main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I come to check on your progress, I trust I will enjoy my stay in the end, but I am not enjoying it as of the current moment.

(Please tell me someone got where I was trying to go with this.)

2. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    So I've caught up on your epic and I have to say that it is amazing! It's really cliched to claim that fan fiction is better than profic...because in my opinion that's not normally the case. However, I think this story is actually better than the actual canon from every angle. I've really enjoyed this.

Revan_AnakinSolo likes this.
  3. windu4

May 15, 2008
    Sorry for the double post but I just finished re-reading Blood Trail and I wanted to say that it might be my favorite story you've written. You took a series that wasn't very well thought together and wrote a totally coherent and (most importantly) realistic story! I especially like how you wrote Tahiri, Jaina, Ben, Allana and Luke. In my opinion they were affected the most by Jacen's fall to the dark side. Jaina and Luke are clearly suffering from some pretty severe PTSD (in my opinion) from the fallout of the war. You have to call into question their sanity and if they're really fit to lead or act as Jedi any longer. This might be my favorite characterization of Luke so far...which says something about me because this is the most depressing fic I've ever read. I hope you post Blood Trail's sequel at some point!

4. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    It has now been 2 months since we have received an update of any sort from YodaKenobi. Please let us know you're alive and haven't forgotten about us.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Going to have to reread everything eventually to just remember what happened.

6. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I need to read the NJO rewrite books again anyway but the more recent ones as well.

8. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    That's what I meant. It's good to reread them, though, you might pick up stuff you missed the last time around.

9. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    OOoooooh, I have some major reading to do i see!!! :D

10. windu4

May 15, 2008
    I'm currently re-reading Empire of the Hand. I really appreciate that you gave Jaina Solo her own stand-alone fic. People don't really appreciate her as a character. The Great Chiss War is a really awesome read as well. I look forward to you updating!

11. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Three months have come and gone without even a "Hey, I haven't forgotten about you all, I know I've been busy but I still wanna get this story up" or something from Yobi...There is a part of me that's missing, that won't be filled until this story is finished.

12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm afraid that you'll be waiting....a long long time.

Kudos if anyone gets where that's from.

I'm sure that if the author wants to finish this, then he'll get around to it eventually.

13. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Yes, but we are an impatient lot.

14. windu4

May 15, 2008
    Eh, I understand that YodaKenobi is busy but he left us in the dark with a massive hangover. I'm quite desperate to see how this ends. Especially with Jacen. Is he going to be redeemed? Killed? Stripped of the Force? I'm definitely anxious to see how this goes.

15. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Not to mention: WHO IS DARTH MALIG?

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    It's been more than six months since the last update... and going on four years since this thread began.

I'm starting to think it will never be finished. :(

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Giving George R.R. Martin a run do you think?

18. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Yobi's come through before, and he told us that he intended to finish this. It would be nice to what's going on though... :(

19. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    I hate saying this, but maybe we should come to accept we won't be seeing this story to its end.

20. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I'm not ready to give up on this.

21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Sadly, I am forced to agree with you, seeing the end of this long story is highly unlikely. Tis a pity.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe he is writing multiple chapters so he can swamp us?

23. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I follow him, so I happen to notice that he's online quite a bit...almost every day, and almost all the time is lurking this thread. I just wonder why he doesn't say anything?

Rew and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    He did like my George RR Martin comment.

25. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    He actually also liked the first post of my fanfiction.

I just took post 1,500. I feel like I have accomplished something with my life.