main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anakin Solo fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Muke_Skywalker, Apr 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    My favorite Jedi Knight of the New Jedi Order is Anakin Solo. And he has been since birth. The Son of Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo, the grandson of Anakin Skywalker, the nephew of Luke Skywalker. Anakin has had some MIGHTY impressive boots to fill.

When Anakin was in Leia's womb he was an AMAZINGLY POWERFUL fetus. When the Reborn Emperor Palpatine placed his hand upon Leias stomach Anakin reacted. He was fully in tune with the Force and he could feel Palpatines evil reaching out for him. He reacted instinctively and bitch slapped Palpatine!

And he wasnt even born yet!

He was born several months later on Nespis 8 which was destroyed by the Reborn Emperors galaxy gun.

Leia fled with him and his brother and sister to Onderon where the final confrontation with palpatine occured. He tried to possess Anakin and failed thanks to the help of the brave Jedi Empatajayos Brand.

As an infant he witnessed the end of Emperor Palpatin, the man who twisted his own grandfather Anakin Skywalker to the Dark Side.

But Anakin grew up fearing that he would become one for the darkness like old Grandpa.

He did not know what a hero he would grow up to be.

At the age of eight years old Anakin was present during the Correllian revolution led by his Cousin Thrackan Sal-Solo. He was instrumental in activating a thruster that would throw off the aim of the superweapon, The StarBuster A.K.A. Centerpoint Station.

A station that would play a big part in his growth of a Jedi.

Anakins instinctive skill was obvious from the start. He could build droids and hack into his parents bank accounts. He could disable superweapons.

He was a hero before he was a Jedi.

At the age of eleven Anakin attended the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. There he met his soul mate, Tahiri. A young girl raised by the sand people.

They became fast friends, they had a bond in the Force rivaled only by Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade.

Anakin was powerful in the Force but when he was with Tahiri... ANYTHING was possible.

Together they freed a group of Massasi children from a Golden Globe created by a Dark Lord of the Sith, Exar Kun.

Together they burst through and saved these poor, poor children.

Anakin grew in his time at the Jedi Academy and soon graduated into a full fledged Jedi Apprentice of Master Luke Skywalker. His proud Uncle.

Anakin blossomed under Lukes training and got a bit arrogant. Seeing the Force as a tool only. This led to a bit of sibling rivalry with his wussy brother Jacen Solo.

But Anakin soon learned humility.. While on a mission to Sernpidal with his father and Chewbacca they came upon a plot by the alien Yuuzhan Vong to destroy the planet by dropping a moon onto it.

They couldnt stop the moon from falling but they could rescue the people on the planet. Chewbacca died saving Han and Anakin. Anakin blamed himself because he had to abandon Chewie to save the refugees.

It was the hardest decision he ever made. And he has not yet forgiven himself for it.

In the coming months as the Vong advanced Anakin really earned his stripes as a hero. He protected the people of Dantooine and his Aunt Mara, he fought to the point of death but was rescued by Luke and Jacen.

Anakin proved his heroism again and again in the following months. Constantly throwing his butt on the line for others even if it cost him his own.

Anakin has been the very model of a Jedi Knight.

He even returned to Centerpoint, the New Republic decided to use it as a weapon against the Vong. He armed it, and it soon got to the point that it needed to be used or lives would be lost. He put the choice in Jacens hands.

Jacen said dont do it.

It was the worst mistake of Anakins life. His cousin Thrackan used it and wiped out a the Vong and the Hapan fleet.

Anakin regretted this bitterly and soon had the opportunity to make up for it by rescuing the students at the Jedi Academy from the Peace Brigade.

But Tahiri was captured by the Vong, Anakin went after her, joining with a disgraced Yuuzhan Vong to infiltrate their ranks.

He learned a great deal about the Vong, himself and the Force during

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    It is. Anakin has always been one of my favorite EU characters and I am so glad that he is finally getting more scenes in the NJO.

3. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    I'm glad he got his own book. :)

4. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Yeah, I am too. Of course it'll be forever before I can read it, because things always take that long to come out in Australia, and even when they do, I don't have the time. :mad:

But yeah, I'm glad he got his own book, and I can't wait to read it. :)

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Anakin Solo is the man. His grandfather would be very proud of and honored to have a jedi of great potentinal named after him...

6. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I like Anakin best out of all three of the Solo kids. Jacen & Jaina are just boring.

7. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    They boy's got pluck. :)

8. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    After halfway reading Conquest, I like him. I liked the JJK books too. He is very intresting.

Afraid of becoming Vader. Wanting to help, but thinks he will fail, and yet he still does it. He don't think he is a hero, yet he is.

9. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Anakin was really cool in Conquest.

10. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    I really like him and Tahiri together, and what they can and do do (dodo, heh. .).

I really hope she stays a part of the storyline.

11. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah. Not to mention they are CUTE together! :)

12. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Hey, no Conquest spoilers for those of us who haven't read it. :(

I am happy that there'll be a lot more Anakin when I can actually read it, though. :)

13. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    I cant wait to see how his relationship with Tahiri develops.

I think Anakin will be supportive of her while she recovers from what the Vong did to her. She will no doubt struggle with the Dark Side for some time.

I hope she doesnt give in.

Tahiri is good for Anakin and she always was. It's his turn to be good for her. :)

14. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    i think his character has fabulous potential, as long as it stays HIS character. Not a Luke, not a Han, definetly NOT a Jacen, and ABSOLUTELY NOT the original Anakin, but THE CURRENT, LIVING BREATHING ANAKIN.

As long as the authors stay true to that, he will be, and is, a wonderful character, shiny and new and glorious.

SAY NOTHING MORE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS IN CONQUEST, ITS STILL NOT IN AUSTRALIA YET!!!!!!

15. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    You mean to say you Aussies get Jeff Propst shipped to you instead of the Anakin Skywalker adventures?

You poor bastards! I blame the Brits for this! :)

16. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    "Hey, no Conquest spoilers for those of us who haven't read it."

If that was aimed at me and Rebecca... then take a look in the first post of the thread, it has spoilers too.

If that was aimed at Muke, then, umm, sorry.

17. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    I did put in spoilers, I did open up that barrel, How about we put SPOILER WARNINGS on our postings from now on until the Aussies get Conquest.

That way ALL Anakin fans can join in on the fun and not just US spoiled brate who HAVE read Conquest. :)

18. MRukundo

MRukundo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2000
    Anakin Solo is okay but the part in balance point when he is making fun of Tekli because of her lesser talent was uncalled for. That shows stupidity and I can't wait for some dude like Kyp who is every bit as strong as Anakin to kick his ass.

19. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    I thought that was unimaginative of Kathy Tyers to just spring this "Bias" against "Force Weak" Jedi out of NOWHERE.

That has never been how Anakin was, Tyers dropped the ball, although she did capture some of his better qualities when he caught that Vong chick... Who then slashed her throat.

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm in.

Anakin is a great Jedi. That's really all I have to say.

21. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    i liked it when he and Mara Jade were on Dantooine, and he grew so much, i loved watching him unfold like that, and keep going because he had to protect Mara. That was one of the best parts of the book!

22. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I have to join in, Muke. You're right on target. I honestly have to say I strongly disliked Anakin Solo prior to the NJO. Not as much as his brother and sister, but still enough that I could nearly care less about what was going on with him.

NJO changed all of that. I think you can really see Anakin's potential as THE next major character start up in Vector Prime and literally explode throughout Dark Tide. The fact that out of nearly all of the New Jedi, it is Anakin who has been the most correct.

And what's even cooler - sure, Luke had Obi-Wan. Kyle had Rahn. But Anakin gets a Jedi-ghost who is much cooler than both of them combined. It's almost like he has his very own Yoda, but not quite.

I think there will be great things from him in the future (with Tahiri). In fact, IMO, he IS the future.

23. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Exactly.

24. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Anakin Solo is a good kid, and has the capacity to be a great Jedi Knight. He probably has the best potential out of all the Solo kids. Expect him to be a powerhouse Jedi in the years to come.

25. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    He's already a powerhouse. I expect him to virtually invincible when he's Lukes age. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.