main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Combo Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Starkiller1, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkiller1

Starkiller1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    The subject is rather self explanatory, post some of your favorite combos in this thread and let us all discuss them.
    I'll start us off with one I just posted on another SWTCG board.

The combo: Luke(E) + Obi-Wan's Starfighter

What's great about Luke E in general is that not only is he a great pilot, but he can handle his own if need be in the Character arena as a 50/4/3 that can Evade 2 for 2 which ain't that bad for 5 build. Probably the best Luke for the Character arena(2 for 2 on Evade is essential), which is funny considering he is probably also the best pilot in the game. Now yes Luke(E) on Luke's X-wing(B) is also a VERY nice combo, but having him on Obi's Starfighter makes for better chances of longevity.

Let's analyze.

Luke(E) on Obi-Wan's Starfighter A =

9 build(not so great but totally worth it if Obi's SF doesn't bite it)
    50 Speed
    3 Power
    3 Health
    Critical Hit 6
    Pay 2 Force --> Evade 2
    When the battle phase starts, if Obi-Wan's Starfighter is in the Space arena, remove all damage counters from Obi-Wan's Starfighter.

Before the main problem was that Obi's Starfighter was always such a target that it was generally killed by your opponent before the next turn so you couldn't continually remove the damage or keep rolling with it's Crit Hit of 2(now 6 with Luke E).
    Now that Obi's Starfighter can Evade 2 for 2, even if a couple units roll 1 over your Evade threshold, the unit will still live and remove all the damage next turn. And the chance of rolling with a unit with a Crit Hit of 6 turn after turn is a very scary prospect for an opponent.

Very nice I must say, I didn't like any of the pilots that much in ANH(no, not even Wedge), But Luke E and the new R2 are pretty darn good.

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    nah, sorry but wedge, obi wans starfighter are much better, ill post why later.

3. Starkiller1

Mar 24, 2003
    Sure you can retreat with Wedge and get more speed and power, but I'd rather keep my space unit in the space arena and have Evade and Crit 6 instead of Crit 2.

Anyway, another combo I recently noticed is Obi-Wan's Guidance + a piloted Luke's X-wing(A). Luke's X-wing(A) already has Accuracy 1, Obi's Guidance gives it another Accuracy + 2 meaning every roll will be a hit.

4. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I saw a funny combo on Rebelbasers. Neutral Chewie piloting Sith Infiltrator. [face_laugh]

5. Ketricel

Ketricel Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    theres also the new ever devestating Pilots Speed + X-Wing Red 10 + Starfighters End. If you were to use this combo on the Death Star thats an instant 9 damage, for only 7 force and 3 build.

6. Starkiller1

Mar 24, 2003
    Yeah, that is a nice combo Ketricel(though it does 10 damage I think not 9), ya just gotta pray they don't have a Han's Evasion in hand like it seems most people with Death Star decks are using.

7. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    maybe we should add a rebel pilot to that to make it 12 damage, we could make a suicide deck!!

8. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I don't know if you would consider this a combo but here are the cards I like to play together for a really cool dark side discard/force drain deck:

Nute Gunray x2: Tap during build and opponent discard a card of their choice.
    Death Star Scanning Technician x2: Look at opponents hand and discard a card when you deploy.
    Womp Rat x2: When you deploy your opponent chooses a card to discard from hand.
    Interrogation Droid x1: You choose battle or mission to discard from opponents hand.
    Slumming on Coruscant x3: Choose opponents battle or mission card to discard.
    Down In Flames x1: Discard one of opponents speeders in gound arena.
    Rebel Surrender x1: Opponent rolled no hits in ground or character arena discard that card.
    Error In Judgement x1: Choose opponents parially built cards unless pay 5 force discard taht card.

For force drain:
    Nexu x2: All opponents abilities cost one more force.
    Capture Obi-Wan x3: opponent loses 2 force, you gain 2
    Maul's Strategy x1: Opponent loses 3 force, you gain 3 (2 if no maul in arena)
    Insignificant Power x1: Opponent loses 4 force

Now play all of these together and its quite an interesting and fun combonation and is a very entertaining game :) .

9. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    For force drain:
    Nexu x2: All opponents abilities cost one more force.
    Capture Obi-Wan x3: opponent loses 2 force, you gain 2
    Maul's Strategy x1: Opponent loses 3 force, you gain 3 (2 if no maul in arena)
    Insignificant Power x1: Opponent loses 4 force

Add Poggle the Lesser and Greedo to that ;)

10. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ooh thats a good idea and I have both of them too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.