main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Artistic Moose - updated 26/07/09

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by moosemousse, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm working on a picture atm and I'd like some opinions. It's a twi-lek stormtrooper. I need to re-do the outlines and re-scan it, but I'd like to know what people think of it so far.

Here it is.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Looking great so far and the lekku are nicely drawn

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello moosemousse, and welcome to the Fan Art forum!

This is a good start on your character--a Twi'lek stormie...wonder what the Emperor would have thought of that...? ;) I like her face, and how you've drawn the lekku--the figure is a bit off proportion-wise, but nothing that can't be fixed. And if you'd like some online references for face and figure drawing, I'd be happy to pass on some of my favorites. Just say so, and I'll PM them to you. The armor looks pretty good so far, too. All in all some good work!

Keep on drawing, and again--welcome to Fan Art!

FF

4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd really like some help with drawing faces, it's one thing I'm completely useless at. I had to look at my Legacy comics to try and get the face and lekkus ok. I pretty much redrew the whole thing, I'll post it when I've scanned it.

I took some liberties with it, I wanted to do something that no one had ever done before. At the back of Legacy #0 it says that other species can be stormtroopers and that their armour would be modified to fit properly and I just thought 'why not twi-leks?'.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I redrew it in a better pose than it was.

link.

I'm having problems with it now, I can't find my graphics tablet pen and I suck at drawing with a mouse. :(

6. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    (found through your sig)

I like the concept, and that second one is an impressive improvement. Very clean too. You did a good job with the face. Also the armor. I hate drawing armor.

Watch out for proportions, though. The distance between the wrist and the elbow, and between the elbow and the shoulder joint, (on humans) are equal. That's the easiest thing to miss. Right now her forearms are a bit small. Also, she could pass for a superhero: her body is too big for her head! Very DC of you ;) The quickest and easiest way to get the head and body proportional is to start drawing with the head, and then use it as the measuring tool. The human body is around seven heads tall, give or take a brow. Since the upper and lower body are, much like the upper and lower arm, equal sizes, you can assume that the top half would need to be 3.5 heads.

Right now I'm seein' this: Twi'Lek Stormie

She's even a little big for eight heads - the typical size of your average comicbook superhero. Perhaps narrowing the waist and/or shoulders would help?

The ideal way to maintain proportion is to construct the underlayer of the form prior to adding the details. You would do this using basic shapes (but don't forget to keep volume in mind). If I had a Tablet, I would show you what I mean.

Anyway, it's a great idea, so good luck with it!

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks for that. The shoulders are probably too wide as I was thinking that the armour would add extra bulk, I think I added too much though. I'll probably go back to it at some point with a reference photo and sketch that over the top, drawing on the armour after I've done that. I'm working on a Jedi/Sith at the moment so the stormie will have to wait.

8. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Look forward to your Jedi/Sith thing [face_peace]

9. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    A great start moose :) small yet detailed faces are particuarly hard to draw, one slip of the pencil and it can go horribly wrong, that's not the case here though - great job, her Lekku seem to flow nicely too. Again the only things that seem out to me are the proportions, you have some nice clean lines to work with here so fixing them shouldn't be too much hassle. I also quite like your first version, sketchy-sketches always appeal to me :D

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I like doing those kind of drawings, I often do them when I'm at the pub. I should get my own scanner at some point.

11. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    moose, I'm enjoying your artwork. Looking forward to more :)

12. -DARKSITHLORD-

-DARKSITHLORD- Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2007
    nice sketch!! and a twi'lek stormtrooper? a good idea!!

13. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I like the concept of a twi'lek stormtrooper also... I wish I could draw... but you've done very well so far!

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Ack! I keep forgetting to do artsy stuff. I'll try and get something sorted out soon.

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    please finish this twilek stormie pic

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Really looks great and I really like the foot prop in the original one, for possible details on the armor don't forget the colar of the underlieing glove suit. The best reference I can think of for this is to watch the Ep IV Detention Center footage of Han and Luke when they aren't wearing their helmets.

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing how they all come out!

17. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Looks great! A twi'lek stormtrooper, what an original idea. I like the detailing of the armor, and the lekku looks pretty.

18. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    A female stormtrooper that is interesing.-

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I know this isn't a Star Wars piece, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

This is was just a quick job in DAZ Studio 3 to experiment with posing figures.

[image=http://moussemoose.googlepages.com/testrender2f.jpg]

The unblurred version

Edit:
    Another test thing, not Star Wars either but I'm still working out how to use the program. :)

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    A quick sewer scene. :)

[image=http://th07.deviantart.net/fs46/300W/f/2009/196/2/3/Sewer_Scene_by_Angel_in_Black.jpg]
    Full size view

I've been trying to get more sci-fi settings and stuff for DAZ, hopefully I'll have something awesome soon.

21. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, you are really a computer wizzard.

=D=

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
  23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Can I have some opinions on this? I'm thinking the blade looks a little flat, but I could just be tired.

[image=http://th04.deviantart.net/fs48/300W/f/2009/203/e/f/Jedi_Corridor_Test_by_Angel_in_Black.jpg]
    Full size view

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I did some post-work on the blade and now it looks like this:

[image=http://moussemoose.googlepages.com/gsfc3d.jpg]

:)

25. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That looks spooky, but brilliant.

Thread Status: