main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Authoritative TRAILER Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Silmarillion, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    If you're new to the forums, read this first.

Trailer info:
    TEASER (Breathing) - Attached to Monsters Inc, Nov. 2 - This is a short teaser with almost no sound except for Vader breathing. We posted a full description Monday and an audio file of Steve Jobs premiering the teaser at a cast and crew screening of Monsters Inc. It was also screened elsewhere in LA. AICN's report matches the description we posted.

ONLINE TEASER (Mystery) - November 9th - We believe this teaser will be in the DVD portion of StarWars.Com. No description available yet. There's a possibility it might be with Shallow Hal, too, since it is a 20th Century Fox film. No confirmation on that yet.

TRAILER A (Forbidden Love) - November 16th attached to Harry Potter - Darth_Zoltan posted an accurate trailer description which we highlighted. This is a 2 minute trailer that features the romance between Anakin and Padme. This is also the one that AICN seemed to think conflicted with their description.

TRAILER B (Unnamed) - You can expect Trailer B probably around March/April 2002. Content has not been released.

If you don't think your discussion fits into any of those threads, please post here.

2. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Thank you Sil. Maybe this will attract the newbies like bees to honey...

3. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Finally, something on this fast growing trend. Great work Sil, hopefully it'll cut down on redundancy.

4. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    Good work Sil :)

5. JHoSSmAn

JHoSSmAn Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2001
    ok i posted this earlier so if some one would lock that...

A long time ago in a state on the west coast, several people hired by GL developed a renderer. This was sold to Steve Jobs and Pixar was born. Hince the star wars jokes in Toy Story and 2. Therefore: AotC preview is on Monsters, Inc. This info was collected from IEEE member magazine so who beleives me...?

lemme know ang please someone give me a discussion

6. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001

SIGH...another trailer thread...wait, this is the one that should have been created all along. we are saved!!

7. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    This might have already been settled or will get quickly shot down like before but the theater I work at has been told by our Corporate office that Disney does not want this trailer with the film. Why? Who knows, sounds insane on Disney's part. My manager said he was told Disney wants to only promote Disney films, not a 20th Century Fox film. I really hope this news is wrong or next thursday when i go to preview Monsters Inc at midnight i'll be very disapointed. He even told me there might be stipulations withthe film that we have to remove the trailer if it is attached.

8. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    The trailer is running with Monsters Inc. Didn't you listen to the Steve Jobs tape? Or read any of the TF.N reports?

!snap

9. jedimaster chris

Nov 1, 1999
    yes i have listened to Steve Jobbs interview, and have read every report, and can't wait but all i am saying is our theater which is a nationwide chain is being told not to promote this cause they have heard this news, possibly from a Disney distribution company.

10. Garik-Face-Loran

Garik-Face-Loran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2000
    have you seen any of the trailers yet i've got one, its about 14mb's in .mov format and is 1min 54sec long.. if you have morpheus (file sharing program) you can download it.. just search for 'episode II' under video..

11. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    It's a fake.

*goes back to doing homework*

12. Garik-Face-Loran

Garik-Face-Loran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2000
    oh well.... at least it looks cool..

13. JEDIBENDU17

JEDIBENDU17 Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2001
    if the trailer is going to be released next week with Monsters inc why has it not been annouced on starwars.com?

14. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Dear Miss Sil,

My discussion is on how the title will be revealed as Attack of the Mandalores during the trailers. Where should I put this?

Yours truely,
    Ternian

15. TPMrules23

TPMrules23 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2000
    This is good thinking, but: Lock the others! So many threads!

16. Brother_Bushforb

Brother_Bushforb Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2001
    The new report on the main page has early reviews of the teaser trailer. I suppose the thing about Anakin having a green lightsaber is when he pics up one of the dead Jedi's lightsaber.

But what in the hell is that pink lightning stuff!?!

17. TPMrules23

TPMrules23 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2000
    Nov 2nd? I can't believe I am going to see Monsters Inc. And on opening night...

18. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Yeah, it says the pink lightning is coming out of Obi-Wan's hands. :confused:

19. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    They probably did a reshoot where Obi-Wan in imprisoned in some kind of pink forcefield on Geonosis before being released into the arena.

EDIT

Obviously Obi-Wan will have his hands pressed up against the forcefield making his hands look pink, or look like pink light is coming out of them.

20. Brother_Bushforb

Brother_Bushforb Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2001
    He could be dangling from the assassin droid and sparks are flying out of it. It must have been an strange angle that made it appear as though he was shooting bolts.?.

It Maybe Raz. But the way the person described it is so weird. I think bolts look much different then a force field, don't they?

21. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Not unless bolts form when you touch the forcefield, like on those electric globe things.

22. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    JEDIBENDU17, I was thinking the same thing.

Its already Saturday and still no announcement. The official site NEVER updates on Saturdays or Sundays. So the earliest we will get an announcement is Monday.

If they don't announce Monday or Tuesday, I am going to start to wonder.

The trailers for TPM were announce more than a week in advance.

This is strange. Oh well.

At least it is official that the dvd.starwars.com site is going to have something supposedly BIG for us to download on November 9th!!!!

23. jedimaster chris

Nov 1, 1999
    I am hoping starwars.com announces something on Monday

24. Darth_Xio_Jade

Darth_Xio_Jade Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2001
    If anyone knows where I can get this trailer, PM me. I may be able to offer something nice in exchange.

25. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Same here, except I have nothing to offer in exchange. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.