits, and fame the likes of which to make the Galaxy marvel.

Who will answer the call?

Mitch nodded towards the holo'. ?Alex. You're a bounty hunter; that sound like your cup of chakroot??

Tag: Alex Maccal

7. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Hey Sithy. you asked ym a while ago and I just wanted to give a short update. I would be available as a "Mentor" these days. Not as much around as I used to be. But I think I could show any newbie around :D

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    =D=

Welcome aboard, Trieste and SirakRomar, as our first new generation of one-to-one mentors on the RPF Adoptions programme!

Thank you both!

:D

9. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    OOC: Yes, I am indeed a Mentor now and I have been paired with Jade_eyes for my very first Padawan. If I get a spare moment I may pop in here, mainly because you never know where Leonard T. Boscoe, prophet at large, might pop up. ;)

Glad to be part of the crew!

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Toshiko

Things had settled down at the Academy. Fen was 'happy' running Reception; Agent Nifesta doing odd jobs around the base; that Alex Maccal fellow had...dissipated.

Toshiko had come over all domestic, and was wondering around the aquatic facility with one of those furry things on sticks that you use for dusting. Oh yes, dusters.

She had reached the Coordinator's office on the second level, a good distance from Reception and the Lecture Hall, let herself in with a keycard, and was running the duster lightly over books, the coffee table, when she stopped, startled to see Sith-I-5 seated in his chair, hunched forward and reading a novel.

"How did the Harry Potter mission go?" She asked, recovering fast.

Sithy looked up, equally surprised. "Oh! Uh, my posse deteriorated, stopped posting, so I, uh, went to the bookshop." He held up the thick red paperback that was open on his desk. "Rot and Ruin, by Jonathan Maberry. Surprisingly good book." The coordinator sat back in his armchair, and smiled up at the ex-Torchwood operative. "Mint cream?" He pushed a small green package of crinkly, opaque plastic across the table.

"I see you have also been to Waitrose?" She pronounced the last syllable of the last word with a cute little uptick in shrillness, probably not the right term, which was part of what endeared her to him. Tosh tucked the duster under one arm, while plucking the shiny green wrapper from the pack. "Don't mind if I do."

Like a traditional confectionary, it had been twisted at both ends, and when she opened it, a thin skin of dark chocolate concealed a small circular cake of white mint-cream.

"Mm. Lovely." Toshiko cupped a hand almost over her mouth, as if afraid of dribbling the chocolate.

Sithy was pleased to see her enjoying the treat, and just smiled.

Tag: no-one

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    With no-one dropping by, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to write here.

Any roleplaying subjects, anyone wants covering?

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Players, when you are interacting with others, try to be a bit realistic about what your character can do and get away with before the others think about doing something about it.

My longtime bugbear, is leaving your opponent, and the planet in the space of one post, without giving others the chance to respond.

So as not to point any fingers, allow Inquisitor Nelf to demonstrate.

My Inquisitor and a jedi are dueling with lightsabres in a grassy meadow, populated by Shaaks, those big Naboo herbivore things.

The dark warrior's foot slips - oh no, he's stepped in a Shaak-pat! As he deactivates his weapon to stand on one foot to examine the sole of the other boot, that is a perfect opportunity for the jedi to strike, or run away, or offer a Kleenex in the spirit of goodwill to all beings (actually, a few sheets of Bounty'd probably be better, but anyway...), I should really end my post with a tag to allow the other player a chance to respond.

What I should not really do, is continue my one post to have Nelf examine his sole, scrape it in the long grasses to remove the worst of the manure, then break out the divining equipment to find a handy puddle to jump in to wash away the last bits of dung between the treads, examine the boot again, return to the opening stance of Soresu, and only then, tag you.

13. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    Name: Nylen Siira
    Species: Felacatian
    Previous Profession: Retired warrior, mercenary
    Skills: Able to transform at will into a large predatory cat, similar in appearance to an overly-muscular snow leopard, with large black spikes down her back.

