main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Reader's Companion by Pablo Hidalgo.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , May 17, 2010.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Leia's lightsaber changes all the time... what does she do with the original lightsaber that Luke makes her?

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's all crazy. She has a red lightsaber in the NJO, which of course was before the whole "only Sith have red sabers" thing. I haven't read POT in forever, so I forget any details about that yellow lightsaber.

Naturally when DNT came around she quickly made a new blue saber.

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe red just wasn't her colour!

4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Jeez, I knew Leia's lightsaber color changed several times throughout the timeline but I didn't know it changed that many times! I thought the yellow saber on the cover for Planet of Twilight was just meant to go with the yellowish background. I didn't know she was actually using a new weapon in the novel.

5. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    She changes her hairstyle in practically every scene in the movies, only fitting she gets a new lightsaber each book :rolleyes:

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Maybe she has a... mood lightsaber!

Beat that, fancypants Pre Viszla!

Ris_jSarek and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  7. AirNeeva

AirNeeva Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Therefore, that means that she was unsettled during Planet of Twlight, angry during NJO, and relaxed during LOTF and FOTJ?

Makes sense. (Sort of)

8. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
  9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Wasn't Leia drinking drugged water in Planet of Twilight? If that's the case then her mood lightsaber should have been a psychedelic rainbow color during her duel with Beldorion. :p

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  10. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Oh man, applying that to other Jedi is hilarious.

Mace Windu is a man who knows what he wants, Obi-Wan and Anakin (?!) are fun and relaxed, Yoda and Qui-Gon and Ahsoka ([face_laugh]) are calm and collected

11. AirNeeva

Feb 20, 2012
    In fact, I think there was this idea of Jedi mood rings that was eventually rejected:
    [​IMG]

12. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    And they did not make this thing... why? There's still time, Lucasfilm! I'd wear it.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If it didn't have that filthy starbird on it, I might agree with TrakNar on this issue...

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    The Starbird is an ancient symbol of the Republic armed forces ;) one creative choice by the Emperor and the Stormtroopers would have been using it.

5 times as funny if you apply it to Mando armor colors. ^^

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Actually, I would have one problem with that ring; it's metal and I can't wear metal. :(

But skin infection be damned, if they made it, I would wear it anyway!

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    As much as I love getting images from the BFC, Leia just looks plain frightening here. Maybe it's the disconcerting ear, maybe it's .... No, it's the ear. Why is it so big?!
    Okay, pettiness aside; I love that Leia is wearing a different coloured version of her robe from ESB.

Also this is awesome:
    [​IMG]

17. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    From "Jedi vs Sith i The Essential Guide to the Force", Leia's old Lightsaber was taken away by Saba so she constructed one using a shard of the Kaiburr Crystal - which was red in colour.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    JackG, I really thought that Leia was giving Nil Spaar a calculating stare.

Leia's had a red, yellow and blue blade, no? I forget. And of course Vima's blade... which was green?

19. AirNeeva

Feb 20, 2012
    Leia contrasts with the background a bit too much. I mean, she looks too "real".

20. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It looks like she's in an art gallery staring at their latest statue of Nil Spaar.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't think there's anything wrong with Leia's ear, JackG. We just don't typically see her hair pulled back that way.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Leia's ear is fine. Though, the detail and smoothness of her face compared to her hands, her clothes, the background, and that Nil statue... There's too much of a contrast. Her face seems out of place with the rest of the style.

23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Yeah, it has a more photorealistic style compared to the more blurry/rough impressionistic style especially to her dress.

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Finally got mine from Amazon US. I didn't realize the book was that thick and heavy. Looking forward to curling up with it!

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'll admit my first reaction was something similar -- "Hold on, there's actual text in this book?!"