main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Animated Character Draft (Champion = Chim)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    But now that it's clear that this draft may actually top the comic draft in terms of the average character's level of power

Really? That's surprising to hear. I always thought comics still had the best guys, even with Nono in this one. Not with the DBZ 'blow up the galaxy with a flick' of course, but with the guys that were in it last time.

EF, when do you think we'll be starting the next one? Any general idea, or are the kinks still being worked out regarding the list.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Comics ftw!

More BLEACH??? ftl

I see there's no love for Fuzzy Lumpkins... ::Sniff::

I think I'll suggest some more teams later

3. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Aw, no Dexter on that list. I was hoping to see him on there. And the Rowdy Rough Boys.

4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I remembered Dexter this morning. Forgot to put him in there.

Well, Yak, get all the guys from Bleach that you think are useless or not on the same level and we'll cut them.

When are we starting? Uhm, probably this weekend, as soon as I get the team picks worked out.

5. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Bah, I'm not looking through all that Bleach. I'll just have to deal.

Now, let me go ahead and suggest these teams-

Justice Ducks:
    Darkwing Duck
    Gizmoduck
    Morgana McCawber
    Neptunia
    Stegmutt

Fearsome 5:
    Negaduck
    Megavolt
    Quackerjack
    Dr. Reginald Bushroot
    Liquidator

Gungrave-

Big 4:
    Bunji Kugashira
    Balladbird Lee
    Bear Walken
    Bob Poundmax

Cannon Vulcan/Blood War

Inuyasha

Team Inuyasha:
    Inuyasha
    Miroku
    Sango
    Kagome

Sesshomaru/Jaken

Should we put the Band of 7 together?

Team the Ronin Warriors?

Rurouni Kenshin-

Team Kenshin:
    Himura Kenshin
    Sanosuke
    Hajime Saito

Sailor Moon-

Inner Senshi:
    Sailor Moon
    Sailor Mercury
    Sailor Mars
    Sailor Jupiter
    Sailor Venus

Static Shock

Static/Rubberband Man

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team Shredder:
    Shredder
    Krang
    Karai
    General Tragg

Tokka/Rahzar

Witch Hunter Robin

Solomon:
    Robin Sena
    Amon
    Haruko Sakaki
    Miho Karasuma

If we?ve got Roger Smith in there, shouldn?t we put the other Megadeuce pilots?

And we may as well add Casey Jones to the TMNT team. And if we're not getting rid of Gosalyn (I thought we were) may as well add her to Justice Ducks as Quiverwing Quack.

Oh yeah, maybe we should lose all of Samurai Champloo... They're pretty worthless, even teamed.

Maybe lose people who haven't appeared in their anime yet? And use manga stuff for Inuyasha as well since the anime pretty much followed it?

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I really think the only name from Bleach, aside from Isshin Kurosaki and Uryu Ishida's dad(whose name I forget off the top of my head, that we need to lose is Hinamori. Sure she's one of the most adept at their magic, but she's too emotional and hasn't shown anything impressive.

7. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    What about adding some of the Bounts? Or am I missing something and they are already on there?

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    If you want to go through the list and add some of the Bounts, fine with me I guess. I'll just be glad that I'm not judging anymore and have think about them.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    More?
    Even More?
    I really hate Shonen Jump...

10. Dom_Perignon

Jun 11, 2006
    I'm really against adding characters who have not shown up in the anime or have not fought in the anime yet. Yes, I'm talking to you Bleach. :p

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh, all the Bleach characters up there have now both appeared and faught in the anime.

It's Naruto that has two who haven't faught in the anime, they have appeared though.

And the Bount are from an anime exclusive "filler" arc of Bleach. They exist ONLY in animated form. Just as Tony the friggin Tiger-Lycanthrope Ninja is from the earliest Naruto Filler arc.

12. Dom_Perignon

Jun 11, 2006
    Ulquiorra Schiffer (This one may be okay, as he did show how strong he was by blocking Urahara's attack and punching his partner. And he also recently had a short fight with Grimmjow in the manga we could use as a reference.)
    Luppi
    Aaroniero Arleri
    Dordonii Alessandro Del Socacchio
    Cirucci Thunderwitch
    Gantenbein Mosqueda
    Kukaku Shiba (She's in it, but hasn't ever fought I don't think.)
    Shinji Hirako (Did he ever fight? I just rememeber him being really annoying to Ichigo and taunting him a lot.)

These other ones haven't appeared in the anime yet I don't believe.

Edit:And the Bounto would be a cool addition. Some of them had pretty good abilities.

Edit 2: Hiyori may also be another good character to put in. Reppin' da Vizard.

As far as Naruto...only Hidan hasn't appeared yet. I would say Sasori but he is just now starting to fight so a lot more will be revealed soon and we can also just go off of his manga for the stuff like we did last time.

Oh, and you could add some more Pokemon legendaries. Like the three birds, Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos, and the Regis, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel seeing as Raikou, Entei and Suicine are on there.

