main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.15 - Shades of Reason - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Woah woah, what.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Not really, I don't think he was trying to throw her off, he threw her near the edge to distract the guards and give him and Vizsla time to start they're fake duel.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Awww, I missed the chance to say something really creepy and perverted about cartoon characters.

DarthTalgus, Convor, Seerow and 5 others like this.
  4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh, feel free, we can always drag this thread back down. ;)

5. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    It's on Cartoon Network at 9:30 am in the morning because they were hoping to capture the Saturday Morning Cartoon Kids. They moved it from Friday because they weren't hitting their key demographic for the show. So how is it not a kids show?

6. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Mmm...now I'm going to have to go back and watch that episode again...I don't know if it was the lighting after they transformed him or what, but...

Well...uhm...anyway...

Saw the episode, "Shades of Reason" that is, watched it twice. A good continuation to the story so far. I do agree with some that popular opinion turned against the duchess perhaps a little too quickly, but then they did have to squeeze it into a 22 minute show, so I'll forgive them for that.

Nice seeing Prime Minister Almec again. Funny how they happened to stuff the duchess into the cell next to him. it definitely sounds like he enjoyed the irony of the situation, at least. It initially hadn't occurred to me that he would have a role to play in the new world order, but the episode surprised me. It made sense though, if the Sith are going to turn on the death watch, and the duchess obviously won't help them, then their options are rather limited on that point.

A minor point, I was amused by Maul's request of his apprentice for a tour of the prison block. I got a chuckle out of that.

there is a part of me that wonders if Bo Katan had a thing for Pre Visla or not. Possibly he was just someone she admired, but for whatever reason, his death was certainly a shock to her. Very masterful camera movement when he was beheaded, BTW, the timing was perfect. I'm kind of hoping she survives the arc and maybe becomes the new leader of death watch, but I guess we'll see what happens.

The battle itself was pretty good I have to say. I forget who, but someone was saying awhile back how they were tired of lightsaber duels that end a draw with one person always fleeing the scene. Well, I think this duel fixed that. Very entertaining to watch and a good finish.

Definitely looking forward to the payoff next week. Overall this arc has been an enjoyable one. I'm actually kind of glad they broke these three eps off from Revival. Revival would have struck me as a weak opening for an arc like this.

7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The entire duel was something of an homage to the ~4000-year-old fight between Mandalore the Indomitable and Ulic Qel-Droma in the Tales of the Jedi comics. Even Almec referenced it during his prison conversation with Maul. Only now, Ulic has been replaced with Maul, and Indomitable with Pre Vizsla. The fight plays out largely the same, though the details of combat are obviously different due to the location and era, and the Sith defeats the Mandalorian leader. But whereas Ulic elected to spare Indomitable, appointing him general of the Mandalorian Crusader forces he won over though his victory, Maul has no need of Vizsla. The situation is so heavily mirrored, in fact, that divisions in the Crusader ranks occurred just as they did within Death Watch, as several refused to serve an outsider.

Basically, Vizsla could have said no. He could've just signaled his people to open fire and nobody would've thought any less of him by the modern cultural standard. But Vizsla so desperately wants to emulate the Crusaders of the past that he needs to accept, he needs to prove he can do what the Mandalores of the past did, without hesitation or fear. Or else he's not as good as the historical ideal he worships.

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Btw, I still hate Maul and especially the darksaber, but I hope he puts his old lightsaber aside and takes the darksaber as his personal weapon. He earned it, it's a trophy, he should keep what he kills.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Something tells me you won't be disappointed.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ever see Wiley E. Coyote fall into the canyon? Tom and Jerry find new ways to beat the **** out of each other every week? My son is a Sonic the Hedgehog fan and I just asked him if anyone dies in it; his response was that "two hedgehogs die in Sonic Underground and then Sonic gets a new partner."

Death in the show doesn't preclude a show from being marketed to kids, even if nobody dies in Sesame Street or Barney.

And Fanboy, just got a look at that picture on my desktop. Dude. I can think of a few other male characters they need to model that way. (No, not Lux. Please.)

K'Kruhk, Esg and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Agreed, in fact, kids shows have been getting more and more violent for many years now. You get people complaining about it on the internet all the time.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You know what they say about the size of a male Zabrak's horns...

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So many "horny" puns going through my head right now...

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Hondo approves.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You know, Bo and Savage were talking to each other at one point in Eminence. I guess that's the one upside to being apprentice to a guy who lost everything below the waist - you get all the chicks.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Katee Sackhoff would never stoop so lo... remembers BSG... never mind.

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Maybe not after what went down in Shades of Reason, but they'll always have the shuttle ride to Nal Hutta.

CT-867-5309 and 07jonesj like this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm banning you from writing so that you can't create that. That's fanfiction I do not need to read.

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    And you thought Maul and Savage were horny...
    [​IMG]

20. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    On the note regarding the episode itself, I like how they kept reminders of the terrorist attack in The Mandalore Plot for the Peace Park, so aptly and ironically named.

Mia Mesharad and rumblewagon like this.
  21. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Looking at Saesee Tiin up there, I think I've gone and done it.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I believe it's the other way round for Iktotchi.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Awkward talk is awkward

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    "How's the Wookiee steak?"
    "Well, it's a little Chewy."

26. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    No, this is awkward:

Anakin Skywalker: "From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again…I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you—I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating…hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me…what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me."