main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Consequence of Love" a USJS AU of Cali & Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Mar 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000

=*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

?Hey, Cali, wait up!?

Cali-Ana paused and reshouldered her bag as she turned to find Ane Oligi hurrying up the hall towards her. It was more than a relief to find someone she was not close to but still considered friends with. Her last class had just ended and she was heading for the apartment to do her homework. ?Hi, Ane,? she said sincerely as he caught up.

?Hi.? The tall Padawan ran a hand nervously through his black spiked hair, an act that she?d only seen him do since Jane had renounced him. ?How was your day?? he asked with a crooked smile.

If it had been from anyone else, Cali would have immediately become paranoid, but unless Obi-Wan had had the time to indulge Ane in her behavior, she was safe. ?Busy.?

?Yeah, you weren?t at lunch. Obi had to go snuff you out.? Ane fingered his black braid absently and she knew he wanted to say something.

?Are you and Jane on better terms yet?? she asked softly, knowing immediately the source of Ane?s dilemma.

The green eyes clouded as he nodded. ?I tried to talk to Obi-Wan, but he?s really blissful, you know? Though, today he seemed distracted. Something bugging him??

Cali shrugged. ?Not that I know of.? //Liar!//

?Hmm. Well,? Ane shoved his hands into his pockets and watched his feet as he walked.

Cali bit her lip. She definitely wasn?t the one to hand out advice about relationships. ?This is my apartment,? she said as they passed to door. ?I have to go, but, um, I?m sure Obi-Wan would listen if you talked to him. He is a good listener, even if he is blissful.?

?Yeah.?

When she entered the apartment, Cali was overjoyed to find it empty. Maybe Ruj had to stay after class and evaluate Jane?s disgust for the exotic and bizarre meals he cooked for Galactic Cuisine. The stories of the ?alien food consumption endurance? class were entertaining but she felt immense pity for the sorry souls who had to ?endure? the class.

Although she could have checked-out several texts from the archives, Cali didn?t want to risk Ruj seeing the pregnancy information in her room, nor her name be on the list. So, she had her homework to keep her busy for a few hours before supper.

Even as she worked on conjectures and investigations in her mathematical class, her mind kept wandering to lunch. It had been too close. If Obi-Wan had seen the terminal screen or she?d slipped, it could have been disastrous. Already he knew something wasn?t right, and he was hurt that she hadn?t told him. While she wanted to come up with an excuse so he wouldn?t feel rejected, she couldn?t bear lying to him more than she already had. Well, it wasn?t exactly a lie, it was just a thread of the truth.

Cali wondered if she could talk with Leona, but she also didn?t want to be a burden. It was enough that the healer was going to help her and keep it a secret, but there was no sense in pestering her until necessary. What excuse would she come with for check-ups? When would they begin ultrasounds?

It was already impossible to concentrate on schoolwork. Cali left her work on the kitchen table and entered the refresher. Just as the day before, her stomach was perfectly flat, but she still stared at it from every angle to be sure. How long was it until she showed? The fourth or fifth month? She could still hide it for most of the term, Leona had said. There were even some who could hide it nearly the entire length! Would she be that lucky, or would she be someone who swelled like a balloon?

?Hello!?

Cali?s head snapped up at the sound of Ruj entering the apartment. Licking her lips, she quickly straightened her tunic, took several deep breaths, and entered the living room, plastering a smile on her face. ?Hi, Master!?

Ruj looked faintly surprised by her enthusiastic greeting. ?I see you had a good day??

?Couldn?t be any better than I expected,? Cali answered truthfully. With more determination than before, she set to work on her studies.

?Uh-huh.? Ruj crossed his arms and studied her. The girl didn?t look

2. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Cali, you should tell him. Silence only makes things worse!

Very enjoyable story, Ami!

3. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  4. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I agree. I think Cali should speak with Ruj. The man can be hotheaded at times but he's understanding and will be a good confidant.

Good post Amidolee!

5. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    =*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

Musical laughter greeted Obi-Wan as he entered his apartment, and the Padawan was torn between groaning loudly to warn his Master and Knight Rinani that he was here and prone to retching from their antics or simply racing to his room and escaping in his studies. He was saved from both as the light form of the blonde woman entered the living room, waving her spatula in a defensive position. Kithera Rinani?s gleeful giggle ended in a shriek as Qui-Gon entered the room, dough matted in his long hairs.

Obi-Wan could only roll his eyes at his Master?s ridiculous appearance. Ever since Qui-Gon and Kithera had unofficially officially become involved in a relationship, Obi-Wan had felt as if he were the Master. It was nice that Qui-Gon was bit more laid back, and that he wasn?t an angry Sith now that they had settled a fight about Kithera spiking the punch, but Obi-Wan sometimes grew concerned about this new side of his Master.

?I?ll be in my room to escape the flying food,? Obi-Wan called, already reaching the door.

Kithera cackled, bouncing lightly on her feet as she evaded Qui-Gon?s approach. The Jedi Master scowled at Obi-Wan to hide his embarrassment at being caught in such a state. ?Very good, Padawan.?

The door shut behind him and he tossed his bag down on the floor before flinging himself down onto the neat, tucked bed. Kithera Rinani was young, and Ane had once said that Obi-Wan would have been a more suitable date than Old Man Jinn. Obi-Wan held no such attraction to the flamboyant Knight, but neither did he hold much resentment. According to Qui-Gon, Kithera?s boisterous, youthful attitude was a protection shield for her. Her Master had died before she could reach Knighthood, and since she was nearly at the point of transformation, the Council granted her the title. Kithera had been devastated and the pain had been too great for her to handle. She hid her pain behind an aloof, free-spirited mask.

Not too long ago, Obi-Wan had realized that Kithera and Cali-Ana shared this reasoning, and any misgivings about the Knight had faded. He was happy that his Master could help Kithera accept life as Obi-Wan knew he was helping Cali grow from her past.

Still . . . there were moments we he wanted to throttle the adults.

It wasn?t fair that Qui-Gon?one of the rumored most unfeeling Jedi Masters of the Order, though Obi-Wan disagreed?could carry a rather curious relationship with Kithera and that he was forbidden to express his own feelings for Cali.

Obi-Wan felt no guilt for what he had done with Cali that night of the dance. He loved her, and not even the Council could bridle that. Everything had become even more certain after he?d made love to her, and even though it was painful to not be able to even kiss her as a greeting, it had given him assurance and strength to obey the rules.

When Obi-Wan was in a particularly feisty mood, he would silently slander Qui-Gon. How could his Master even put on such displays in front of him? The Padawan would convince himself that Qui-Gon was rubbing his happiness in his face. It was an unfair judgment, Obi-Wan knew, but it did not stop such thoughts at times. It wasn?t fair that adults could excuse childish behavior for themselves, but his very real, very strong love for Cali was thought of as merely young infatuation.

The low chuckle and high giggle of the Knights caused Obi-Wan to grit his teeth. With a start, Obi-Wan jumped back to his feet and grabbed his bag. There was no way he was going to be able to talk with his Master while Kithera was here.

?I?m going to Garen?s!? Obi-Wan shouted as he pulled on his boots. He glanced towards the kitchen, where he could see Kithera?s dancing foot.

?These are really good, Kitten,? Qui-Gon said. Kithera whispered something that Obi-Wan could not hear. The Jedi Master cleared his throat. ?That?s fine, Padawan! Have a nice evening!?

?Yeah, you too,? Obi-Wan said softly as he stepped out into the hallway. Usually Obi-Wan would escape to Cali?s, but judging by

6. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan in so many ways. He's just getting it from all sides. His Master's being silly, Cali's ignoring him....

At least he's got his food!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yes, as long as Obi-Wan has his food, not all hope is lost! :p

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awww this is so good Amidolee!! YOu potray Cali's feelings so well!! I guess I like this story so much because I can *kind* of relate to it since my sister was in that same position when she was 17, my parents suggested adoption (Abortion was not an option) but she wouldn't hear of it, or her boyfriend. And hey, I got a niece (which is now 3) and a brother in law to tease out of it! ;) (And a nephew, they work fast ;))

I cant wait for more!

9. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Yay....lots more story to read! Poor Obi...poor Cali...! This is going very well, Ami!

aa :)

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I have a cousin that had a kid when she was 16. She kept it and he's an adorable 5 now :)

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ======
    ======

?Cali! Kenobi is here!?

Usually, it was Cali who bounded to the door at the familiar knock and tossed a hasty good-bye to Ruj, but today she was slow to remove herself from her room. She knew that she couldn?t avoid Obi-Wan, and such an action would immediately have everyone suspicious. ?Coming!?

Obi-Wan was waiting in the doorway when she came into the front room. There was a note of anxiety in his emotions, which made her both wary and curious. He spotted her and his lips twitched in a slight smile. //Oh no, what now?// Cali grabbed her robe and pulled it on. ?So, who?s hungry?? she asked lightly, determined to save face.

The moment they were outside, Obi-Wan did an about-face, blue eyes intense. ?Cali, I know what is bothering you, and I want to make sure that there is no misunderstanding between us.?

Cali swallowed. How did he find out? Why did he only look upset and not nauseated as she had been? ?Y-yes??

Obi-Wan pressed his lips together for a moment. ?When you were talking about eloping . . . I thought you were just joking around, but I didn?t realize that you might be hinting at it for real . . .?

All her blood rushed to her feet, and Cali felt delirious with relief. Then amusement caused her throat to tickle with a laugh, but she held back as Obi-Wan plunged on, every line in his stance expressing his plead. For his sake, she bit the inside of her cheek to keep from shaking with giggles.

? . . . I love you more than anything, but I just don?t think that we?re old enough for marriage. I mean, I won?t even be a Knight for maybe seven or more years . . . oh, Cal! Please don?t cry!?

The strain of not laughing caused her eyes to well with tears. How could she tell him that the reason why she was so happy was because he had interpreted her behavior for a joke about eloping? Of course they weren?t old enough to marry! Just old enough to have a baby . . .

Strangely, this was sadistically funny to her. Not in an amusing lightness, but for the ironic symbolism in it. Wiping furiously at her eyes, she fought to hold onto this sudden uplifting moment. ?I?m not crying, silly,? she coughed out, unable to hold back the smile. ?I?m laughing at you!?

?What?? Obi-Wan?s brow furrowed in confusion.

?I said, I?m laughing at you! You?re cute when you look as if the world?s fallen out from under you.?

The Padawan exhaled. ?You mean . . . you didn?t want to elope?? Had he just made matters worse?

Cali shook her head. ?I was joking, okay??

?You?re not upset??

?No, now let?s go eat.? Obi-Wan?s posture and expression completely relaxed as they entered the cafeteria. Thoughts begged to be contemplated and studied in her mind, but she kept her mind on purely the present. She wasn?t going to think about her future or anyone else?s. Her only concern was to eat.

Conversation tended to be the usual gossip from Sifa?s end, grumbling about inconsiderate and Sithly mentors, and the usual graphic description of the origins of the food on Ane?s behalf. Along with the mandatory baby meat jokes, there was bantha liver, Twi?lek eyes, and even rancor toes. It was an interesting array of imagination, and Cali was able to sink back into the peer atmosphere.

?Oh! Cali, I think that we should conduct our annual Padawan Poll early this year so you and Jane and the other students can participate,? Sifa broke in with a wicked grin. There was a collective groan from Lina and Meri.

?The Padawan Poll?? Cali asked curiously, noticing Obi-Wan?s slight blush and Ane?s scowl.

?It?s a tradition amongst the female population to configure and analyze the male population on which Padawan is the hottest. Alex Arieh has been the winner so many times, hasn?t he, Meri??

?I like to use it as blackmail,? the slender Padawan grinned. Her dark eyes glittered with mischief as she narrowed her gaze on Obi-Wan and Ane.

?Sounds interesting,? Cali smirked, watching as Obi-Wan continued to grow pink. ?Has Obi-Wan ever made the top??

The ripple of giggles was

12. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I could feel Cali's relief when Obi thought she had wanted to elope! Too funny!

?What?s wrong with enjoying what the Force supplies?"---gotta agree with Sifa there!

14. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    The Padawan Polls in the hands of Sifa are bad enough but now Cali too??
    Oh man...this is gonna get ugly! I can't wait!!

15. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    My niece is a twirpy 5 year old, we should hook em up ;)

Great post by the way, I think Obi shoulda gone for eloping, if their old enough to do the *Wild* Thing, they'red old enought to get married ;) I can't wait for more Ami!!!!

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Oh! It always escapes my mind to mention this, but my lil kitty called Cali is pregnant. Isn't that ironice? [face_mischief]

17. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Very cute! Obi-Wan talking about eloping was just so cute :D Little does he know they skipped that part, and went right for the baby....

Ahhh...Sifa and Cali running the Padawan poll? Lookout!

aa :)

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Three

It was straight from a spy holo, Cali thought as she followed Sifa Baladeen down hallway, armed with a datapad and a set of keen eyes. It was the next day, which served as this week?s break from strenuous studies for the Padawans. Sifa had woken Cali up at breakfast with her cheer, announcing that today would be the scouting trip.

While evaluating students upon their looks seemed a bit un-Jedi-like to Cali, she didn?t mind this distraction and excuse to avoid Obi-Wan. At first, he had wanted to come along. She knew that all he wanted was to spend time with her, but she had teased and prodded, making it sound as if he had truly wanted only to come along to make sure she didn?t gawk at other boys. ?You?re still at the top,? she reassured him before running off with Sifa.

?This is actually the first poll in a few years,? Sifa was saying as she ducked behind a doorway. A young, male Padawan was approaching, looking a bit peeved. Judging by the sweat that shined on his forehead, he had just participated in a morning spar. As the boy passed, Sifa narrowed her eyes on the unsuspecting victim, then furiously tapped into her datapad with the score. When he was gone, she remerged and began right where she?d left off. ?Since all the original founders are on missions, we haven?t been able to conduct this sacred tradition. It?s really a pity, too! Anyway, I thought that perhaps I?d use a different method besides from the members voting. I never thought I?d enjoy my educational upgrade, but it?s been so fun with all of you people here! Lina and Meri don?t really like this too much, they think it?s silly,? Sifa pouted. ?It isn?t really! I know it isn?t very orthodox Jedi, but it IS fun. So, we?re going to do our own evaluations. Obi-Wan has to be excluded because I know you?re going to be very biased and also because I think it?s about time that we had a new champion.?

Cali laughed. They turned down the corridor towards the sparing rooms. Sifa sat herself down against a wall, crossing her legs under her and resting her datapad in her lap. Cali followed her example. They hadn?t sat for more than five minutes before a pair of Master and Padawan emerged from a private spar chamber. The Padawan was of a reptilian species and the Master was an elder humanoid.

?I don?t know how to judge them,? Cali whispered.

?Masters and Knights aren?t judged . . . unless the Knights are fresh and young. I don?t know how to do aliens either, so it?s just humanoids.?

They sat for a few minutes more before a female Knight emerged. She glanced down at them and suddenly smirked. ?I?m sure there?ll be more preferred traffic soon.?

?I hope so!? Sifa turned to Cali, her sparkling green eyes curious. ?Did you hear about Lina and Cassel??

Cali?s brow furrowed. ?What about them? I thought they were starting to get along.?

A wide grin cracked Sifa?s elfish face. ?Oh, *yes*! I sorta overheard something said the other day. They?re soulmates!?

?*What?*?

?Yeah, it sounds so weird, I know. They used to fight, cause Cassel was so obstinate, but apparently they?re soulmates! I mean, I noticed that Cassel liked her after a few days or so, and now I think Lina likes him!?

A door opened and Cali nudged Sifa, tossing her head in the direction. Two elder Padawans, probably in their twenties, strode up the corridor, sporting bared, sweaty chests. Sifa?s grin spread as she watched the tall candidates from underneath her eyelashes. As soon as they had passed, Sifa squealed. ?Oh my! Both of them were on the list years ago, but Brilan, Alex, or even Obi would beat them out! Wow! Just our luck!?

