main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Dark Uprising

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bluebereft, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluebereft

bluebereft Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    Disclaimer: Technically, I don't own anything. Everything belongs to George Lucas, the maestro of Star Wars.

Brief Description
    A alternative universe tale revolving around Darth Vader, his love for Padme, and the subsequent fulfillment of the prophecy. Genre: Not sure. Highly Cliched Romance?

This is my first fic here, written a year ago. I'll say what nearly every fanfic writer has said. "Please R&R!"

If the formatting distorts your viewing pleasure, this would be clearer.

Prologue

Lightning flashed, a narrow streak across the darkened sky. The wind came, howling like an accursed beast with ravenous spirits. I rose from the ground. The silvery shards of molten steel fell in torrents, dampened my cloak, and worsened my spirits. It seemed as if the earth was competing against my puny self, and that, in itself, had created a mood fouler than all imagination.
    The roar of hungry ogres could be heard well up in the sky. Thunder. That magnificent yet stubbornly adamant fiend refused to budge from its resting place. There it went again, a roaring tyrant, rumbling deeply in the hollow sky. I stared with glazed eyes, my mind in a rush. The clouds, the swirling formation was coming into place. Soon, the heavens would open, and my time would finally come.
    Yes! It was at the right moment. I yelled, taunting the very presence of Mother Nature. ?I have known your earth to be so full of faults. For my part, I have walked the land, submitting myself into the perilous night. Thus unbraced, as you see, I bare my bosom to the thunderstone. Let your cross blue lightning open, and I shall bear myself in the very aim and flash of it.? Following that, there was a flash, and that, was the end.

The florescent rays radiated the room, my home in Naboo. I rose, astonished at my absurd lateness. Fortunately, I had no duty?s calling today. While engaging myself in the morning rituals, a thought suddenly struck me. Frantically, I dashed out into the corridor, and swiftly made my way to the upper floors.
    ?Your Highness, I have arrived.? My current condition was much unbecoming of a Jedi; especially one the elders say is destined to be the balance. A Jedi would not be gasping with breathlessness or be late for an assignment.
    ?Jedi Skywalker,? The Senator rose from her lavishly adorned seat in front of the dressing table. ?You are late.?
    ?I am sorry, your Highness.?
    ?According to protocol, Skywalker, you are not allowed to call me Highness. That title reserved for the Queen, and the Queen alone.?
    ?I am sorry, your Highness.? Oops, major blunder.
    The Senator smiled understandingly. ?Take care to ensure such does not happen again.?
    ?Yes, my lady.?
    Clasping her hands together, she reverted into her commanding tone. ?Now, Jedi Skywalker, I would like to have you accompany me for a very late breakfast.?
    ?Finally,? I breathed a sigh of relief. ?Those high and mighty moods of hers usually lasted for hours. She must be up to something.?

Glancing upwards from the dining table, I stared into the deep brown eyes of the Senator. Even though we were tied by wedding vows, her presence remained intoxicating. One look and I was entrapped. ?Jedi Skywalker,? the Senator spoke coyly. ?Is it possible for you to dine without glaring at me with that menacingly irresistible look??
    ?My lady, I am afraid that I cannot??
    ?And why is that so, young Jedi Skywalker??
    ?In a man?s heart there is a secret nerve that responds to the vibrations of beauty.?
    ?Why, Jedi Skywalker,? she replied. ?Is that an insult, or is it flattery??
    ?My lady, I wouldn?t dare.?
    ?You had better not.?
    And so, the conversation continued, with Padme Amidala easily overpowering my less fluent self. It remained enjoyable, however, for so long as she was there, life was only beginning. True joy was indeed, found in the people you love.

Padme. My mind could not cease to see her ethereal beauty. She was like a flower, no, more delicate than any flower. Her face shone with youthful eleganc

2. bluebereft

Oct 15, 2002
    I: Reminiscing

Time is slow for those who wait,
    Too swift for those who fear,
    Too long for those who grieve,
    Too short for those who rejoice,
    But for those who love, time is eternity.
    - Henry Van Dyke

There I stood, an almighty warrior. Lord of the Sith. What was my name? It had left me, a long time ago. Now I had but one name, and one obligation. ?My Lord, I have arrived.?
    ?Welcome, Jedi Skywalker.? The Dark Lord rose from his iron wrought throne. ?You are late.?
    ?I am sorry, my Lord.? The usual raspy metallic voice emitted from my mechanical throat.
    ?Where is the girl??
    ?She is in your chamber, my Lord.?
    I could sense the Emperor probing my conscience, or at least, the lack of it. He seemed to recognize my soft spot for the Skywalker children, and he was right. The boy, I was not so concerned about. Luke Skywalker was brash, weak, and had tendencies to wander. He could be dealt with easily. Leia Skywalker, however, was cunning, intelligent, resourceful, and everything else I cherished in Padme. Padme.
    Every night my dreams are filled with visions, thoughts, and nightmares. I would never forget the time when I left her. When I left her alone, crying, and whimpering. When I slapped her rashly, unthinkingly, and imprudently. Why? Was I possessed at that time? No. It was greed, fame, and lust for it that led me to evil. I still fail to comprehend how I could have just left Padme, my Padme, alone.
    I remember the first time we kissed. I was in depression then, but as her lips caressed mine, the sadness and deprivation vanished in a blink. Not that I did blink, for I was too engrossed in staring into her deep brown eyes. Ahh? those eyes. Eyes that spelt love in every sense. Eyes that touched me, and took my heart away. In a blink, in a flash, she was gone.
    ?Jedi Skywalker,? The Emperor interrupted my delicate fantasies. ?I see you have some conceptions in plan. Would you care to share them with me??
    ?I wouldn?t dare, my Lord.?
    ?Oh really, Skywalker?? The Emperor?s tone grew menacing, and he slowly began approaching my bended body. ?I sense tribulations of love, true deep love, that is forbidden by the dark side!? He retracted his hand, and sent me flying.
    ?Darth Vader. Do not perceive that even though you are my right hand servant, you shall be spared punishment. No one survives Emperor Palpatine.? With that, he strode out of the room, sending his aura of deathliness around me. A cloud condensed on my mind. The grogginess was overwhelming. I could not survive the cold, unseeing gloom that was the dark side. It was simply overpowering. I could not breathe. I could not live.