Appearance: Taller than the average human male, Nylen stands at roughly 7ft, her agile body covered in a fine, white-silver fur, dotted with faint, slate-blue rosettes. Tied back in a tight ponytail, her white hair hangs loosely down her back in flowing curls, where it meets the tip of her rather large, fluffy tail. Nylen's elegant oval face holds two large sapphire cat-eyes, set like jewels above two small fangs, bordered by a thin pair of pale pink lips. Past a single gold band on her right hand, slender fingers taper off into dulled claws. Typically dressed in a trouser suit of loose white linen, tied at the waist with a narrow brown belt, Nylen also carries a simply carved ivory walking stick - although she is far from frail.

Short Bio: Raised in a warrior clan, Nylen has seen her fair share of battles, becoming a decorated hero after turning the tide of an impossible war with another clan of Felacatian. In later years, she followed her desire to travel the universe and took up the mantle of the mercenary. As her fame as a fighter grew, Nylen decided to step back, and begin to pass on her knowledge to any willing to learn. Her latest, one Cheznov, seems to be anything but...

14. Jamton

Jamton Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2011
    Name: Cheznov
    Species: Human
    Previous Profession: Imperial Senate Guard
    Skills: Able to use the vibrodagger, along with the typical Senate Guards' assault weapon.
    Appearance: Usually donning the black and blue garments of the senatorial guard, complete with helmet. When not in uniform, he is 6'8 with black hair and a mischievous smile. He has an easily identifiable scar across his forehead, from brow to brow. Muscular, with no particular sense of balance. He is not weak-minded however, being around so many Senators has given him a keen intellect. He is often found conversing with Senators when not in uniform.
    Short Bio: Orphaned at birth, and adopted by a loving Coruscant couple. He quickly learned to vent his frustrations through rigorous physical activity, and only sometimes took out his anger on the people around him. Needing a more acute patience and better warrior skills, Cheznov's superiors have forced a mentor on him.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Padawan Fenlaka Luka - Academy Reception

Yawning into his hand, and feeling warm and happy from his breakfast, the purple twi'lek lad wandered along the blue hallway leading out to Reception, ready to start the morning shift.

As a private experiment, he had left the Welcome Desk manned overnight by a plump white cushion with a smiley face drawn on it, and as far as he knew, the drought of visitors that the ocean-based academy had been experiencing recently, had not been broken.

He turned into the large room, and stopped in the doorway, instantly sensing that something had changed.
    The huge stone ring that was the stargate, still dominated the wall on his right; a counter of tan wood still sat in the middle of the room, but to his left, with the chair he was due to land his backside on, behind it.

The metallic violet object, on its side on the counter top, was knew. And Fen had never seen an Easter Egg before.

"Ger-reat," he noted aloud, "a big thermal detonator."

The padawan's face set in concentration as he reached out mentally, and Force-nudged the thing, watching as the foil covering it, reflected the ambient light in hundreds of difer rent patches over the surface.

"Okay, not dead yet;" He opined, aloud again. "That's a good thing."

Tag: Kira-Shay, any

OOC: Nice character sheet. I will consider it more closely later, but
    a) I can already think of a game where I would like to see your mercenary; and

b) Character sheet has preliminary approval, pending me actually reading it closely. :p

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Question: can you please define "Deus ex"?

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Hi, you two.

Character Sheets are unnecessary for you to take part in the training game, BUT, as someone is being trained here, I thought it best to introduce the new person to the idea of character sheets, and how to do them.

You both have nicely made up characters, though I cannot think of anything substantial to say about them.

Please have your chosen characters arrive at the facility, by starfighters at the landing pad outside, and walk into Reception, to engage with the twi'lek boy and his Easter Egg.

Sithy

18. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    OOC: My apologies - I got confused, as usual :oops:

[b]IC: Nylen Siira[/b]
    [i]~Academy Landing Pad, Iskalon~[/i]
    [hr]
    [blockquote]Nylen disembarked from the [i]Action VI[/i] transport ship with all the fervor of a caged animal, her fur prickling with stress. In over twenty years, she still couldn't stand traversing space in a 'tin can' without wanting to shred the walls in a vain escape attempt.

