main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Luke deserves some quality family time. I love those type of scenes.

2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    The scene between Ben and Luke, that was good. Scenes like that make stories like this.

All that stuff within Malig's journals were really interesting. Deeper meanings of philosophy and what not. Also, i didn't know Luke wanted to help Anakin and Tahiri find their path together. rather manipulative of him, considering he sent Anakin severla chapters ago.

3. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Luke, you dog :p You're playing matchmaker [face_shame_on_you] :p

I hope Cilghal was successful in removing the Faybolness from Tahiri.

Great post, can't wait for more.

4. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    It's nice to have some "off-time" chapters as well, seeing how the relationships between the characters are.

So, it seems that Anakin and Tahiri are having a difficult time re-adjusting? At least Anakin? That kinda reminds me of the last time you had separated them, y'know. [face_whistling]

You have a PM from me, btw.

Good chapter! :)

5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Not First! :p

Great chapter. So now they know why Malig wanted the Solos so much. I'm glad that even 3PO found the journal disturbing. [face_devil] Although it was up to Tahiri I think it would have made more sense on her part to keep that Faybol thing as a weapon. True, it might not be exactly in accord with the Jedi way, but then again, they're allying with Hutts and crime syndicates. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Luke's obviously trying to get Anakin and Tahiri together again. He knows they make a great team, belong together, indeed, need to be together. :D

6. Treborani

Treborani Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2009
    Good chapter. I enjoyed seeing Mara and Luke and Ben all together. I miss stuff like this. I can't wait to see what else is in Mailg's journal, too.

7. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Can I be honest? [face_plain]

Good. I am not shocked by this update. But it did get me thinking. And thinking is good! [face_thinking] :p

AWWW, Luke & Ben, (& Mara in bed) how cute.[face_love] I think they needed a family moment.

And Tahiri, :rolleyes: !!! thats all I have to say on that matter. :p

Friday, right??

8. grossmandg144

grossmandg144 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2009
    another very nice update. Malig's journal is really creeping me out. Sounds like its gonna be a YJK reunion on Dathomir. I would love to here more about the resistance by the Hutts and other underrworld types against the Raithians.

9. DemonzNMySleep

DemonzNMySleep Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2009
    Watch LOST much? :p

I've been following this work for a little while now, and I have to say that the concepts, the tightly-woven plot lines/devices and your ability to execute them is impressive - even if the blatant LOST references are a little cringe-worthy at times. [face_whistling]

What's even more remarkable is that you seem to have a decisive, clear-cut ending already mapped out and prepared, and that really shows in the writing.

Will continue to follow this story as frequently as possible. [face_peace]

10. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    I still will never forgive the people at LOST for killing off Charlie. But they did it in a good way.

11. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Rew: First!
    Haha, I even beat Maggy.

Nicely done, my friend =D=

Thanks for reading and replying :)

Maggy: aww happy family time
    and Luke is trying to match make?

Something like that, I think [face_thinking] Very sly of him.

Thanks for reading and replying :)

Rohan: Third!Darn it! So close!

Third is very respectable :p

If Tahiri thinks Luke's hiding something, he's probably hiding something.

He is. Luke sent Anakin to Dathomir to do the same thing as Tahiri a couple chapters ago and didn't mention it to either of them [face_shhh]

I can't believe I got third!

Don't beat yourself up too hard 8-}

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Ghandalf: Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but great final fic so far!

No need to apologize, and thanks!

I loved the scenes with Luke and his family, especially in their cotnrast to the soul-numbingly awful Apollyon.

Luke deserves a little happiness after all he's been through. We spent the last two and a half fics trying to get him back to his family, so it's time to enjoy that, I think.

I'm hoping we'll get to see more of Malig's journal, too- I imagine there's a lot of interesting things in there, though I doubt he'd put his full plans down in writing even for himself.

We'll be seeing lots of his journal, actually. It's one of the three ways Malig's story is going to be told.

