main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Chiss fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ROE_Biggs, Mar 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    They've been going great. Thanks for asking.

:p

2. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Dear me. *rolls eyes*

3. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    I'm so glad I've managed to convince you that the Fel family is worthy of the admiration given when you use the family name.

Pretty well, Mitth. How about yourself?

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    To tell the truth not so well. I don't know what happened but for the past three days I've been sicker then a dog after eating a bag of chocolate, yup that about sums up the feeling and condition.

Have any big plans with the convert besides hiding your Thrawn?

5. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Surprise, I'm randomly back! :D

6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Senate News Today and Yesterday:

"The Senate is currently discussing having a spoiler thread, similar to the one in the Literature boards, and combining all spoilers into that. We're hoping that discussion can be generated in the EUC in a manner not the same as on the Lit boards so that people on the EUC have a place to discuss the books before the spoiler period is over without the chance of spoiling those who don't want to be spoiled. This would also be used to build community as you'd interact with more people other than just those of your fanclub when the new books come out. Please notify your senator if you have anything to add to the discussion, or come to the Senate and post your opinion there. We're looking for ways to differentiate our thread from the Lit thread. Thank you."

Main headliner today is NEILA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Gives Neila a big ole' bear hug*[:D] Welcome back! How have you been? Where've you been? It's great to see you again.:D

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Sorry to have to double post but I got an idea and was wondering what you all would think. Would you like us to participate in the, ugh, that thingy the...EU Tours that's it[face_blush]

8. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    There are some new Chissy Halloween icons. Yay.

9. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    New icons! :D

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    New icons? Hooray!

11. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    They still have the Who icons up! :eek:
    -clings- [face_love] :p

So. Chiss. :D

12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Wonderful! or would it be Brilliant!?

13. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Ahoy, my blue skinned brethren!

I was just recently elected Chancellor in the EUS, and I'm looking for ways at getting user involvement increased. I'd really love to hear your opinion about what you guys think. Feel free to PM me/post any ideas you have, any opinions, or anything you'd like to see the Senate do this term. My PM box is open for anything you guys would like to say/see enacted.

Thanks!

14. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    I've noticed there hasn't been much posting activity here in awhile, but I figured I'd ask here anyway.

I'm currently (trying) to piece together a fanfic story, and the main character is a Chiss. I'm a bit confused about the naming system for Chiss however, and I was hoping one of you could help out. :) I understand to concept of how the abbreviated name works, but does the full name name (ie. Mitth'raw'nuruodo) have something to do with the ruling family? And does EVERY Chiss have a long fancy name, or only members of ruling familys or.... I'm confused. 8-}

I tried checking out Wookiepedia, but it has SO much information it's overwhelming. [face_hypnotized] Thank you so much, and I hope I'm not being a bother!

15. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Hello new person! :)

The end section of the name(in Thrawn's case, 'nuruodo') is the ruling family's name. Again in Thrawn's case, that would be House Nuruodo.

I'm not sure if every Chiss has a long name, but it seems the majority of them do.

I hope this helps you! Good luck with the story, I'd like to read it! :)

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thrawn is fully correct.

If I remember correctly, all chiss have a long name but not all belong to a ruling family house, as thrawn and his brother didn't before joining house nuruodo. In joining the house they changed their last portion of their name from whatever comon nonruling family name to nuruodo.

I hope that helps and please let us know when you publish your fanfic, I know we'll look forward to reading it!

17. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Thank you so much for your help guys! [:D] I really appreciate it! I probably won't need to use that information until later, but you've really been a help!

The story link is in my sig if you wanna check it out ;)

Thanks again!

18. Anyara

Anyara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2006
    Alas, there's not enough fanfic with Chiss. Everything's either Jedi or Mandalorians, it seems.

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yup, personally I don't understand why there aren't more stories dealing with our at least equally interesting (if not more so) Chiss, or even the other races.

20. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm all for some Chiss/Wookiee slash.

21. Anyara

Apr 14, 2006
    *smacks Prenn upside the head* No! Bad Prenn!

22. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Bad Prenn!
    Sit in that corner and cry!

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Great news everyone! At those who enjoythe Chiss, in the SWC Species Tournament the Chiss where voted the Favorites of SW after a long and gruelling battle!!!:D

24. Anyara

Apr 14, 2006
    Right . . . time to resuscitate this thread, I reckon.

During my latest re-read of Outbound Flight, I realised something curious: the Chiss seem to use miles as their primary middle-distance unit. Thrawn tells Car'das that 10,000 visvia is rougly equivalent to 16,000 km. If you run the maths, that comes out as visvia:km being about 1.6:1 - the same ratio as miles:km.

Anybody else noticed this, or am I being particularly geeky?

25. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, I'd noticed that too, but subsequently forgot about it. Just another brick in the wall supporting my "Earth is in the Unknown Regions" theory... :D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.