main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Is anybody out there?

2. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    It's the weekend. I'm lucky if I make it out of bed. :p

3. _Darth_Netheris_

_Darth_Netheris_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
  4. _Darth_Netheris_

_Darth_Netheris_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
  5. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Hi there!

Reiterating my earlier question: "Who are these 'Featured Artists'?"

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Selk--I'm not exactly sure what criteria are applied to "Featured Artists" in the Fan Art Museum--if you're curious, you could e-mail someone at submissions and ask (and then wait a long time for a reply... ;). I think some of them are LFL-licensed artists (Amy Pronovost, Joe Corroney and Jeff Carlisle are three of them), others seem to have a very high level of quality in their work and a large number of submissions. I've never gotten farther than simply drooling over the work of those featured artists, myself--some of it is jaw-dropping! ;)

FF

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's great to see a lot of new faces around here and I would like to welcome all the new folks! It's great to have you aboard! :D

As for those inquiring minds who had no clue where I disappeared to last week, I was down in Florida visiting Mickey Mouse. I should have dropped a line in here about it, but it slipped my mind and for that, I apologize.

As for the trip - I had a great time and I can't wait for my next trip down there(yes, I'm as much as a Disney freak as I am a Star Wars one). As soon as I get my pictures developed from the trip I'll be more than happy to share them and post them in here. ;)

Once again, it's great to see all the new folks around here! :D

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    some of it is jaw-dropping!

Yes it is! I never drool or have my jaw-drop over anything except for the work by the Featured Artists. They're work is too wonderful to be true.

9. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :D

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to drop in and say how much I'm enjoying the FanArt community in the few days that I've been here. The talent is astounding and I'm running out of adjectives!

oldj

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    That seems to be my problem too. ;)

How was your trip Steph? Did they still have some SW Weekends stuff down there left over?

11. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Who doesn't love Disney World? It's strange, because even now that I'm 'grown up', there's just something about that place that still seems otherworldly.

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'll add my "Welcome Back" here, too, Han!! It sounds like you had a great time (anytime you can just "play" and forget about home, work and responsibilites is usually a "great time!")!

And yes--isn't it great to see all the new "faces" here? We're really getting to be quite the crowd here in Fan Art! :D

I agree with you, wick, about Disney World being "otherworldly" no matter your age! It's as though reality and linear time are sort of suspended for a while, and everyone gets to be a wide-eyed kid again, where everything's new and exciting! I haven't been for a long time--now I'm thinking I might have to start saving for another trip! ;)

Again--welcome home Steph, and welcome back to the boards! We tried not to tear the place up too much while you were gone! lol!

Edit: I also wanted to point out to all our new people that we're in the process of getting a new banner for our forum--the Official Banner Contest thread has all the details, and if you're a banner artist, please join in! It's going to be great to see what everyone comes up with from all the great images submitted for use!

FF

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree with you, wick, about Disney World being "otherworldly" no matter your age! It's as though reality and linear time are sort of suspended for a while, and everyone gets to be a wide-eyed kid again, where everything's new and exciting! I haven't been for a long time--now I'm thinking I might have to start saving for another trip!

Yes, it does seem otherwordly, I have to agree with you there. And that was what my parents were saying all week, that I had that look in my eyes that I did when I was a little kid. I don't care, I will always love it there! :D

14. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    I had a very deprived childhood, first no pony and then no disneyworld...I had to content myself with drawing horses and the very lame and inferior Wally's World.

[face_plain]

Enough of that though, welcome back and glad you had fun! :D Like a kid in a candy store no less? Or like a kid at Disney World? ;)

15. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Wally's World? Do I want to know what a Wally is?

16. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Can't say I had a deprived childhood. I never asked for a pony, never thought about it, I was content with Star Wars toys. My parents didn't mind because it was easier on their budget.

17. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Do you want to know what a Wally is Wick? Erm...no, but he must be a sadistic... [insert profanity here]. His world consisted of an unsafe ferris wheel, dodgy petting zoo with a biting goat, and no fluffy merchandise. [face_plain]

Can't say I had a deprived childhood. I never asked for a pony, never thought about it, I was content with Star Wars toys. My parents didn't mind because it was easier on their budget.

You must have been the dream child! :D I thought every adolescent girl asked for a pony at some point!

18. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I never asked for a pony, but I always asked for another trip to Disneyland! :D
    It was great living about eight hours away from Anaheim when I was a kid because we could jump in the car every fall and drive down there for our family vacations. (It was always less crowded that time of year.) I think of it like a second home. [face_love]

So HS29, did you ride Mission Space? I was too chicken to get on it when I was in WDW last year. LOL! [face_chicken]

19. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    I'm -still- asking for a pony, and drawing horses when the mood strikes me. It gets pretty miserable, what with all the waiting. *snore*

I never did fairs when I was a child, and I was pretty undemanding. I collected My Little Pony's for a little bit. Oh yes..terrible. But that was all...I just wasn't interested in anything. Of course - as soon as I got older I started being interested in as much stuff as I could be. I'm surrounded by merchandise, and sailing ships and billions upon billions of books.

I'd say that books, paper and felt tip pens, were probably the most money-hungry things I was after. I must have gone through a packet of felt tip pens every week... ~.~

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    There's horses up in the field behind my house, so I never really had to ask for a pony. I would just go down to the fence and see them when I wanted. ;)

As for Mission: Space - no, I didn't go on it. By the time our second day at Epcot rolled around, I was willing to try it, but my dad chickened out. He said he can't take things that spin that fast. I didn't want to ride it by myself, so I passed.

21. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I never understood the little-girl/pony thing. Why not just go all the way and ask for a horse? It's like asking for the keys to a Yugo when you could have a Ferrari.

22. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    I'm asking for a horse really, but 'Iwannapony' sounds a lot better... I don't know why :) I'm playing virtual horsie games until I can have a real one... x.x But it's all good!

*most of the way through a Padawan Qui-Gon profile graphite thing!* Been dying to do this, but never had the guts.

Burnt myself today - thought I'd ask a stupid question, just to see - what do you lot do when you get burnt? *eyes shiny plasticy 'new skin' that stops the air getting in. Reflective surfaces... *has C3P0 drawing nightmares*

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Burnt myself today - thought I'd ask a stupid question, just to see - what do you lot do when you get burnt? *eyes shiny plasticy 'new skin' that stops the air getting in. Reflective surfaces... *has C3P0 drawing nightmares*

Ouch. I hope it isn't too serious. :(

Unfortunately, working at a restaurant, I have had the pleasure of burning myself on the grill a few times. However, my worst burn didn't happen at work, but rather at home. I accidently poured a pot of boiling water on my finger - that wasn't pleasant. But all I've ever done was run cold water over it for a while. It relieves the burning sensation and generally, makes it feel better. Not sure if it's the best solution or not, but I've never had any problems doing that.

24. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I've always found that having an Aloe plant around the house is great for burns. Using it's 'juice' or gel (I guess it's called juice :confused: ) straight out of a clipped off piece of the plant is so soothing on sunburns or cooking and other types of mild burns. My mom would sometimes even tape a piece of the plant, juicy inside side down, right onto a burn for a day or so.

In other news, I'm happy to announce that I'm eleven weeks pregnant! :D
    Morning sickness has been an adventure but I'm starting to feel like my normal self again. I've also been trying to research what art mediums are still safe for me to handle. My doctor okayed acrylic paints, which is good because I have some Disney murals planned for the nursery room walls. :)

Well, just thought I'd tell you all. This is our first baby, so it's all very exciting for my husband and I. Yay, we'll have a child of our own to indoctrinate into Star Wars! :p

25. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Congratulations, Obi Dawn [:D] =D=

Been thinking of names yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.