main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Chosen One Rises - Alternate ROTS novel (based off the Stover novel) *Completed*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker3248, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    I really like how you managed the destruction of Palpatine, Anakin offered mercy all the time, until there was no choice but to release the energy, I just loved it!!! Can't wait to see what you write later, this has been amazing :), be well and take care.

2. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Ooohhh, Anakin! You're going to have the Mother of all migraine headaches after that. Martini?

[face_laugh]

If electricity could be generated out of stories than I say stick a fork in the energy crisis , its done!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Wow!!!!

=D= =D=

3. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohhhh Obi-Wan needs to get to Anakin to make sure he is alright very very soon Skywalker, I am on pins and needles. How absolutely exciting that he seems to have defeated Sids, and Obi-Wan and Artoo dismantled the code before it got out. I'm awaiting the next post anxiously. Very well done.

4. Teresa

Teresa Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2007
    Sigh....Sidious should have remembered that " only a Sith deals in absolutes " and realized that as Spock once said " there are always possibilities. " It was great seeing how Anakin looked beyond Sidious's zero-sum belief and saw that there was another way. But then, Sidious's could never seriously see that he could lose. He felt that even in defeat he could extend the Dark Side through his opponents and destroy them. That's the same attitude he showed to Mace in their duel after all. The frightening thing is that it was possible but luckily both Mace and Anakin managed to step back from the edge. It was sad watching Anakin attempting to save Palpatine's soul.....but then Sidious/Palpatine had cast all for power and honestly he'd have never agreed to be severed from the Force just to keep his life. I liked watching Obi-Wan and R2 work together and take out Order 66! Obi-Wan might never admit it but I think that R2 and C3P0 are more than just droids to him too! ;) It was nice seeing how Master Fisto kept one eye on the clones as he waited for the mission to conclude. Now Obi-Wan just has to find Anakin, and the Jedi and the Republic can start to rebuild. This has been an excellent story, and I look forward to the rest with anticipation! Many thanks!!!! =D= :D

5. DarthJishyWishy

DarthJishyWishy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2007
    I told you they would own the Sith
    :D

6. Skywalker3248

Skywalker3248 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey everyone one,

ZebulaNebula ? Yep, that was definitely as close as it gets! Glad you liked the cancellation order, and I have to admit, some of the first Matrix movie imagery sprang to mind as I wrote this. I?m glad the Force binding response of Anakin?s surprised you a little ;) .

CommanderK23 ? Glad you liked the final confrontation between Anakin and Sidious, Shadow and Chosen One. And read on to see if Obi gets to Anakin in time?

Erin_21 ? Glad you liked how I wrote the demise of Palpy/Sidious, Anakin had to offer him mercy, if for no other reason then all he (Anakin has just been through and seen) and because of the friend that used to be there (on Anakin?s side at least), but your right, Sidious was to lost to the dark side to ever accept.

Jedi_Queen_Mx ? Indeed, Anakin won?t be feeling to well at all after that (maybe he should have just killed Sidious, only joking). And I?m honoured you think so much of the story, thanks!

FitJedi ? Yep, Obi definitely needs to get his skates on and get of Anakin quickly. I?m glad you liked Sidious end, and how Obi and Artoo stopped Order 66, glad it seems to have come off. Thank you for the compliments and I hope you enjoy the next bit.

Teresa ? Indeed, Sidious could only ever see in black and whites, and could never even entertain the possibility that there could be another way, other then the options that you saw. His confidence in the power of the dark side was misplaced, believing that it would also succeed in the end, even, as you say, when he was defeated. Your also right that he displayed this attitude with Mace as well, and that Anakin and Mace were both luckly that they managed to step back from the edge (Anakin maybe too times, at the beginning and just now), and for a good take on how Mace would look turned to the dark side I?d advise everyone to read Souderwan?s Fall of the Sith, it?s a very good story. Your also quite right that Sidious would never give up the dark side to live, certainly not to be simple Palpatine the man, and in truth even until the end believed the dark side would grant him victory anyway. And I think you just might be right about Obi :D . And to find out how Obi finds Anakin read on, and thanks for the compliments.