Steadying herself wither her ivory walking stick, the Leopardess allowed herself a calming breath of fresh air...

... Water.

Nylen's nose wrinkled in disgust. If there was one thing worse than hyperspace travel, it was an endless sea. Or, more accurately, being dunked in one. With a derisive snort, she rolled her head and shoulders to work out the kinks from the journey. Was it really worth the money to end up in a job that could result in a bath? Shuddering at the thought, Nylen struck out for the odd, domed building attached to the landing pad, being careful not to look down at the churning water below. Retrieving her datapad as she walked, Nylen read her brief, voicing the words in her mind;

[color=silver][i]~Head to the Academy on Iskalon. There you will rendezvous with one [b]Cheznov[/b]. The receptionist will be expecting you. Help him Nylen Siira, you're his only hope.~[/i][/color]

Rolling her eyes at the over-dramatic turn of phrase, the feline tucked the datapad back into her travel sack as she wandered through the glass doors to the Academy reception. Across the hall, she watched curiously as a young, purple twi'lek lad eyed an Easter egg perched on the reception desk with suspicion, apparently oblivious to her presence. His face contorted with concentration as the egg twitched, quite by itself. Nylen shuddered; sure, she'd seen those magicians using their fancy, mystical force thing before, but it just wasn't, well, natural.

[i][color=purple]"Okay, not dead yet. That's a good thing."[/color][/i]

A chuckle, punctuated with an amused purr filled the room as Nylen approached the young lad, shaking her head with disbelief.

[color=indigo]"Oh, I can assure you that those are quite harmless."[/color]

Grasping the egg in one hand, the Leopardess began carefully peeling away the foil wrapper to reveal the chocolate beneath. Holding the egg out in offering to the young lad, she smiled;

[color=indigo]"I'm guessing you've never seen an Easter egg before?"[/color][/blockquote]
    [hr]
    [b]TAG: Sithy, Jamton, any[/b]

19. Jamton

Jamton Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2011
    IC:

Academy Landing Pad, Iskalon.
    -----

I strode off the landing platform, pissed off beyond belief. I took no notice of the type of craft I was transported with and, upon entering, strode off straight to my quarters and tried to pretend a mentor wasn't being forced on me.

I quickly distanced myself from the ship and tried to clear my head. I looked around and tried to focus on the task at hand. I had information on my datapad of where to go next, but I didn't even slightly feel like using it. I picked a building at random, the closest to the landing pad, and strode near it. I heard some voices talking, and peeked inside.

I saw a...I guessed Felacatian talking with a twi'lek boy. I breathed deeply.

"Fantastic, Cheznov. Just fantastic."

I walked inside quickly, and resisted the habit to stand at attention at the door. I kept a fair distance from the others, but kept well within ear shot.

Tag: Anyone

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    CPL Macja, nice to see you again.

Okay-dokey, Deus Ex is apparently an award-winning First-Person Shooter with RPG Elements developed by Ion Storm and published by Eidos.

I suspect you intended to ask about something like Deus Ex Machina, which I believe is a situation with no known way of resolving it, then the Hand of God, or some unknown thing comes along and saves the day.

An example being the hero in xXx 2 running over the roof of a military prison, being chased by prison guards, on a quiet Summers day and thinking to yourself, "I really can't see how you are going to get off that roof, mate."

Then a helicopter that we really should have heard already, cos they are not quiet things, pops into view over the roof parapet, in time for the hero to leap aboard.

Actually, even better, "emergency beam out" in Star Trek!

The heroes are on a planet, cornered by a baying mob of non-Trekkies; you haven't seen the Enterprise even referred to for the last forty-five minutes, and just as they are about to die... I probably do not need to elaborate further if you have even a passing familiarity with ST.

Google says: Any resolution to a story that does not pay due regard to the story's internal logic and that is so unlikely that it challenges suspension of disbelief, and presumably allows the author, director, or developer to end the story in the way that he or she desired, so perhaps the Star Trek example does not go far enough, since you can kind of accept a transporter rescue. The Hand of God is probably the better example, or "it was all a dream".

