main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Enlighten Me, Master!" Newbie's Lounge...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Mistress_Renata, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ima_Sox

Ima_Sox Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2001
    I have a question about "autofire". Page 118, of the core rules, says all blasters have multifire capabilities. What about autofire? Are repeating blasters the only blasters with autofire ability?

The book makes sure to point out that using a repeating blaster only has a smaller penalty -2/-4 instead of -4/-6 in multifire/autofire usage. So do all blaster also have autofire at the regular penalty, or just multifire?

2. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    I think for the most part you're correct, it could be that they were planning on releasing info on more weapons with multi-fire and just haven't yet. Or it could be just another typo in the book.

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Page 145 states that all attacks made with autofire have a -6 penalty, which can be reduced by feats. The wording of the paragraph, "You may attempt two extra attacks per round with a weapon that has autofire." suggests that not all blasters have this ability, only ones such as E-webs and repeaters that have autofire listed in their text have this function.

4. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Thanks for the info.

5. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Does anyone else have questions?

6. Harvey_Wallbanger

Harvey_Wallbanger Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2002
    Does anyone else have questions?

Yes, acutally, I do. We like to keep track of time during our campaigns. Is there any kind of standard calendar during the Rebellion Era? Thanks for any help.

Harvey

7. Jedi_Master_Lennier

Jedi_Master_Lennier Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    In my experience most GMs use ABY or BBY (After or Before Battle of Yavin). Though not very accurate does give a year.

8. cube

cube Jedi Master

Feb 14, 2002
    Hi I'm cube and I am a newbie!

Do people actually do roleplaying in this forum atall?

9. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Greetings, Cube.
    The forum for role playing is here. This forum is for discussing aspects of the tabletop RPG.

10. Jedi_Master_Insei

Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2000
    Hey, all. I'm thinking of starting up my own d20 SW campaign, using only the core book (and stuff I approve, as I only own the core), and, while looking through the book, I came across a problem.

Defense. In two different areas, it states different things for armor and class defense. Do they stack? Does armor replace class defense? What? Please help me!

11. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    According to the core rules, the defense bonus of the armor does replace the class bonus; the bonuses do not stack. This is clearly stated on the character sheets (in small type). In the revised edition that is comming in May armor will provide DR instead of a defense bonus. I know that some people are already using this rule.

12. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Fingorfin were did you get that info on armor?

13. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Since I do not know which information you ae refering to:
    Core book and the standard WOTC character sheet. In the spot for Defense, it has the boxes to write your modifiers for calculating your score: 10+ (class bonus or Equip Bonus)+ DEX mod+ Misc. Under that it says, "Note: Class bonus and Equipment bonus do not stack."

The thing about the armor adding DR: The idea first appeared in SW Gamer # 5. The news about it being incorporated into the new rules came from a SWRPG website, SWRPG Network, I think.

14. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Oh, ok. Anyone have any questions?

15. Enlightened

Enlightened Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    Not questions, just answers. EpIII will be 20 years before ANH, 2 years after AotC.
    The X-wing was introduced at the beginning of the X-wing game. It isn't known how long that took, but the two add-on campaigns covered the Yavin-Hoth Gap (3 years)
    Galactic Standard Time is based on Coruscant time:
    60 seconds in a minute
    60 minutes in an hour
    24 hours in a day
    5 days in a week
    7 weeks in a month
    A year has ten months (350 days), plus 18 days of holidays for 368 days.
    For us, events are compared either to the Battle of Yavin or Endor

16. A_Sharad_Hett

A_Sharad_Hett Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    I have a few general questions. I started to look into this rpg, but never could really get a handle on space travel, and handling a starship.

Where can you get concise maps of the GFFA? Can someone explain how you place a difficulty # on ship movement or action? What books are needed to make the action of space travel and combat a little less vague?

17. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Try the Starships of the Galaxy book and Star Wars Gamer #8 for help with starship and flight functions. Setting the DC for starship actions is covered in these books.
    The system that WOTC developed in the core book is pretty weak, but the new rules in the Gamer (which are the rules that will be used in the revised edition) are much better. Hopefuly the revised edition will have a more detailed map of the galaxy.

18. A_Sharad_Hett

A_Sharad_Hett Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    Thank you Fingorfin...

When will the revised edition be coming out? If not for awhile, can someone point me in the right direction to find Gamer #8? I've got relatively near me (Borders, Hastings, and Barnes & Noble) I tried the comic book stores near me, but no dice. Thanks in advance.

19. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Revised rules arrive in May. Try online comics and gaming stores as well as WOTC's online shopping to find back issues of Gamer. The letters page claims that they sell back issues.

20. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    You could also ask one of the stores to special order. They might be able to.

21. Master Starkiller

Master Starkiller Jedi Youngling

May 10, 1999
    Help! I'm a newbie...well, not exactly, I just haven't ever posted in RP here before! :D I need a master...yeah, a master. That's be nice! Is RPing here different from the RP at J.net?

22. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Patience, Crimson. My next game is tomorrow. I'm SURE I'll be in here with questions on Sunday... [face_laugh]

23. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm relatively new to this stuff and want to know more.

I know all about this 1D6 system and other AD&D stuff but my knowledge is limited.

All I Get is:

Roll the dice..

A Six, is it dead?

No.
    Roll again..

A Six, is it dead?

No.
    Roll again..

A Six, is it dead?

No.
    Roll again..

A Six, is it dead?

No.
    Roll again..

A Six, is it dead?

No.
    Roll again..

A Six, is it dead?

No.
    Roll again..

A Six, is it dead?

No,
    Sod this I'm off to the Pub.

24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Okay. I got one. (I knew it would happen)

Under "Skills --Force --Enhance Ability": it requires an attack action to add a Force bonus.

The table has "results" from 15 to 30+. So what kind of roll are we making here? Standard 1d20 Attack roll, with bonuses factored in? Add the Force bonus to the result, using the result to look up the bonus on the table?

Or do you do a separate roll to see if you get the bonus, then roll again to see if you succeed at whatever particular activity you want to do and add the bonus to that?

In any event, is it 1d20, in which case how can you end up with 30+ on the table? ?[face_plain]

(Why is it only the Jedi questions that throw me? ;) )

--Renata

25. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    This is handled just like any other skill roll. You roll 1d20, then add your CON modifier + number of ranks in Enhance Ability + any other misc. modifiers + the result of the roll. The answer to this equation is the number that you compare to the table on page 85 to determine your bonus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.