The fianchettos of the warm ember lines of light blazed across the room, lighting it up in an aura of splendour. I lay on the copious wonders of a luxurious bed staring at the closed eyes just inches away from me. Her flowing russet hair lay in a heap around my chest. I reached for her under the bedspread, feeling her body in mine. Bringing her into an ardent hug, I smiled, content at the wonders I had.
    ?Jedi Skywalker,? She had awoken. ?Why is it that you seem to adore wrapping me up menacingly in those irresistible arms of yours??
    ?Well, my lady,? I replied. ?Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. I cannot really say anything about it. It is like the perfume of a rose, maybe even more.?
    ?Jedi Skywalker, you have a way with words.?
    ?Nothing comparable to you, my lady.?
    ?You seem to tempt me to start things that cannot end.?
    ?Why not, you?re already naked.? I laughed.
    ?Jedi Skywalker! What a nerve!? Padme rose over me, playfully slapping me.
    After much joyous laughter and humorous antics, both sides settled down. ?My lady, may I have the honour of this kiss??
    Padme smiled. ?First tell me something I want to hear.?
    ?Wow, this is difficult.? I scratched my head in mock puzzlement. ?Okay, I?ll try??

?Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
    Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
    Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
    And summer's lease hath all too sh

3. bluebereft

Oct 15, 2002
    Author's Note: The poem below is entitled, "Oh Gentle Winds" by Kit McCallum. It can be found on www.netpoets.com

II: Search Your Heart

I rose, still groggy from the night on the floor. That dream, the remembrance of the past that had since left me. I could still remember every detail. Every touch, every kiss. I could still remember Padme. Yet, now, I was no more the kind and gentle Anakin Skywalker of old. I was Darth Vader, Lord of the sith.
    I strode menacingly into my inner chambers when I saw? the amulet. It had been carved years ago by my alter ego, Anakin Skywalker, for his one and only love, Padme Amidala. I reminisce that day when I had left her in tears and ripped the amulet from her neck. It was like wrenching her heart out of her body. She had died that day, I know. Her heart had died for me.
    As I gazed into the fine intricacies of that object of affection, my heart splintered into pieces. How could I have left her? How could I? She was the rose blossoming at summer?s end. She was the uplifting breeze of the evening star. She was the oasis in the maddening sands. And I said that I would never let go. But I did. And now she?s gone.
    I lay on the bedspread, regretting, and lamenting, for what I did and should never have done. Suddenly, a light soft voice came floating on the wind?

Oh gentle winds 'neath moonlit skies,
    Didn?t you hear my heartfelt cries?

Below the branches, here about,
    Didn?t you sense my fear and doubt?
    Side glistening rivers, sparkling streams,
    Didn?t you hear my woeful screams?

Upon the meadows, touched with dew,
    Didn?t you see my hearts a'skew?
    Beneath the thousand twinkling stars,
    Didn?t you feel my jagged scars?

Seek not my mournful heart kind breeze,
    For you'll not find it 'mongst these trees.

It's scattered 'cross the moonlit skies,
    Accompanied by heartfelt sighs.
    It's drifting o're the gentle rain,
    A symbol of my silent pain.

It's buried 'neath the meadow fair,
    Conjoined with all the sorrow there.
    It's lost among the stars this night,
    Too far to ease my quiet fright.

No gentle winds, seek not my heart,
    For simply ... it has torn apart.

I rose, surprised. ?Padme?? My confusion softened the hardened core of my heart, melting it. ?Is it you, Padme?? I knew it had to be. I could feel her, that uplifting breeze! ?Padme? I need you!? The wind was unheeding, and it slowly drifted away. ?Padme, NO! Do not leave me! Padme!?
    There was a knock on the door. I composed myself, and put on the mask that was Darth Vader. ?Who is it??
    ?My Lord, the Emperor requests your presence.? The heartless human voice from the other side of the door told me that it was one of the royal guards. The matter was important. But I did not care. I needed Padme. I needed to seek her, and find her.
    ?Tell the Emperor that I will come soon.?
    ?Yes, my Lord.? The Guard marched away.
    I would not see the Emperor. The knowledge of what I would see him do was unbearable. I knew. The sinister Emperor let his mind be read. He wanted to let me see Leia tortured. And I feared. ?Let him come,? I whispered with dread. ?Let him come and kill me.? Then unexpectedly, Padme?s voice returned?

Time is slow for those who wait,
    Too swift for those who fear?
    Ani, do not wait. Do not fear.
    Just go.

?Padme!? I cried. She was there again. Her presence was so strong!
    ?Ani, do not wait. Search your heart. I will be with you. Go.?
    I strengthened my resolve. Padme was with me. She still loved me. And so, I would go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.