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Jamton, not a bad post.

I would not have expected your character to identify the feline species as Felacatian right off the bat, like that.
    There are several more commonly known species, eg. Trianni, and Cathar. I certainly had never heard of them prior to Kira?s character sheet.

On the other hand, Cheznov works at the Senate, and has exposure to several senators, so it is possible that, if the Fela homeworld has a senator or representative, that he might be able to identify one.

Also, running off to find your quarters at a place that is brand new to you; does that sound realistic?

Although we play in a fantasy setting, roleplay should be realistic. Apart from the technologies, life should have the same elements as real life. What you write should be believable.

You definitely display Cheznov?s negative emotions at his situation, which is a good start. Well done there.
    Though where he strode off the landing platform, pissed off beyond belief., I feel I should direct you to our Banned Words List on the Fan Fic Resource page, which are not allowed to be used on our boards, before Cheznov really loses his temper. In general, please try to use Star Wars versions of emotional states and expletives.

Children as young as fourteen are allowed to use this site, maybe thirteen too, so keep that in mind when writing.

In the long term, you may find referring to your character in the First Person, eg. I did this, I did that, more limiting than playing in the Third Person, as Kira does, which lets her refer to her main character by he, she, and by name; and works well when describing her place in the environment.

Like playing a video game that offers First and Third Person perspectives. Star Wars: Starfighter ? Third Person allows you to see all round your craft; First only shows what is visible from the cockpit.

:) Niiice dodge from having to describe your ship.

Kira Shay

I thank you for the attention to detail when describing my humble :p facility!

Shuddering at the thought, Nylen struck out for the odd, domed building attached to the landing pad, being careful not to look down at the churning water below.

I think, hands down, you have been the best at that, and one of only two players to bothering with it at all.
    Very good descriptions overall, I can really see your character, and feel her insecurities. Nice interaction with my padawan ? she?s good with kids.

~Head to the Academy on Iskalon. There you will rendezvous with one Cheznov. The receptionist will be expecting you. Help him Nylen Siira, you're his only hope.~

Maybe it is just me, but that reads as a request to help the receptionist, as much as Cheznov.

Also, while it can be put down to an error on the part of the person who gave Nylen the assignment; in future, use caution when assigning behaviours and reactions to other player?s characters. Actually, frag that, do not do it.

My previous post established Fen? as the current receptionist, and in my mind, he has no idea that you are on the way.

Both if you, please keep in mind that this is roleplay, not canon Star Wars, not storytelling, not real life. It should be believable, yes, but you are limited to describing things relating solely to your characters and ships.

While it would make sense and be logical for whoever sent Nylen and Cheznov, to call ahead; because the recipients of such a message, are MY characters, you are not allowed to decide and write on my behalf, what they know or do not know.

Sorry, I know it sounds minor and tedious, but it is best to nip this sort of thing before you get to the stage of firing a turbolaser shot at another player?s treasured character, and thinking, ?well, there is no way they are dodging that; I might as well write that it killed them?.

[b]IC: Fenlaka Zula[/b], Academy Re

22. Jamton

Jamton Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2011
    OOC:

Thanks for the feedback! All taken to heart.
    And Cheznov..I have no idea where it came from. Probably from the dark recesses of my mind--i.e. an unconscious Star Trek reference to Chackoff..err..Checksnoff? (however you spell that!) The Russian guy.

Sooo, no. Not a Halo reference ;P

IC:

?Please do not creep around out there; my Dad is Head of Security, and he takes a very dim view of that sort of behavior.?

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said that somewhat suspiciously. My experience with the Senate has shown me that the more...paranoid..beings act means that there is usually a bigger reason in play that what is usually offered. In light of this, I asked:

"Do you have security problems here? I was told this was a safe planet." I said the last part with a mocking, or perhaps condescending tone. I wanted him to get angry. I also was aware that the more angry a human being was, the less thoughtfully they guarded their secrets. I was instantly trying to gather information because, well. In the Senate, if you want to succeed, you have to know things. Knowledge is power they say. Not to mention I was angry myself, and misery loves company.