I'm surprised Digimon didn't come up with Pokemon here. It's like it's half brother.

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Shinji has fought, and I forgot I had suggested the 100+ numbered Arrancar, who probably haven't appeared yet. But I do believe Luppi has shown up, if not fought. And Ulquiorra has fought, as has Shinji.

And Hidan has appeared. He was amongst the Akatsuki during the Gaara sealing. Shoot, they made it a point to constantly shift between his eyes and Kakuzu's eyes the whole time. As if telling the audience "LOOK, HERE ARE THE NEXT TWO IMPORTANT AKATSUKI!!".

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    That wasn't just at 30%?

15. Dom_Perignon

Jun 11, 2006
    Okay, so I'm really meaning actual fighting as in fully showing themselves. A short glimpse of them won't be enough to infer how they fight. I guess we can go by their manga showings, but I don't really like doing that unless we really have to.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yes, and every Bleach character decreases my chances of winning. Cause I for 1 am not lookin through them.

Well, except maybe Tosen.
    [image=http://www.humanrights.de/doc_en/archiv/congress/programme/fist_black1.jpg]

17. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I was mainly just thinking Jin Kariya as far as the Bounts go. He was the only one I was really actually all that impressed with from the stuff I watched. Some other cool ones in there, but if everyone is crying because the list is too much for Bleach then you just just add him. Or not, it was just a suggestion.

I have to admit, this team pick thing is confusing the hell out of me. Seems like if I pick the right one I'll be getting 11 people at once. :p

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Good thing I don't have to judge it.

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm gonna try to keep the teams to about four or so.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Come on, come on! It's bad enough that I'm gonna have to PM my picks in later tonight without even knowing my draft position (which could definitely affect which order I want my first two picks in, depending on this or that), but I at least need to know who's getting grouped together into these teams. That could vastly affect my pick order. Pretty please can we get that here soon?

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I think this is it. you said something about Ninja Scroll, ut I have no idea who to put together, so maybe you could suggest team ups.

Also, gonna be adding Dexter and Voltron, and we're probably going to be losing some more people. And I added Big-O, I know he had some opponents, but I can't find names anywhere. Someone know them?

Rough cut for the teams:

Aang, Katara, Toph Bei Fong, Saka

Azula, Ty Lee, Mai, Zuko

Fate/Stay Night

Rin/Archer

Saber/Shirou

Illya/Berserker

Kirei/Gilgamesh

Caster/Assasin

FLCL

Haruko, Canchi

Gargoyles

goliath, Brooklyn, Broadway, Lexington

Ghost in the Shell

Motoko, Bateau, Togusa, Saito, Borma
    (Can get some Tachikoma units with prep, gonna lose the Tachikoma as a seperate pick)

Inuyasha

Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango

Bankotsu, Suikotsu, Ginkotsu, and Jakotsu

Read or Die

Yomiko, Nancy, Drake

Michelle Chang, Maggie Mui, Anita King, Junior

Record of Lodoss War

Parn, Deedlit, Etoh, Ghim, Slayn

Thundercats

Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara

TMNT

Raph, Leo, Mikey, Donnie, Splinter

Shredder, Krang ,Karai, General Tragg

Witch hunter Robin

Robin, Amon, Haruto, Miho

Gungrave-

Big 4:
    Bunji Kugashira
    Balladbird Lee
    Bear Walken
    Bob Poundmax

Cannon Vulcan/Blood War

No Naruto teams, unless everyone wants to? We could do one or two, I suppose.

Oh, and those Darkwing teams, I forgot to copy them and I'm too lazy to go back and grab them.

This is rough, I guess if there are any problems, glaring omissions, or any suchness you can let me hear it now.

Thinking about adding the dragons from Lodoss War, but they don't do much, so still pondering those.

22. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Oh, well, here's what I'd recommend for Ninja Scroll:

Team 1 - Jubei Kibagami, Kagero

Team 2 - Himuro Gemma, Benisato

Team 3 - Yurimaru, Tessai, Shijima

Team 4 - Zakuro, Mushizo, Utsutsu Mujuro

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    All right, we'll throw those in there.

Oh, and prep is going to be really loose in here. If they can get their hands on it, they can bring it.

24. Dom_Perignon

Jun 11, 2006
    "Big O! Big O, Big O, Big O! Big O Big O Big -!"

Love that ridiculous theme song. [face_laugh]

I suggest Big Duo, piloted by Scharzwald and then Big Fau piloted by Alex Rosewater. Maybe Alan Gabriel, the android guy. I dunno if anyone wants the other mechs showed on individual episodes and weren't recurring.

25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Whoa, that Record of Lodoss War team is kinda strong...

If we have that we prolly should have Ashram/Pirotess.

And what happened to the rest of the Inu Band of 7? I mean, how'd they turn out as... 4? I could see them together though that's kind of a large group, or just sticking with individually maybe... 4?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.