main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 214: Duchess of Mandalore Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Risk is about backstabbing, so I wouldn't recommend it as a family game. I wouldn't recommend Monopoly either, to be honest.

I have also lost the game thanks to that annoying 'attack any area' card. Darth Sidious was miles away from anyone, all on his lonesome, while my army steamrolls the shattered remnants of democracy. It was beautiful, right up to the point that a sneaky two man army leaped from Mon Calamari to Coruscant and took out his Majesty.

Bah.

Rebels.

:p

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I've noticed that this thread is no longer solely about DOM, so I figue I'll ask a REALLY random question that doesn't really fit into any of the other categories:

Which version of The Force Unleashed is considered canon? By that I mean which platform is canon, or is it one of the novels? Each edition of the story is slightly different.

Sorry for the randomness, just didn't know where to ask that question.

3. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Ah, you have stumbled upon one of the things that bothers me most about SW EU and continuity. I believe they are all considered canon, with some things showing different events and perspectives of the story.

4. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    In regards to the comments about the hand-to-hand fighting, this makes a lot of sense when a Mandalorian is fighting a Jedi. Because the Mandalorian's first priority is going to be to target the lightsaber, if possible, because the Jedi is at an advantage with it.

Also bear in mind that the Mandalorians currently in the Death Watch aren't going to have the same degree of training that a full-time professional soldier in the Mandalorian army would have. No doubt the Mandalorians kept detailed records in their secret bases for future training of Mandalorian warriors, if the need arose for clandestine planning, but it's going to take some time before they are fully up to speed on all that. Given that, I think the Mandalorians in Death Watch fight quite well. Obi-Wan had his hands full with that Mandalorian assassin. :) Fortunately for him, it wasn't someone like Canderous Ordo, or worse, Mandalore. ;)

5. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I thought the assassin held his own against Obi-Wan better then Pre Viszla did. And the end it was pretty clear to me that Viszla was just merely Dooku's tool which makes me wonder how that relationship will eventually pan out.

6. Dunedain1

Oct 4, 2003
    Well, he took on Obi-Wan in a lightsaber duel, which Obi-Wan is a master at, so the odds were against him from the outset. In other words, he fought Obi-Wan in the most difficult way possible. So, taking that into account, I think he did ok. :)

As far as Dooku goes, I think the Mandalorians are just using the Separatists to give the people an excuse to revolt and join the Mandalorian warrior cause. They still want payback against the Republic after all these years. If Dooku advises restraint until a better more effective time to strike, then that serves the Mandalorian cause, so Death Watch is willing to go along with it, even if it is tempting for them to attack immediately. If they thought otherwise, then they wouldn't listen to Dooku or anyone else. Death Watch isn't really interested in the Separatist cause, they are only dedicated to the Mandalorian cause. The Separatists' war with the Republic is just a convenient opportunity for the Mandalorians to do what they want to do anyhow. :)

By the way, the Mandalorian artwork at the top of the page looks great! :)

7. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    You have a point, Dunedain..it just seemed to me that Dooku was the one calling all the shots and had the upper hand in the arrangement. And his comments to Viszla at the end made it sound like that Dooku didn't have much respect for him as an equal in the proceedings.

I don't know, I'm still on the fence with Viszla, he has the potential to be a truly menacing character, yet he just seems to be a pawn in the bigger game. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

8. Dunedain1

Oct 4, 2003
    Well, Dooku was pointing out that he has far more experience in these sort of complex political maneuverings than does Vizsla. Which is certainly true. And it's not uncommon for Dooku to have a certain air of superiority about him with just about everyone he speaks to. :)

I hope we'll see a lot more of the Mandalorians in future episodes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.