TAG: Anyone, everyone.

23. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    OOC: Thanks for the critique Sithy - very helpful :) Have to admit the thought of an 'Easter' made me chuckle :D

[b]IC: Nylen Siira[/b]
    [i]~Academy Reception, Iskalon~[/i]
    [hr]
    Nylen stifled a laugh with her hand as the bemused Twi'lek lay the egg back on the desk. He was obviously none the wiser, although apparently reassured that it wasn't about to kill him. Shaking her head, the Leopardess glanced at the lad with a puzzled expression; why didn't he simply ask her to explain? The young cubs on her home world were bundles of questions at his age, and had far too much curiosity to keep those questions to themselves. Giving a mental shrug, she decided it must be a Twi'lek thing.

[color=purple][i]?Welcome to the RPF Academy. My name is Fen, and I am here to take down your roleplay requirements and questions.?[/i][/color]

Nylen's lips barely had a chance to twitch with the start of her response when [b]Fen's[/b] gaze flicked to a monitor on the desk, then to a far corner of the room.

[color=purple][i]?Sir, please do not creep around out there; my Dad is Head of Security, and he takes a very dim view of that sort of behaviour.?[/i][/color]

Barely missing a beat, young Fen turned his attention back to the towering feline;

[color=purple][i]?I never thought I would meet a real Trianni Ranger. Wow."[/i][/color]

The Leopardess smiled warmly at the young Twi'lek, [color=indigo]"I'm afraid you still have yet to meet one, my friend. I am of the Felacatian people, not the Trianni. An easy mistake to make, and you are certainly not the first to make it. But as for my purpose he...."[/color]

[color=purple][i]"Do you have security problems here? I was told this was a safe planet."[/i][/color]

[color=purple][i]?Are you two together??[/i][/color]

Clearing her throat in a disapproving manner, Nylen turned to glare down her nose at the shorter figure emerging from the shadows. Firstly, no one spoke to a child in that manner while she was around. Secondly, she did not appreciate all the interruptions; the sooner she was away from all this water, the better.

[color=indigo]"With an entrance like that, I would not be surprised if this human is my reason for being summoned here."[/color] Nylen spat, raising an eyebrow at the new comer to emphasise her displeasure. Turning back to Fen, the aged feline's face brightened into a broad, sunshine smile.

[color=indigo]"Now where was I? Oh yes. I was sent here to rendezvous with one [b]Cheznov[/b]. I was told you'd be expecting me, but from your reaction, I'm guessing they neglected to tell you..."[/color]

Nylen looked up at the ceiling with a scowl, muttering something unlady-like about a Hutt and a gizka. Lowering her gaze to the floor as she rubbed at her eyes self-consciously, the Leopardess uttered an apology for the outburst.

[color=indigo]"Still,"[/color] she sighed wistfully, [color=indigo]"If this does prove to be a wasted journey, I suppose even an old feline like myself can stand to learn a new trick or two about roleplaying. Never too old to learn, I always say."[/color]

Meeting Fen's eyes, the great feline gave him her most sincere smile.

[b]TAG: Sithy, Jamton[/b]

24. Jamton

Jamton Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2011
    IC:

Cheznov

I chuckle to myself, at the luck of the receptionist. Not only does he get my own outburst, but Nylen's as well. She at least, I noticed, was trying to be nice as well. I supposed I should as well.

"I'm sorry for sneaking in, it's a dirty habit."

I size up Nylen, and look at her feminine and feline appearance in a near perfect marriage. I briefly get lost watching her tail move around, and find myself oddly fascinated, and slightly attracted, to her. I blush slightly, and say:

"So..you're going to be my..mentor? Well...what're we going to be doing?"

I smirk slightly, knowing I haven't read the memo that was sent to me twice on the ship, and add:

"I can already shoot pretty straight."

TAG: Anyone

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Guys, just go ahead and interact with each other, so that you do not have to wait on me.

If I manage to respond befor you post, that's fine, but I don't want to leave you hannging like this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.