main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11.11.11

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Dec 11, 2010.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    has any of the TES games ever really had issues with weapons availability? i mean, they had so many weapons in morrowind that i didn't know what to do with them all and that's just the legendary ones (had all of them, carried most of them with me:p).

oblivion had fewer types, but still there was a nice option of what you could have available even in the sewers. weapons is really the last thing i'm concerned about in this game.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4246/226407.jpg

:D

3. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
  4. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Wallpapered.

Also, the trailer music reminds me of Beowulf's main theme. The whole thing gives me a Scandinavian vibe, it's great.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    My favorite theory is that the three dudes to the left of the Dragon Born (who is on the far right-ish) are the three prior dragon born: St. Alessia, Reman Cyrodiil, and Tiber Septim--and you, the Dragon born, are the fourth founder of a human empire.

6. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    No room for female characters then?

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    wasn't st. alessia a woman?

and it's an elder scrolls game. you can be a woman if you want.:p

8. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Well that's what I mean. If the character in the relief is your player, it suggests he's a male. Or a male is the marketing version like Commander Shepard, or he's not your character at all.

9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I think it's male in the marketing aspect. Like in Dragon Age, Oblivion, etc.

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    ah, i'm leaning towards marketing as well. really does make a lot of sense you being the founder of the new empire, etc. lots of adventuring to do to make that work. however, if that's the case and you can take the head of the thieves guild and dark brotherhood as well... *laughs* that would be hilarious in so many ways.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    In the opening video of Morrowind, they refer to the player character as "he"--it obviously didn't mean anything, though, since you could be anything you wanted.

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Random thoughts:
    -Dragons: Like Cliff Racers, but with fire.

-Seriously though, I wonder what a melee only character will do.
    Well, maybe th dragons won't fly, but that would suck.

-I wonder what kind of factions they are going to have. Skyrim is kind of barbariany place, so a lot of the traditional factions might be out of place. Then again, the backstory of elder scrolls is always very detailed, so they come up with good ways to make it fit.

-I wonder how the lessons they've learned from Fallout will be aplied back into Elder Scrolls. Maybe some kind of into instead of being a prisoner again?

-Arogonians are going to have a rough time man. :p

13. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I hope that we'll get to fly some dragons.[face_praying]

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You already can in Oblivion. ;)

...you know, I thought I already had a screenshot of this, but I guess not. At any rate, my character (who's a Septim with her face based on the Emperor's) regularly rides to work atop Akatosh himself. :)

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, was gonna say there were mods in morrowind that you could do that anyway, didn't know they finally made them in oblivion.

16. Chance the Jedi

Jul 25, 2005
    I only play the 360 version. So, no mods for me...[face_tired]

17. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    What the hell? Morrowind is alot bigger then the island...I wish we could a seen all of it.

18. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Doesn't one of the expansions for Morrowind take place in Morrowind itself?

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, but only in one of the cities. you can't go outside of it. you can go into the sewers though. mournhold is what the expansion is called if i'm remembering right.

20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah and then there is another on that Island with the Werewolves.

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    solstheim, where my brother went when he was level two and never really bothered to come back from. the expansion was bloodmoon.

22. Chance the Jedi

Jul 25, 2005
    Ah, Morrowind. My favorite of the series.

I loved every second of it.

23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The only thing that bugged me about Morrowind was the combat (at least for the first few levels until you get your weapons skills up) and the fact that you hardly ever knew exactly where you had to go for a quest.

24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Looking at that map I REALLY want an update to go walk around mainlaind Morrowind! :(

25. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    yeah, they should probably just make a morrowind II. i'd play the #*@^ out of it.

though i do have to say, this new one looks promising. it'd be cool if they got into some sort of gawdly nordic battles on the planes of elmdale or something.