main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~*~ The Ewan McGregor Fan Club of the JCC ~*~

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quarantine, Mar 19, 2002.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    :(

Oh well, maybe next time...and yes, you could ask him later.

I can't wait to hear what his next film might be. :)

2. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Hey Vailary: i think this quote might answer a question u had about how accurate The Impossible will be http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...-on-the-red-carpet/article4531005/?cmpid=rss1
    “I was struck by how brutally true and honest the writing was,” Ewan McGregor said. “Then I found it was a true story and that some of those lines of dialogue were what the family remembered saying.”
    The film in question, The Impossible, tells the incredible survival story of a tourist family during the South Asian tsunami of 2004.

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I will definitely try to ask some again :) May be better when everyone isn't bombarding him with questions :p Really looking forward to his next project! Hope he can say soon

4. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Some pics from the premiere :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

serendipityaey likes this.
  5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I'd seen a few of these! Thanks for posting :) There were lots of tweets from fans saying he was so kind when they got to meet him. And some saying it was really crowded :D

6. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    A few more, what the heck lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a new poster
    [​IMG]

Gkilkenny likes this.
  7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    There can never be enough Ewan pics!

obimom likes this.
  8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    agreed! Keep em coming...[face_love]

9. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Ewan tweeted this link to his next project today :) :

Ewan McGregor Joins ‘August: Osage County’

BY THE DEADLINE TEAM | Wednesday September 12, 2012 @ 11:10am PDTEmail This
    [​IMG]Ewan McGregor has been cast alongside Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts in August: Osage County, the movie adaptation of Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play that begins production September 24. The Weinstein Company made the announcement today. McGregor will play Bill Fordham, the estranged husband of Barbara (Roberts) and son-in-law of pill-popping matriarch Violet Weston (Streep). A college professor, he left his wife for one of his students but wants to be there for his family. His marriage is disintegrating and his patience is running thin. McGregor, most recently seen in Beginners and Salmon Fishing In The Yemen, is up next in The Impossible, the Juan Antonio Bayona tsunami movie that just had its premiere at the Toronto Film Festival. He is repped by UTA and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern, as well as United Agents in the UK.

10. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    edit: Blasted server problems. Here's a pic instead of a double post... (goes to find pic...)
    [​IMG]

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Aw...a movie with Merle Streep AND Julia Roberts...hmmm...I respect that he mainly wants to do movies based on real life...and he's good at it..but I sure would like to see that dazzling smile and fun personality in an adventure of some kind...:)

Unfortunately the kind of movies he prefers are not usually the kind of movies that get a lot of attention....but I understand he doesn't do movies based on how much money it will make or how successful it will be...he's more the artist in that sense than a traditional "movie star"... and in contrast..thats part of what I like about him - go figure...;)

12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I agree completely. There's also the unknown factor of what he's offered. The more he does something like Beginners and does really really well and gets a lot of industry attention I think the more of those types of script he'll be offered, thus more the chance of him seeing a script in that bunch that he loves.

I think this character seems to feel very different from others, but it is a type of genre he seems to have done more of. I'm super curious about how Jack and the beanstalk will turn out. I really hope he's in it a lot and his character is enjoyable. It's certainly my least favorite look of his but it seemed to work really well with the armor actually, if not quite in real life :D

One of the reasons I loved Salmon Fishing was because it was a bit of an adventure, if on a small scale, but still, and it was fun and a little silly and romantic and just sweet as opposed to Beginners and Perfect Sense, which I love but were more about finding bits of happiness in a setting of a lot of misery instead of finding fun and adventure in a mundane setting.

I like the meaningful, real life stuff but I love seeing him just have fun in a fun movie too :)

13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    On September 10, Ewan was in Nuerburg, Germany for the Goodwood Revival 2012.

Here are some pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Iron_lord and serendipityaey like this.
  14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I don't think it was the 10th, I thought it was yesterday? I tweeted a picture of him in his helmet and ready to go and he said I loved it and he retweeted me late last night and said he had a great time! It looked like a lot of fun! :D

15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    According to Ewan McGregor Online, it was the 10th. And lucky you that got his respondse on Tweeter.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Looks like some of the info they got was wrong, I know Ewan said he was there on Saturday :) Here's a little blurb from the Goodwood site:

"A capped 146,000 motor sport enthusiasts and retro-fashion fans flocked to this weekend’s Goodwood Revival (14-16 September) to join in the fun and celebrations at the world’s largest historic motor race meeting."

And Goodwood is actually an Estate in West Sussex, England, so it was there in the UK, not Germany, although I saw places mentioning Germany too, weird. Whoever runs the Ewan Online site noted that the original info they posted was wrong.

I love when he talks to me on twitter! [:D]

And here's a new pic from the upcoming The Impossible. He looks ah-mazing!!!!!

https://twitter.com/WarnerBrosSpain/status/247701569779429376/photo/1/large

[​IMG]

Gkilkenny, Kenobi-FAN and obimom like this.
  17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    the pic -oh yeah...[face_love]

18. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I don't know what it is, but I love that pic more than any I've seen in awhile :D

Gkilkenny likes this.
  19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, yeah...that is SOME picture! =P~[face_love]

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I think he almost looks normal, like a normal dad, but still really, really attractive, and those blue eyes. The hint of 'normalness' makes him seem more accessible. And I love his hands.

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    He's far more than a pretty boy. He is normal and terribly good looking and I love those glasses on him. I prefer normal, good looking to pretty boys who often grow up to be - a bit less so. Pretty does not always age well.

22. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes, I love those glasses on him as well and I'd love to take them off too. Hmmm... I think Ewan's look is edgier, and I really like it, and it's really him but this really struck me. It's just plain, but put together, and I think it really let's his natural good looks really shine.

In beginner's he was a little scruffy (his character going through a lot) and Salmon Fishing more stuffy and buttoned up although there are some good scenes in the dessert. This is just perfect :p

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    He has really matured well, hasn't he?

As a young man, (in his twenties especially, but also in his thirties), he was probably one of the most dazzlingly beautiful men I had ever seen - very much a pretty boy so to speak, and although during some of those years he drank a lot and smoked, etc. I don't think he was ever shallow. Most pretty boys (none of which hold a candle to him in looks in my opinion), are shallow and never really grow up...they think they're God's gift to women, and act like the world owes them because of their looks - Ewan has never been like that that I can see.

I think a large part of what helped him was not only the wonderful parents it seems he has (and who he still adores), but also the fact that he met his soul mate while still fairly unknown, married her and began raising a family. That opened his eyes a bit, and that is part of the maturity we see now.

So now, he's no longer so much the "pretty boy" but he's still very, very good looking, still has those amazing eyes, but he grew up. He's a family man, and also has a heart to help those in need ( and not for the publicity either, most of his good works are hidden from public view - other than things like being a spokes person for unicef, etc.) and a genuinely caring man. He is a rarity, especially in Hollywood.

And that movie looks amazing, and he looks amazing in it. When is it supposed to come out? If it has already, as usual there hasn't been a blip about it around here. It will probably pass by our area ignored again...:(

24. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Agreed!!:)

Now, must get ready for work - another 10 hour day, but not so late this time.

Later!!

25. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'd post more in this thread, but any talk of Ewan just makes me =P~

I'm glad he's such a down-to-earth type guy.

serendipityaey likes this.