Glad to see Tahiri again, and I think it's good that she's having what Faybol and Harrow did to her reversed, though I do wonder if the vaa-tumer is going to have some other effect or not.

Hopefully she, Cilghal, and Tekli know what they're doing [face_praying]

I'm also curious as to what Luke's not telling her...

He didn't tell her about Anakin going there too. He seems not to want either of them to know :p

Again, great job! Keep it up!

RebelMom: Luke deserves some quality family time. I love those type of scenes.

Thanks, and I agree. There's been a lot of suffering for Luke in this series so far, so he really needed this.

Good to see you again, and thanks for reading and replying :D

Phoenix5: The scene between Ben and Luke, that was good. Scenes like that make stories like this.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Their family has been separated for too long :(

All that stuff within Malig's journals were really interesting. Deeper meanings of philosophy and what not.

We'll be seeing actual passages from the journal throughout the story.

Also, i didn't know Luke wanted to help Anakin and Tahiri find their path together. rather manipulative of him, considering he sent Anakin severla chapters ago.

Yeah, pretty tricky. He's a Jedi Master, but he's also Anakin's uncle and a mentor to Tahiri. I don't think he likes seeing them suffer. But we'll find out more about that later.

GMK: Luke, you dog You're playing matchmaker

A Jedi's work is never done :p

I hope Cilghal was successful in removing the Faybolness from Tahiri.

It appears she was, but I guess we won't know for sure until Tahiri gets out of the ysalamir bubble.

Great post, can't wait for more.

Thanks so much and thanks for reading and replying :D

Magnuskn: It's nice to have some "off-time" chapters as well, seeing how the relationships between the characters are.

I agree. We'll get a few more moments like this before we get into the deep, dark stuff that leads to the end.

So, it seems that Anakin and Tahiri are having a difficult time re-adjusting? At least Anakin? That kinda reminds me of the last time you had separated them, y'know.

Very true. There was some distance between them then as well. I think there may be more actual hurt

12. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Still here, don't worry about me. Just got a handful of papers to do for a variety of classes. Probably won't be here much for the next couple of weeks.

Pretty good so far, although I think Tahiri should have kept that Faybol thing, if only then she could impersonate Harbinger from ME2. :p

Tahiri: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. *Faybol becomes Tahiri's plaything*

Oh, and Luke?
    [image=http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb258/hdm51/I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg]
    I see what you're doing, Luke.

13. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    He did?! How did I miss that? *Goes back to read over the entire End of All Light story*

14. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Now I'm really looking forward to Dathomir! [face_dancing] :cool:
    Tahiri, Anakin, & Jaina...all in the same place. :D
    Now [face_batting] ..... why don't you have Jag fly in to help out Jaina and I can revel in all my "shippiness" for a whole post? [face_batting] [:D]

15. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    L0B0: Typical. One would think that Jedi would be smarter than that.

Yeah. Even Jedi walk into traps sometimes, I guess

Indeed.

Ever since I first discovered the character of Jaina Solo, I anticipated that she would have so much potential for contributions to just about any story.

I agree. I think Jaina is a great character in that way.

I'm with ya' so far...

More importantly, why is it that this Jaina is being systematically isolated from practically everybody with whom she once had strong relationships? That is suspicious, but I can't say why exactly...

I'm not sure what you mean

Maybe it's just me, but for some reason I keep getting the impression that Jaina has become less attached to characters that she once had stronger bonds with as the story goes on. Perhaps it is merely a natural aspect of her personality that she tends to repress her own emotions, and I'm reading too much into that. In other words, she doesn't 'wear her heart on her sleeve' as the saying goes, and that makes me think that just because she doesn't express her feelings that she doesn't have them and/or doesn't want to get too close to anybody for fear of leaving herself vulnerable to potential heartache.

