main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD ~ The big tiding up after the big move - updated & question (incl. temp-Index) ~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    The big move of the Jedi Council / FanForce is like a real life move: Everyone is looking forward to the end of a move and especially to the time when everything is settled, just to realize that there’s much more to do than thought before.

The same goes for WNU: Almost all informational threads need an update, because a lot of information is out of date and lots of links aren’t working anymore. Even some social threads would help a new dress.

Of course, I could do everything on my own, but on the one hand I – like you – have a real life (so it would take ages) and on the other hand it’s a lot better, if we do it all together, since we are a community finally, which means 'more fun' and not just my name at all intro posts! :D

That’s why I want to ask for your help:
    Who likes to help in re-opening some social threads and updating the informational threads?

The following threads need an update or a re-opening (old links below):
    (Some threads I couldn't find the old version, so I couldn't link them. Hopefully I just overlooked them.)
    Adoptions and Welcome Newbie Party will be re-opened/updated by myself. Teh Mole will be restarted by Gangrenous very soon. The Roleplaying thread might get an update, but I have to discuss this first with one of the RPG mods.

You can also see who updates which thread and which threads is still open by taking a look at the list and if there’s a name behind the thread title.

If you see a thread, that's not listed, but which needs to be redone from your point of view as well, then feel free to post it here. The same goes for having new ideas, either for an existing thread or anything else. Let me know and we'll speak about it. Maybe your idea works! :)

So… Who wants to help? J

PS: One thread that won't be changed is the http://boards.theforce.net/threads/sexual-harassment-policy.28943442/{/URL}]Sexual[/url] Harassment Policy. But it will be listed in the index.

New versions - mini-Index:
    - Newbie Adoption
    - Social Groups and threads (partly finished)
    - Newbie Welcome Party
    - Teh Mole Game
    - WNU Guide to FanFics
    - Map of the Boards
    - Pillow Fight
    - Glossary for Newbies
    - http://boards.theforce.net/threads/special-features-how-can-i-do-what-is.50010733/]Special[/url] Features: How can I do...? What is...?
    - Practice Mark-Up Codes

- Getting to know you: What did you do yesterday?
    - Getting to know you: Ask a questions, answer a question!
    - http://boards.theforce.net/threads/anyone-been-here-longer-than-i-have.50010130/]Meetup[/url] of real Oldbies
    - http://boards.theforce.net/threads/meme-requests.50012614/]Meme[/url] Request

Not new...
    - Hugs For Newbies and Oldbies
    - Sock Welcome Thread

Other threads for reminding myself:
    - Skiara's Away
    - Getting 20 posts
    - old Index

2. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    What about the tasks in the adoption/training thread? they surely need an overhaul now as well ?

3. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, the tasks definately need an upgrate. The new one shall be shorter all in all and fitting to the new boards.

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    I was going to offer to update that FanForce thread, thinking we'd need new chapter links. But there doesn't really seem to be anything to update in there, except for the list of GSAs. Or did you have something else in mind?

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, I guess I could open a few of the practice threads, like the Mark-Up Code one and the Pillow Fight.

6. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Skiara, please lock the old Teh-Mole thread and then I'll start the new one. :)

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    When I tested links, none worked. That's why I thought the FF thread needs an update as well. Do all the links work? Then there's just an update about the GSA left, I guess. :)

Pillow Fight would be cool - go ahead. If you like to open the MUC thread as well, please, send me the intro post before you post/open it, so we can work it out together (exchanging throughts etc).

Gangrenous, I will do so in a minute. :)

Thanks to the three of you for your help!! :D

8. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    So, I'm aware I haven't been around a lot in the past year and I've just returned last week... however, I'm willing to give a helping hand wherever needed.

The Map of the JC looks like it's something up my alley, though from the link you posted I have to ask: Are we focusing only on the main threads of the WNU? Cause I expected to see directions to most, if not all, the main hubs of every subdivision of the boards (eg. Cloud City Cantina for the SWC, Music Tavern for SW&Film Music, etc.).

9. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Well, the only other link in there is one that leads to fanforce.net, actually, so no change needed there. But I'll have a more thorough read-through on the weekend and see if I can think of anything else to add/change. :)

10. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Skiara, the new Teh-Mole thread is now up and ready for business. :D

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Nice to see you being back, Fallen! [:D]

No, the Map isn't solely about WNU. There should be a newer version and I think I remember the newer one is about the whole board and not focusing on WNU. Sadly, I can't find it. Maybe the move ate it.

Btw, I've sent you a more detailed PM. :)

Morgaine, somehow I mixed up the FF thread with another one, I think. Not sure. It's late, I'm still awake after night shift. I was sure there are tons of threads in there... Maybe there even were some later on in the intro post, because the FF thread got truncated during the move obviously. Thus, I wouldn't mind, if there are links to the (main) chapters - to all of them would be a bit too much I guess. ;)

Thanks, Gangrenous! :D
    Have fun with the new version!! :D

@ all who are helping:
    It would be great, if you could send me your finished update before you're going to post it. I like to read it first. This way we don't have to change/fix things after it's up already and we stay on the same line. Thanks to you all! :)

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Will do. I'll get some ideas on those threads in the coming few days.

13. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    I guess you were thinking of the same thread as me then, we definitely had a "map of FanForce boards" at some point... well, as I said, I'll look into it on the weekend. Will definitely run the draft by you before posting! :)

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Let me know what you need from the EUC, Fallen has got me on some things, but if I can help and guide newbies to the Expanded Universe threads then I'm all for it!

15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Back to volunteer.

RPF have shut down the Academy and Adoptions programme, so that thread can be locked.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Gunny, I'm looking forward to your ideas. But don't wonder, if I don't answer as fast as usual. I'm on holidays for a week. :)

Morgaine, that might be. :)

Adalia, it's cool to see you here. Best thing would be working together with Fallen. She and Volshe are updating the Map of the Boards, which will contain a little information about EUC. If you have other ideas, I would like to hear them. :) Oh, and of course, you're welcome to welcome newbies (and if they seem to be interested in EUC, hinting them there). :)

I saw it, Sithy. Is there anything else you want to volunteer for? :)

@all: I'm offline for the next week. In case you have any questions about the big tidying up, I ask you for some patience. I'll answer those questions when I'm back online. :)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  17. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I hope that you enjoy your holiday! [:D]

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, I enjoyed them a lot! :D

So... any news? How far are you with your threads? I just started working on mine again. :)

19. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Getting ready to start our first game. We don't have a full roster but I guess it will have to do.

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

Arh, you know me too well.. ;)

I'm just here for your entertainment! ;)

Shshshs Secret Adam Lambert Fan here .... [face_blush][face_shhh]

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  21. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Not so secret anymore, Addie. :p

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  22. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Yeah that failed big time Addie. :p

23. Admiral Volshe