Cali laughed as she recorded the information. While this was a ridiculous activity, there was something ultimately refreshing and relieving about it. She could almost forget what was happening to her and be the young sixteen-year-old girl that she was. In holo shows and books, sixteen seemed like such a huge leap into adulthood, but Cali felt as if she was very young and very vulnerable. Sifa

19. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    This post started out as such a carefree, humorous one. But Cali's reflections at the end were rather sadly wistful. Tug at those heart strings. *sniff*

Great Post Amidolee! I hope you get a chance to post again tonight!

20. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful post. :)

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    BTW, just want to say thanks to Lina for coming up with this scheme of the Poll in her other stories! She's really fleshed Sifa out (even came up with the poor girl's beautiful last name!). You gave Sifa more life than I could have, even if she's my own! :D

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    The first part was so cute, and very teenagerish ;) But Calis' final thoughts were touching and very realistic. Poor girl! I can't wait for more Ami!

23. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    =*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

While Cali-Ana and Sifa were busy feasting on eye candy, Obi-Wan was using his Jedi skills as a learning tool rather than for observation. There was already a few slash marks on his tunics, but he was happy to be sparring with Qui-Gon again. All of his Master?s free-time had been consumed by Jane, and then Kithera, but today he had opted to spend time with his Padawan.

Qui-Gon smiled grimly to himself as he parried a sharp twist from Obi-Wan. The boy?s skills certainly hadn?t slackened since he had begun the term. In fact, they were quite refined. The daily katas classes with Mace Windu and other impressive swordsman, along with Padawans, was improving Obi-Wan?s own movements. He was still flashy to nearly the point of arrogant at times, but he didn?t leave himself open to attack nearly as much as he used to. The boy was expressing more patience and calculation rather than leaping straight into the battle and exerting himself too much too soon.

The heat of Obi-Wan?s blade grazed Qui-Gon?s knee, alerting the Master to a change in the pattern. The blow was parried, but the rough fabric had darkened under the light contact. A smirk of satisfaction briefly flashed across the boy?s face.

//We?ll see about that// Qui-Gon quickly stepped-up the tempo, pressing Obi-Wan back. The dismay was evident in his Padawan?s eyes, but his confidence failed to waver as he deftly deflected swings and blows, dancing agilely around the taller Jedi. Qui-Gon knew that he could defeat Obi-Wan the moment that he chose to, but the object of this session was not to win, but to learn more about his Padawan.

It was several parries and thrusts later when Obi-Wan began to show his first signs of weariness. Qui-Gon strung him along a few minutes longer before deactivating his lightsaber and patted Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?Very good, Padawan. You?ve improved much.?

Breathless, Obi-Wan smiled. He wiped his sweaty brow. ?Thank you, Master. It?s been awhile since I had a real challenge.? //It?s been so long since we?ve done anything together// he thought silently.

Qui-Gon grabbed a fresh towel and wiped his face dry. Obi-Wan did the same with his. Out of the corner of his eye, Qui-Gon watched as the boy straightened. Had Obi-Wan grown a few more inches? His shoulders seemed broader and his face wasn?t quite so boyish. There was also a deeper maturity in the apprentice?s gaze, something older, wiser. When had his boy turned into a young man?

?Master?? Obi-Wan?s brow furrowed curiously. ?What is it??

?Nothing, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon smiled warmly. ?I was just thinking about how much you?ve grown.?

The Padawan rolled his eyes and raked a hand through his hair, leaving the damp reddish-gold stand in uneven spikes. ?Ah, Master.?

The Jedi Master chuckled and reached out to ruffle Obi-Wan?s mussed hair even further. It earned him a grumble from the young man, causing Qui-Gon to laugh.

?I can see it now,? Obi-Wan sighed, throwing the towel over his shoulder. ?It?s my knighting ceremony and you ruffle my hair and pinch my cheek.?

?That would hardly be formal, but I can speak with Master Yoda about it.?

=*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

24. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Awww...that was sweet! It's nice to see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon share a nice father/son like moment amongst all that's happening.

Thank you for posting, Amidolee!

25. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    They're in for some rough times ahead. :(

They wouldn't be in this mess if Kithera hadn't spiked the punch! Qui-Gon would never have let them out of his sight, had he been sober!

I also get distressed when Obi-Wan dreams of his knighting, I wish it could have been happier! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.