DarthJishyWishy ? indeed, they have certainly mastered the Sith, showing that a true Jedi is a match for any Sith Lord (as Bastila says in KOTOR)

-----------------------------------Psychic Backlash------------------------------------------

Beside Bail and Mon Mothma, Padmé stood on the Chancellor?s Podium about to send out an announcement on a broad signal over Coruscant, to help still the panic and unrest that had been sweeping throughout the city-planet since the Holo-Net had been taken down. Rumors had been spreading fast that a second Separatist attack was imminent leading to the resultant chaos that was spreading across the Districts of Coruscant. Riots had been breaking out in some areas, while general fear and uncertainty was gripping the rest of the planet, and likely much of the Republic. However, until the HoloNet was restored there was no way of contacting the rest of the Republic, and so for the moment they focused on dealing with the crisis unfolding in the Republic?s capital. In this, just as some of the gathered Senators had began to demand some action be taken, no doubt concerned that their property might be looted in any resultant rioting, Padmé and the Senators had just received some good news. The clone troopers stationed around the Senate, kept under that watch of surveillance droids Padmé had sent to keep a discrete eye on them, had received a holo-image of Chancellor Palpatine who had announced ?command: Order Cancellation,? upon which the clones had seemed to return to their normal behaviour. Contacting the Jedi Temple, Padmé had managed to establish that this situation seemed to be the case the case across Coruscant, and in the orbiting fleet above. Senators and their aides had looked across the Senate Arena at each other in relief as they real

7. DarthJishyWishy

May 4, 2007
    *First Post*
    [face_skull]
    Whoa, some unknown evil in the Unknown Regions?
    :eek:
    Doesn't look like this story is ending anytime soon...
    [face_thinking]
    Amazing detail
    =D=

8. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Whoa ... Anakin's touched what none before has and lived. A threat in the Unknown Regions ... sounds familiar. I take it that Padme has gone into labor. And only when the Jedi can accept love can true balance be found.

9. Teresa

Mar 9, 2007
    Cheers!!!!!!!!!! Obi-WAn and R2 rescued him!!!! I'm also glad to see that Qui-Gon and company stopped Anakin before he couldn't return to his body......and at least the Jedi will have time to prepare for the new menance. It might take some time to get used to all the changes, but in the end the Jedi will be stronger for it. Here's hoping that Yoda will head back with them too, I'll bet that every Jedi healer really wants their hands on that group! Shakes head....I always suspected that Bail and Mon knew about Padme and Anakin! I'll bet that Obi-Wan and Mace beat all records flying to Coruscant..... Thanks for another great chapter!!! :D =D=

10. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I liked the final battle... you give very good descriptions and you keep the pace fast so it is enjoyable to read. One comment-- you use the phrase "chain lightning" extensively. It is a good descripter, but you did use it frequently.

I look forward to seeing what this darkside power is... vong?, Chiss, Exar Kuns long lost twin brother in carbonite?

11. NickStarwalker

NickStarwalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    Could the presence that spoke to Anakin be none other than Revan himself? Cause a threat in the unknown regions, being strong in the dark side, fit the description.

12. satanat_solo

satanat_solo Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    *de lurks*

(yes, i am still reading this fic [face_whistling] )

weeee!!! :D

that was fun!

I'm so glad you've continued this story, I've been bad and not reviewed though.... sorry...

ahem, am all caught up now, and most impressed.
    Your last chapters are just as well written as the first ones that got me hooked on this story. I'm looking forward to seeing how you version of things will end, (and then a sequel? hmm? now that you've mentioned this evil presence lurking in the unknown regions?:D please?)

13. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    :eek: o_O [face_hypnotized]

Most.wicked.post.yet.

:cool:

Are we jumping ahead one generation here with that reference?

o_O [face_thinking]

I must say it would be very intriguing to see some of the post Jedi EU plots start after the post One EU. Ohh, to see Anakin in his prime with his up-and-coming son, Luke, by his side! Like father, like son!

But, knowing those Skywalker men, Luke may prove himself to be a handful, too!

[face_laugh]

Thanks!

:)

14. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Loved the "in limbo" scene, it was so perfect. It really described why Anakin needs to survive and finish his pathway of being the Chosen One. I'm also glad to see that Obi-Wan listened to him and is taking him to Padme- I think after everything that has happened that he needs to see her as much as she needs to see him.

15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Delurking ...

I have to say how much I've been enjoying this story. I got tingles when Anakin rejected the Dark Side; I had tears in my eyes as Anakin described how it felt after rejecting Palpatine, heading back to set in motion a plan to save the Republic; I've got those chills up and down my spine just reading the last update. Reading this story has felt like galloping alongside the Knights of the Round Table -- it's been so very long since I read a story where good carries the day for once! (And, I might add, such a long time since I got these good vibrations from a fanfic!)

And from the looks of it, it ain't anywhere near done yet! From the looks of it, Anakin still hasn't reached his fullest potential yet -- I think he's still -- getting -- stronger! :D

EDIT: That dark side presence isn't the Vong, is it? Oh man ... :(

16. Jedi-Master-Jurron

Jedi-Master-Jurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    Ooooh could that darkness be the Yuuzhan Vong:p I would love to see this story carry on into that era!!! Way to go mate and keep up the fantastic work!

17. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey everyone,

DarthJishyWishy ? Glad you liked those last posts, and with a threat lying in the Unknown Regions, the Republic and Jedi so weak from the Clone Wars, they certainly can?t afford to take any holidays?

ZebulaNebula ? Indeed, Anakin has began to see further into the mysteries for the Force than anyone. Read on to see if you?re right about Padme going into labour, and you?re right, only until Jedi learn to accept and learn to how to live with love in all its kinds? kind will they and the galaxy achieve true balance.

Teresa ? Indeed, we can always Obi and Artoo to mount a quick rescue, and Anakin still has too much to do both for the galaxy and personally for Qui-Gon and the mysterious presence to let him enter the eternal realms of the Force. And your right, it will certainly take the Jedi some time to get used to all the changes, but after the Wars and with the support of certain Jedi Masters they will be prepared to accept it, and as you say, they will become stronger for it. And like you, I always suspected Bail and Mon Mothma would know something about Anakin and Padme, and just chose to say nothing about it. Thanks for the compliments and to find out if Yoda and co might be following Anakin and Obi to Coruscant read on?

Ocelotl_Nesto ? Glad you liked that the final battle, sorry about using the ?chain-lighting? descriptor so much, I liked it, but your right; looking back it as a little bit overused, oh well. Exar Kun?s long lost twin brother frozen in carbonite, hmm

NickStarwalker ? Revan, hmm, I couldn?t possible comment?[face_whistling] :D

satanat_solo ? Glad to know you?re still reading and enjoying the story, and no probs about not reviewing it, I just glad you liked the last posts so much. Hope you like the next posts, and as for a sequel, well Anakin, Obi and co, certainly have a whole new threat looming on the horizon so this story could be definitely be continuing in a sequel?

Jedi_Queen_Mx ? Good to know that you liked that post so much. Indeed, a Anakin/Luke partnership would be something to see, and for a early appearance of Luke read on?

FitJedi ? I?m very glad to hear that you liked the ?limbo? scene so much, it certainly enabled Anakin to see that his role as Chosen One extends beyond simply defeating the Sith, but also in helping the Jedi achieve balance with themselves and the galaxy. And I agree, he definitely needs to see Padme as much as she needs him, for more that read on?

Saintheart ? It great to hear that you?ve enjoyed this story so much, I?m happy to read that you liked how Anakin rejected the dark side, his sorrow but determination at rejecting Palpatine, and that you like the last posts so much. It?s good to know that you feel the ride?s been enjoyable, and that this fan fic is giving you such good vibrations, and yes, Anakin has not yet achieved his full potential, nor his full destiny?

Jedi-Master-Jurron ? I?m glad you?ve liked this story. As for the nature of the dark side threat, well, that will have to wait until a new story?

And here the next story, now I have to say up front as of yet I?ve had no children of my own, so I wrote the next bit with a little bit of trepidation (not exactly being present at a child-birth), so hopefully you?ll be easy on me reading the next bit.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

----------------------------Unexpected Arrivals----------------------------------------------

Bail stood in the main MedLab within the Senate, looking with concern at the figure of Padmé, lying on the bed of the med-lab, who was looking increasingly pale and ill. After they had made the announcement to Coruscant concerning Palpatine?s treachery, Bail had made sure that Padmé had gone to the MedLab, accompanying her to make sure she had arrived all right, as she had been growing weaker as soon as they left the Senate Office for the MedLab, leaning increasingly on his arm. As soon as they had arrived the med-droids had Padmé admitted immediately, and determined upon examination that although the basic cause of he

18. DarthJishyWishy

May 4, 2007
    YEAH!!!!!!!!
    [face_dancing]
    Happy Happy Happy
    Too bad I'm guessing it won't be so happy after they find out about the "unkown evil."
    :(

19. Teresa

Mar 9, 2007
    Hmmmm...it makes perfect sense that Anakin's battle would have affected Padme! It wouldn't surprise me if his his link to her in the PT was part of the reason she died: she might have been acting as a buffer between the twins and the darker energy of their father. Add in the shock as well, and it could have pushed her physically beyond her limits. I still think that it would have taken something more than a broken heart; maybe Palpy set something up as well. He wouldn't want anyone around to give Anakin a lifelife out of the dark side. It looks like the Council and the Republic are due for even more shocks!!! It was great to see the birth as it should have been, with the whole family there..... I'll bet that Shimi and Qui-Gon were also there, just unseen! :D As always, another excellent chapter! =D=

20. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow ... that was a happy chapter. Liked how you emphasized the bond between Anakin and Padme. Names resounding in the Force ... makes sense. Anakin's on to something about enjoying happy moments when they come. I think something's about to hit the fan in the Council though.

21. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    You know I loved it, happy little mushy scene there between all five of them. So glad to see that for the moment thing are good. Can't wait for more, Great job!

22. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I liked the happy moment... It conveyed the feelings when children are born... time does seem to slow down... but then it all comes roaring back... in this case Senate/Jedi matters.

Well done.

23. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Finally caught up!!!! *collapse*

WELL DONE!

24. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey everyone,

DarthJishyWishy ? Glad you enjoyed the birth of the twins, and indeed it is a happy moment, though there are shadows overcastting the last chapter?

Teresa ? Indeed, I always thought that the link between Anakin and Padme was particularly strong at this time, which of course, depending on how Anakin chose t go, would have significant (and perhaps deadly) effects on her. Sidious could well have been behind her death,(I wouldn?t put it past him). Anyway, there definitely some shocks for the Council to deal with, and I agree that Qui-Gon and Shimi were there, after all Anakin did say his whole family was there?:D

ZebulaNebula ? Indeed, a happy moment it was, and it is important to enjoy a happy time when it comes, it can help face troubles later on. Liked you liked how I wrote the link between Anakin and the family, and your right, things are stirring in the Council, though for good or bad, read on?

FitJedi ? Glad you liked the ?happy chapter?, and things are good for a favourite couple at the moment. There are some foreboding coming in the next bit though?

Ocelotl_Nestro ? Glad you felt the child-birth came across all right (it was a bit of a concern to get that right), anyway, read on to find out more of the Council and Senate decisions on matters?

Arcalian ? Good to see you, sorry I was so long in updating this story. And I?m happy you?ve liked how it?s gone so far, and I hope you enjoy the final instalment.

Well, here it is, the last chapter, hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------Summoned before the Council---------------------------------

Looking through a wide window across the Senate District of Coruscant, dressed in his full Jedi robes, Anakin stood within the Jedi Temple, just before the entrance to the High Council Chamber, as he awaited his summons before the Council. Looking down at his repaired artificial hand, now covered in the new Kaminoan developed synth-skin, a genetically based graft grown from his own skin cells, which unlike previous synth-skins integrated perfectly with his artificial hand and its nerve receptors, Anakin thought over the events of the past week since the battle of Mustafar. The HoloNet had been re-established and the announcement Padmé had made of Palpatine?s betrayal together with records of the crisis Senate meeting had been sent throughout the Republic. It had been met with shock and uproar, quickly followed by general cheers of support for the Loyalists and the Jedi as the evidence of Sidious? infiltration and betrayal became obvious, particularly as Senator Organa had began a public enquiry into all of Palpatine?s past dealings. This feeling had mounted as the week progressed into protests against the remains of Palpatine?s regime, seeing the Dark Lord?s statues, images and holo-projections torn down, and his local officials generally removed from power, and in some particular cases, where their involvement in Sidious? betrayal was extensive, following the Dark Lord?s remaining inner circle in being indicted and held on charges of treason. A few managed to hold onto their positions by quietly shifted their support to the Loyalist cause. At the same time a general armistice had been declared between the Republic and the remaining Separatist territories, who, now practically defenceless with the loss of the droid armada and its armies, had sent a delegation to Coruscant under the armistice to surrender under the terms of peace the Senate now offered. While the negations over the exact details of the peace were still being debated, most Separatist territories showed a desire to rejoin the renewed Republic, though a few wished to remain independent but on peaceful terms with the Republic. Before the recent crisis, Anakin thought, there would have been few in the Republic that would have accepted anything but a total and unconditional surrender, now however, the combination of the fact that Palpatine had been Darth Sidious, the true leader of the Separatists, and the fact that the entire hatred Separatist leade

25. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Well, there it is. 'Oscar speech' I'd just like to thank everyone who's read this story, both the posters and the 'lurkers', I hope you've enjoyed reading this story as much as I've enjoyed writing it, and thanks for the encourage you've given me, it kept me writing. And I'd just like to say sorry for taking so long about it at times, particular to those long-time readers who had to wait so long for the new posts. Thanks for continuing to read[:D] :D .

And I'd like to thank Souderwan too, without his encouragement I never would have begun this story in the first place.

Anyway, enough of the speech, I hope you've enjoyed this story, hopefully I'll have a sequel coming up, and I might post a little teaser to that here.

Thanks everyone [face_peace] :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.