main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Mertroid, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jodo-Fett

Jodo-Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm really shy but I got 100% on it because I knew what I was talking about, plus I wasn't wearing my glasses so I couldn't see the other kids faces. :p

I just got three new books.
    1) A Storm of Swords, by George R. R. Martin (1177 Pages)
    2) X-Men 2, by the motion picture and a lot of other names are on it. (408 pages)
    3) Warcraft: The Last Guardian (3rd one of the series) by Jeff Grubb (308 pages)

thats a total of 1893 pages.

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh those sound so cool [face_laugh] I wish you the best luck on reading them.

3. Jodo-Fett

Jodo-Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Ya I just have to find the time to read them.

4. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Sounds cool, I will look into it. Please once I get the thread up n the EU community for SW Social Book Club, please come in and share with those about you about it in greater detail. :)

6. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Well I guess I maybe got someone to read it for I had reccommended it to everyone too! You see it is AN AWESOME BOOK! That was awesome! Great details and I love the action and everything going on. :D
    Yes it is a great book! READ IT! :D

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay,I am sorry for the lateness, but eeryone who is intersted or i curenly reading an EU book, please join our discussions here at the official ~EU Social Reading Caf'e~ :)

8. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    EU book? A Star Wars book? [face_laugh]
    I'm not sure here. lol :D

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] Just come on in, and join [fac_grin] we don't bite. [face_laugh]

10. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    I know that but what is an Eu book? lol [face_laugh]
    A Star Wars one?! :D

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yep, any Star Wars related book that you've read, come on down and share it.

12. Jedi_Blues

Jedi_Blues Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Er, if any of you are fantasy lovers, the Dark Elf trilogy by R. A. Salvatore is amazing. I think he also wrote a Star Wars book. Rogue Squadron I'm thinking for some reason? I may be mistaken. Also, any Stephen King book is also a must read. I'm on Dreamcatcher right now and it's bloody brilliant.

13. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  14. Jedi_Blues

Jedi_Blues Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Hey... Rogue Squadron, Vector Prime.. same thing. I was close. n_-.. Thanks for filling in the correct information.

15. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  16. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Well maybe I'll go there. Yeah Vector Prime I want to start. I've read the Ep2 book and I'm off to that one too. :D

17. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I am still in the middle of Ep.II I got bored during the dinner scene with Padm'e's family & Anakin. It seemed never ending 8-} Yet the book is quite good, I think now I am back to the Kaminos, and Obi-Wan.

18. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    I've read Vector Prime 3 times. As Jangofett316 pointed out it is the first book in the NJO series. Which by the way is a very good series. When I started it I read Vector Prime, then I read Edge of Victory 1: Conquest up to the next one. Then I went back to the one after Vector Prime. And read through them all from there. Now I have all but the first five novels in the NJO series. The next book comes out in June and the series should finish sometime towards the end of the year. Which I really don't want it to.

19. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    An EU book is an Epanded Universe book. Which means it takes place after the movies. Some of them take place during, before, and in between the movies. The first one that was wriiten(but not published) was Splinter of the Mind's Eye by Alan Dean Foster. It was intended to be a T.V movie just in case ANH didn't fare well in the theatres. but we all know how that turned out. Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy(which were published in 1995) were the start of a new era of Star Wars novels.

20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    *slaps head* Oh oka I ee now, then that means that Ep.II is not considered a Expanded Universe book, then I guess, huh? 8-} Oh the I better go cange that one post in th EU Social Caf'e [face_laugh]

21. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Thank you for that explanation. :D

22. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  23. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh, was it? Maybe another book to add to my already long book list. If I could nly get past Ep.II, maybe though its for the best. 8-}

24. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    It turns out the next NJO book, The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II:Refugee is to be released this month which is really good. I think Barnes and Noble has it right now. Another EU book that came out this month is Tatooine Ghosts. It looks really good.

25. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    SWEET! :D
    Okay I'm kicking off the books I already have on my list and those are on my list and I am so at Barnes and Nobles and getting those books! [face_laugh]
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.