For example, she appeared to be far less concerned about Jag in the aftermath of escaping Apollyon than he was about her. Likewise, she behaves as if Wrev is just another comrade and there was never anything more between them than that. Mostly, I think all of this may be caused by her inability to cope with her unique perception Jacen's betrayal. Due to the galactic scale of his influence, it is easy to forget that out of everybody, Jaina is the one person who shared such a fundamental bond with her twin that she doesn't know how to process the loss of it. Even if it isn't completely severed, it has certainly been damaged. As a result, Jaina now seems to doubt her own judgment to form and maintain personal relationships.

And why is it that time and time again she becomes relegated to the role of a second-rate-damsel-in-distress while her wayward siblings spend their time attempting to destroy pretty much anything and anybody they can (especially each other) while Jaina remains ineffectual despite the fact that she could whip them both anytime she felt like it.

Again, I'm not sure I understand your meaning. Jaina has had more scenes in the 8 stories of this series than her siblings, and even had one story that was almost entirely hers?Empire of the Hand. It was also only two stories ago in Exodus that she was the one going head to head with her brother (Jacen) and stopped the fight to save a man (Wrev). I've never seen Jaina as a damsel-in-distress, or as somehow inferior to her brothers and I hope I haven't written her that way.

Maybe I'm not thinking clearly, but it still seems to me as if Jaina is always the one who winds up in the
    direst of circumstances and has to fight her way out (with or without help), which tends to occupy most of her time. Meanwhile, her siblings are gallivanting about the galaxy leaving a dramatic trail of consequences in their wake. That is what give me the impression that she isn't a major player in the grand scheme of things, which I find contrary to the nature of her character. I do not meant to imply that it was intentional on your part, but it does seem like it leaves Jaina in a more peripheral role than her brothers.

What a waste. It would really be something if it turns out that Jaina is actually the Sith'ari, and everything depends upon her at one pivotal moment that nobody sees coming.

That would be interesting. We know back in The Age of Heroes she was actually the popular choice between the Sith for a number of reasons but their focus soon became Jacen, and to a lesser extent, Anakin.

At this point, I think it could still go either way between Jacen & Anakin.

Thanks for reading and replying

Well, I'm off to read the next chapter. I think the real reason that I keep getting sidetracked li

16. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    Fascinating update.

Between 3PO translating Malig's journal, Ben training with Shan and Tahiri on the mend, it appears as if the Jedi finally have something positive going for them.

I wonder if Tahiri & Aero will become friends, or at least allies in the future? Those two alone would be a formidable threat to Faybol, even without the ability to directly manipulate the wily old Kur.

17. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Oh! Now I get it!:oops: Luke's playing Cupid![face_love] Ugh! Now I have the mental image of Luke in a diaper!:p

Not for long![face_devil] Muahahahahahaha!!!

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wedge: Still here, don't worry about me. Just got a handful of papers to do for a variety of classes. Probably won't be here much for the next couple of weeks.

No worries [face_peace] Good to see you though, and good luck with your school work :)

Pretty good so far, although I think Tahiri should have kept that Faybol thing, if only then she could impersonate Harbinger from ME2. Tahiri: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. *Faybol becomes Tahiri's plaything*

[face_laugh]

That's awesome, and does seem like a good comparison. Maybe when Faybol's mask finally comes off we'll find out he looks just like that :p

Oh, and Luke?
    I see what you're doing, Luke.

What? Can't a guy secretly send his nephew and his (former?) girlfriend on a mission together without telling each of them the other one's going to be there any more? :rolleyes:

:p

Rohan: He did?! How did I miss that? *Goes back to read over the entire End of All Light story*

It was just at the end of Chapter 4 if you want to save some time. Luke did it pretty subtley.

TSF: Now I'm really looking forward to Dathomir!

Everything's better with Anakin and Tahiri, isn't it? :p

Tahiri, Anakin, & Jaina...all in the same place.

Yep :D Should be fun, especially when an unexpected guest shows up... [face_devil]

Now ..... why don't you have Jag fly in to help out Jaina and I can revel in all my "shippiness" for a whole post?

... No comment on that one [face_whistling] Have to wait and see.

