main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The famous Borat, or 'Sithforcelord' to us!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by solo77, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Mark once again you are still miling your celebrity status from last years sevens!

click here poeple

Dude, wth! Talk about taking the fun out of the sevens, maybe I'm glad I'm not going this year (not really, I am very sad) but c'mon people, tlak about a killjoy.
    I agree fully with you mate. This is what is wrong with NZ and part of the reason I left, it stems from the top where our country or 'Helengrad' is becoming a frekin embarrassment. Freewill is being removed and the PC police are telling us what we can and can't do. Unless there is a change I ain't heading back anytime soon.

2. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Good old SFL makin' the headlines. What's next dude? A one-on-one with Pippa???? ;)

You as good lookin' as always. With or with out a mankini. =D=

3. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    The weird/stupid/funny/hypocritical thing is, that until last week the Sevens Official Website was using that pic of Mark to promote the event, yet now that sort of costume is banned.......morons.

Oh and it's now gone international:

clicky clicky

and

The Nation reacts!

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    :)

2 days ago I get a call from a lady at the Dominion Post saying she'd just been speaking to my mum and got my vodafone cell number. They must have 018'ed my folks in Blenhiem from my previous interview and then asked mum for my 021 as I was out of 027 reception. Gave an interview, then the next morning it's front page (again) on the Dominion and Chch Press, then at 6:30am Radio Live calls asking me to talk to Marcus Lush at 7:15am, then More FM called a few hours later, then TV3 News ask for the interview and come out at 2:30pm for that, while the Rock asked for an interview after 3pm. The Marlborough Express called also during the day and asked a few questions regarding Blues, Brews and BBQ's and that they had said I'd be welcome there as Borat anytime. Then I return home and find an email in my business account from Kiwi FM (must have googled me) asking for an interview this morning, which I did. I then called Hauraki (which is my radio station). Said "why haven't you blokes called me? Na, I didn't mind as they didn't pilfer my supposidly private contact details. So had a yarn with them and then the Morning Pirates called back thanking me again and gave me free double tickets to the 20/20 match against the Poms at Eden Park on the 5th.

I hit the Dominion up for a 7's ticket beeing cheeky and she said she might scrounge one, I can't go this year so I laughed and said, na just kidding.

TV3 News cut a heap but still, bit of fame for another year... The Rock guys loved it, esp the "action" I scored down there, and Hauraki boys think it'll go full circle and that I'll be asked to come back as an imitator... I doubt it, but I stupidly said to them if they need promo, let me know - as long as I get some Hauraki girls phone numbers. They cracked up and said they have my cell and address so they'll be in touch.

//sigh//

Got texts, calls and emails from all over the country again. A chick I'd been seeing last year went back to Welly for a few months over new years and she texted saying "omg, is that really you? you're crazy etc". lol

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    awesome dude, news made it all the way to melb, wendy emailed me at work. I hit the link to Stuff, there you were in all your green glory.

well done my man.

7. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Pfft, you should have been an indian like the rest of us, traitor! :p

Love your work mate, gonna be sad not going this year :_|

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    haha,

Yea, Shands said he has a spare ticket too... and another mate of mine was going... ah well, nevermind. Have to be responsible this year and do this highly important work for my career. :p

9. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I'm trying to get my fix, by listening to ZM online at work and checking out all the news sites for pics

:_|

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Tell me about it. Texts from friends there didn't help this morning. So I've been in front of the tv with the sevens coverage on, while doing office work all day long with the laptop on my lap (go figure) and lamenting all day long.

Looks like madness... I sure hope the reasons I missed it were worth it in the future... [face_plain]

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    [image=http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/699320.jpg]

says it all. :p

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    [image=http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/images/699231.jpg]

W.O.W!

13. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I know the one on the left :D

14. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001

Numbers please?

XD

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Sorry to bring this up again, but I found the funniest and probably the most accurate article yet.

www.dropkicks.co.nz

16. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Arrrggh!!! My eyes!!!!!! :_|

17. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Man, harsh.

That guy tore you a new one....****

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, but he kinda enjoyed my get-up too. Any article with incorrect grammar; namely this: "And what a uproariously funny..." you can't take too seriously. :p

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominionpost/4566358a23918.html

I got interviewed about that the other week. Forgot about it till now and so thought I'd link the story...

big plans there jono...

She stressed that the council was not planning a week-long "drunken party" but a variety of events to keep tourist in the city.

Translation: "It'll be a week long drunken party"

20. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    EXCELLENT!!

Will be back for the '09 event [face_dancing]

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    http://www.nzisevens.co.nz/Tickets.htm

Yono, which section are we usually in? Red section?

Category A $160 (Covered seating on the Eastern and Western side)

Category B $140 (Uncovered seating on the Eastern and Western side)

Category C $140 (Covered seating at the Southern end)

Category D $115 (Uncovered seating at the Southern end)

Red Zone $130 (Covered and uncovered seating at the Northern end for those wanting to party)

Adult - Alcohol-free Zone $105 (Uncovered temporary seating at the Southern end)

Child - Alcohol-free Zone $40 (Uncovered temporary seating at the Southern end)

Or just go for cheapest?

Ticketek

22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    OMG!!! What have you done?!?! faints

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    WTH? [face_plain]

Umm, so yea Jono...?

24. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    I think pinky has just come up to speed with the whole Borat thing.

[face_laugh]

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.