main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The **Emerald City Empire** Social Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Here it is . . . the free-for-all gab thread. Complain about your job; tell us about your weekend; blow off some steam; share a movie review; entertain us with your mindless ramblings; whatever . . . but still feel free to start new threads if you have something cool to share. This is just a kind of catch-all if you don't know where to put something. And now, on with the show . . .

I finally saw Phone Booth Saturday night and quite enjoyed it. The movie is only 80 minutes long, but it's pretty entertaining the whole time. I spent the whole movie trying to figure out who the guy on the other end of the phone was. I knew his voice, but just could not place it. Then I could've smacked myself when they revealed who it was. I won't tell here, just in case someone hasn't seen it yet. Overall, the movie was cool, though as a DVD it kinda sucked. The only Special Features were two movie trailers and a commentary - no behind the scenes stuff. Oh well. I have the Bourne Identity now, which I hope to watch either Monday or Tuesday night. I've been looking forward to seeing this a while.

2. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Well, let me tell you all about Bourne Identity. Just kidding. I really enjoyed it. I will have to rent Phone Booth. Thanks Dal for the insite. Helped my father-in-law in Raleigh move a pooltable and some other stuff into their new house this past weekend. Talk about heavy.

Finished reading Force Heretic III last night. I love the New Jedi Order series. My favorite of the series is TRAITOR. After Lucas makes EP3, he should make a mini-series about the NJO.

May the Dark-Side be with you,

JMK :cool:

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Ugh. A pool table. I'm sure your spine is thanking you today. Next time we see each other, remind me to tell you a story that my home theater guy told me about one of his clients and his slate pool table. It'll break your heart if you love pool, or it'll just make you think some people in this world have too much money.

I just finished reading the Dean Smith autobiography about a month ago and now I'm in the middle of the Mankind (Mick Foley) autobiography. Both of these books are probably 3-5 years old, so I'm of course way behind the times on reading them. Then I've got another book about money management and finances called "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" which is next on my book list. Thankfully, it appears pretty short. You'd think with all my reading, I'd eventually pull out some of those unread Star Wars books on my shelf. Then again, I did see a cool poker book on the clearance racks at B&N that might be entertaining.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I just finished up five days of Knights of the Old Republic on X-Box. I didn't finish the game, but I only rented it for a week. I have mixed opinions on the game itself. It's basically an RPG and I don't really care for those type of games. I like the walking around and interaction with characters, but I don't like the combat rounds and having to constantly update your character with the newest armor, weapons, etc. I like my games a little faster paced and this game is definitely not fast paced. The last game I rented was Clone Wars and even though it was a short game, it was more action-packed. I've still got my latest KOTOR adventure saved on my X-Box and I may go back and re-rent it someday just to continue the game, but I definitely don't see myself buying it.

5. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I've tread the Darkside and I think I like it.

My little padawan (2 1/2 year old son) is all about Star Wars. He has the Playskol Star Wars toys and loves the movies. We only let him watch them once or twice a week (not usually the whole movie) By the time he is 8 or 9, he may actually have watched the Star Wars saga as many times as I have. :)

JMK

6. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    saw Daredevil and The Matrix over the past few days. Loved both. REALLY wanna see T3 ROTM, and Freddy vs Jason. eventually wanna see Hulk, X-2 and Matrix 2. I hate my job cause I don't have one. I am going insane, and it's really scary when u have bills piling up. Star Wars Galaxies Rules and so does knights of the old republic for x-box. I first started that game and played for almost 6 hours yesterday. I wanna try and play The Sims for Gamcube and see if it's any good. Gotta try to get more RAM for my computer so I can try and get Star Wars Galaxies. that'll come after I get a job, and get the internet at home. well i guess that's all for now.

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Finally saw Bourne Identity Friday night. I really like that one. I'll probably try to rent Daredevil this week.

Then 503 pages later, I finally finished the Mankind autobiography. Not a bad read, but I liked his stories about WCW and the Japanese & independent circuits best. I watch WWF, but have never been a huge fan and was not watching when he was getting over. I'll always miss NWA/WCW and I usually just watch old tapes of it now instead of Raw.

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Just finished up a week with Obi-Wan for the Xbox. It's a fairly simple, walk-around, shoot 'em up (actually slice 'em up with a lightsaber), but I like games like that. Seemed like so much less of a hassle than KOTOR. A buddy of mine has Jedi Outcast, so I'll probably borrow that from him next and give it a shot. I played that one a little bit on PC in the gaming area at C2. But too many people waiting around made me feel rushed.

Also just saw Daredevil, which I give a solid . . . OK. Didn't like it nearly as well as Spiderman or X2, but liked it much better than X1 and most of the Batman movies. It still pales in comparison to the greatest comic book movies of all time - Superman 1 & 2.