L0B0: Maybe it's just me, but for some reason I keep getting the impression that Jaina has become less attached to characters that she once had stronger bonds with as the story goes on. Perhaps it is merely a natural aspect of her personality that she tends to repress her own emotions, and I'm reading too much into that. In other words, she doesn't 'wear her heart on her sleeve' as the saying goes, and that makes me think that just because she doesn't express her feelings that she doesn't have them and/or doesn't want to get too close to anybody for fear of leaving herself vulnerable to potential heartache.

I agree actually. I think you have it right. Jaina wears some thick emotional armor in this series.

For example, she appeared to be far less concerned about Jag in the aftermath of escaping Apollyon than he was about her. Likewise, she behaves as if Wrev is just another comrade and there was never anything more between them than that. Mostly, I think all of this may be caused by her inability to cope with her unique perception Jacen's betrayal. Due to the galactic scale of his influence, it is easy to forget that out of everybody, Jaina is the one person who shared such a fundamental bond with her twin that she doesn't know how to process the loss of it. Even if it isn't completely severed, it has certainly been damaged. As a result, Jaina now seems to doubt her own judgment to form and maintain personal relationships.

Jaina's reaction to Jacen's fall was sort of under-examined in LotD, I think because of the 6 month gap between her finding out about him on the Rapture and the events of the next story. I hope it will be addressed in a more satisfying way in this story.

As for her feelings for Jag after Apollyon, I think she was concerned, and again it might simply be my failing to convey that properly. But I agree with your general thesis here about her keeping distance between herself and others. Something she started back in the NJO when "Cappie" died.

Maybe I'm not thinking clearly, but it still seems to me as if Jaina is always the one who winds up in the
    direst of circumstances and has to fight her way out (with or without help), which tends to occupy most of her time. Meanwhile, her siblings are gallivanting about the galaxy leaving a dramatic trail of consequences in their wake. That is what give me the impressi

19. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Just caught up on the last two updates, YK. All running along nicely so far.

Although, Nightsisters? After their display in Backlash they'd get their asses kicked even worse than what the Tribe did to them!

20. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Wait, you mean Anakin had a sex-change and married?!? That seems a tad of an extreme reaction to seeing Tahiri alive.

Oh, wait, you meant Leia. :p

21. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    *slides into the post waving and grinning*

I'm alive, I promise! Sorry, I haven't replied in awhile; finals, a trip to California, and a obligation to exercise my own muse took precedence.

I'm back now, however, and all caught up! :D

These last few posts have been really great, Yobi! I'm especially impressed with how well you handled the massive info-dump in each one!

It's nice to see that Jaina's up and around, and my heart goes out to Jag... I'm glad that Wrev's making at least a small effort to be nice to her... (I'm still cheering for that pairing, btw... ;))

You scared me though, with one of your comments to another reader after they had mentioned how much they liked Kyp... You replied by saying that lots of people are going to die... was that a hint that Kyp's on that list? [face_worried]

Anyway, I'm glad to see Luke back with his family. You write Ben really well! And I couldn't help laughing when he told Tahiri to go to Dathomir... what an obvious set-up! (To us, anyway. :p)

Well, that's about it for now... I'm a bit short on time for anything more in depth. I'm looking forward to Friday's post!!

~Celeste

22. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    So when's the next update, Yobi? And no, I don't mean which day, since I know it's Friday, I mean what minute? :p And will we see Malig create a Force storn that destroys the entire galaxy and transports him to Earth just so he can kill Superman, and then travel back in time to 17 billion years ago to start off the Big Bang? Yes, I think he's that badass.

*snorts*

Perhaps you're forgetting we have seen Anakin. :rolleyes: [face_laugh]

23. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    You could work on your manners.

And, yeah, I forgot that one chapter.

24. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I was just kidding. Thus the laugh face. ;)

:p

25. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    I'd say the combination of ":rolleyes:[face_laugh]" is a poor one, especially following a rather brusque tone of wording, but whatever.