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I'm tired, going to bed now.

JMK

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Man, I cannot wait for football season to get started. My fantasy draft is Saturday night which probably means I'll be up 'til 5am Sunday morning.

11. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Cute underroos Dal. Saving the galaxy one fashion at a time I see.

Kevin

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I was getting tired of the Star Destroyer icon when I found the Underoos. I actually had those same ones when I was a kid! There was no way I could not choose them for my icon.

I think we can get our ECE logo uploaded as an icon. You may want to ask Minacia how we go about doing that.

13. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm looking forward to hockey starting up :) . I did fantasy hockey last year and I think this year Chris and I want to start our own fantasy league on yahoo taht way we compete against people we know.

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I've never done fantasy hockey before, just football and baseball. I won't ever do baseball again - their season is too long for my taste. But we've had a football league with the guys I worked with for years. I am a casual follower of hockey at best. I keep up with the 'Canes and try to go to a couple of games each season when I get the chance. Hockey just seems so much more exciting in person. I still don't understand the +/- scoring though.

15. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    If you are on the ice when a goal is scored you get +1 - if a goal was scored against you while you were on the ice you get -1. I think this stat is particularly important for defensemen.

16. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Roger, Roger on the Icon thing. Just giving you a hardtime about the underroos. I don't think you are a true fan unless you had one. I can't remember, but I think I had my mom attach a black little cape to mine, but don't exactly remeber if she did it or if it came with it. I know my Superman ones came with a little red cape.

JMK

17. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks Natalie! I had asked a couple of people that and no one could explain it. Must be the curse of living near Tobacco Road. If the ball isn't orange and it doesn't go through a hoop, not many people care. So I'll ask my other nagging hockey question. When I see a hockey team's record listed by their name on ESPN, what does the fourth number mean?

For instance, Hurricanes as 29-35-5-2. I assume that's 29 wins, 35 losses, and 5 ties. What's the last number indicate? Seems like I only started noticing that last number in the last couple of years.

JMK - I had the Vader and Artoo Underoos. Then I eventually got Batman and Iron Man. I'm not really sure how I ended up with Iron Man because I don't really recall being an Iron Man fan as a child. They were probably a gift. Seems like I always wanted Spider-Man Underoos, but never got them. :( Screw making an Imperial Officer's uniform! I'm gonna make some adult size Spider-Man Underoos! :)

18. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I'll drink to that, Dal.

19. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    It goes Wins, Losses, Ties, Overtime Losses. If you have more questions go ahead and ask - I love talking hockey stuff :) .

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I think that's most of my hockey questions for now. I think I've figured out most of the actual game rules. I just assume now that the refs in hockey are really more subjective in calling penalties than refs in other sports because no-calls just seem so prevalent in hockey.

21. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Finally saw Pirates of the Caribbean Thursday night. What a great movie! Johnny Depp was absolutely hilarious! All I had to do was look at him sometimes and I'd just start cracking up. I can see why that movie has been getting such good word of mouth. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. Of course, at the rate I see movies, I could very well be one of the last who hadn't seen it.

22. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I don't think I've been to the movies in forever. We rent alot and I have about a hundred DVDs. I email a contact we received at IQM2, but I haven't heard of a response yet. I will be posting flyers around ECU in two weeks. I hope everyone is doing well and can't wait to see you at Meeting #4, the cookout.

Jedi Master Kel/Supreme Sith Lord

23. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    My wife and I are working a deal with my sister and her husband that we'll keep each other's kids for a weekend on alternating months, so I might actually get to another movie in the near future. As long as I get to The Return of the King, I can live without the rest.

I've got my little DVD request list in order. Of course the Indiana Jones Trilogy and the Extended Edition Two Towers top the list. There's a few smaller things I want like Animal House: Double Secret Probation Edition, the SuperBit Air Force One, and Jerseys in the Rafters; but those will probably be birthday or Christmas gifts I'll have to wait for. I picked up R2-D2: Beneath the Dome the other day. I'd been meaning to get it and kept putting it off and finally picked it up at Best Buy.

24. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Good afternoon all - so did everybody have a nice weekend? I think I just had the most uneventful weekend in the history of my life. Other than getting up to go to bed or find something to eat, I don't think I was off the couch all weekend. I love football.

25. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Sounds like a great weekend. Went to a wedding on Saturday. I think it has been at least two months since my wife and I have been out. It felt soooooo good. Unfortunately my son has a virus and is not feeling good so I felt a little bad about going out. Haven't been sleeping much due to the fact that he is up every hour coughing. (man, do my wife and I need some sleep) especially now that she is pregnant with our second child....yes you heard right I'M GOING TO BE A DAD AGAIN.

Anyways, thanks Dal for letting me borrow the movie I'll return it and the other stuff this week or weekend.

JMK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.