main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Galactic Senate RPG - [August] *In Session*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nava Kree
    Coruscant Shopping District

Nava was in a much better mood nowdays. With Pol returned, she was able to relax. She managed a short trip home to smooth down things, and she had even heard that most of the pirates involved if they werent dead, had been rounded up. That had put her into a much more relaxed mood.

This morning Nava found herself, looking for some special spices and material. She was planning something, and Senate be danged, she was going to do it herself. She had read abunch of new things that the Senate were thinking about for next session, but personally, she could care less.

They had almost little to nothing to do with her own people. She didnt even understand a few things, but she wasnt going to bother Pol with it till later. She would look it up herself. But right now, Shawn and she were busy shopping. She rather linked listening to what THEY thought of certain bills and such...much more than her high collar Senate folks.

She was beginning to miss Pod Racing.

Nava finished purchasing the last of her items she would need, and then suddenly decided to stop over at another restaurant near the Senate area. Not the fancy one everyone else went to, but one that tailored more to the all the other folks that worked in and around the Senate area. She didnt have to ACT there.

WIth a slight whistle, Nava and Shawn headed for the place, their speeder loaded with packages, as she thought about how much she could use this much needed break. If things didnt pick up soon, she might be sending home for a replacement.

TAG: Any who want to talk

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Alright, more work done here!

[u]GM?s Check List[/u]

1.) Updated Public Relations figures for the latest round of votings. [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    2.) The issues for the next period will be posted here in the thread [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    3.) New Republic Intelligence Data on these resolutions to be posted [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    4.) Updated polling data for your people and what they think about the new resolutions. [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    5.) Party stances for the bills will be posted [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    6.) Small "State of the Galaxy" post giving any long-term trends or impacts associated with the laws.
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of July [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]

[hr]

[b]PS:[/b] I sent statistics to all those who have posted in the game over the last 2 months. If you didn't get a PM but are interested in playing, let me know, and I can get you processed. :)

Tomorrow I will do the State of the Galaxy post, and we'll be ready to rock and roll come August.

-I_H

3. Jonn1234

Jonn1234 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2008
    Name: Rep. Yenn
    Species: Yoda's
    Appearance: Bald and Silly looking
    Personality: Funny, although is can be very strict
    Schooling: Village of Naboo High
    Bio: Born on Naboo and helped the Naboo Gungan Children during the battle of Naboo, Senator Joe NN of lego is a very smart and wise person. At the age of twelve Yenn and his mother moved to lego were Yenn's uncle, at the time was senator. Yenn's uncle Dstura fought to end the Glactitc Civil War on lego. Later, Senator Dstura died. Rep. Kuto took his place and therefore a new Rep. was needed and Yenn, at the age of thirty-two took office as lego's first Yodian Rep.

twenty-three years later Sen. Kuto resigned as sentator and Yenn took her place. Yenn now is trying to stop the Swarm War, but he needs help!

Politics
    Representative For: lego
    Party: Conservative
    Personal Platform: Wants to end the Swarm War, Luke Skywalker has endorsed him for Senator. He wants Teachers at Schools to get an income of 70,000 Credits a year. Jedi Plon Jio is running for Junior Senator of lego and endorses my Teacher funding program. I would like to kick Tatioone out of the republic and protect Courscourt from invader.

4. Jonn1234

Jonn1234 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2008
    Senator Yenn is in the Jedi Council room talking with the Jedi about ending the Swarm War although Senator Juli of Dantioone was trying to back up the council on not ending the Swarm War and countinue to fight even though Juli got her way she was impeached by the Senator Yenn

Outcome
    Yes Impeached:780
    No Not Impeached: 725
    The outcome was in favor of Sen. Yenn Dantioone's next Senator is unknown although Yenn thinks that Former Senator Binks of Naboo should take her place in the time being.

Outcome
    No Binks:1439
    Binks: 56
    The outcome as you see wasn't in favor of Yenn. The Senate then said this:

"Rep. Been"

And therefore Been was Senator until Dantioone deceied.

A good day for Yenn it was

5. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Woah woah woah...

Hey Mr. Jonn1234, hold your horses...

1.) All sheets must be approved by the GM. You did not do that. Hence your sheet is void.

Because if you had, I would have pointed out...

2.) We're not anywhere near the Swarm War chronologically. We're doin' simple New Republic pre-NJO. So thats not going to fly.

Both your posts are stricken from the record, and you should submit a new character sheet to myself if you wish to play.

-I_H

6. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    I_Hammer Approved!

Name: Elasha Dragos
    Species: Cathar
    Appearance: Ceremonial tattoos from the Cathar covering his entire body. Long hair tied in warrior braids. Brown-orange fur, 6'6, 259 lbs. White silk vest and pants.
    Personality: Determined, disciplined, and a powerful charisma. Despite the air he gives off to the galaxy, on Cathar or whenever he's truly comfortable, he's a joyful, almost playful figure who enjoys dancing and hunts. Can be cruel when crossed and murderous in execution of tasks for his people.
    Schooling: Cathar navy.
    Bio: A great warrior turned diplomat by the events that have shaped the galaxy. He's the youngest Senator ever to come from the Cathar and was disliked at first, but eventually loved by his people by his youthful personality and love for traditions.

Raised on Cathar, Elasha was trained for the military by his father, after his mother had been captured and sold into slavery. At the age of 5, he had already mastered his first sword and was big game hunting by 8. He joined the military at 11 and served with his father for multiple years before joining the navy. Because of this and over 20 of service to the Cathar, the transition from warrior to being voted senator was troubling, but overcome.

Politics
    Representative For: Cathar
    Party: Liberal
    Personal Platform: Less humanocentric opportunities and more specie-wide opportunities. Economic reforms, stronger military, and pro-expansion.

7. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Alright... this is my big shifty post to back in session. Apologies for the delay. If the August In-Session needs to go a bit into the September Off-Session, I will allow this.

[color=darkblue][b][u]The State of the Galaxy[/u][/b][/color]

As the session reconvened to discuss its role in regulating certain consumer and societal affairs, the eyes of the Galaxy were very much so fixed on its military and foreign affairs. There had been small murmurs as to why the Senate had not taken up the issue, but there was a vocal group of pundits who insisted that the government should stay out of the military's business.

First up was the continuing operations of the New Republic Navy in the Bakuran crisis. Now in its 3rd month, the planet's blockade has taken a heavy toll on the Bakuran people. Major cities have taken damage due to the infighting, and casualties have slowly but consistently mounted. Another noticeable development is a still small anti-war movement that has emerged. They claim the republic has no place dealing with this intra-planetary dispute, and should have let Bakura stand. The public still supports the action 65 approve, 20 undecided, 15 opposed.

The other major issue was a development in the terrorism case which rocked the galaxy a month ago. Authorities had conducted a raid on what was thought to be a "Sons of the Other" compound on Nubia. The information came as an anonymous tip from a local citizen. A planetary military assault team was called in to bust open the compound and arrest all those found within it. However, it seemed that the Sons of the Other had rigged the place with an emergency self-destruct code, which was triggered by at least one member in it. The building suffered critical damage, and an estimated seven terrorists were killed inside. Three soldiers also perished, with seven injured. Police are actively scouring the remains for any evidence as to the existence of further SotO cells.

Confidence in the Senate is a little lower than the start of last session, though their view as a panderer to the localities has been lessened. A variety of special interest groups stand very interested in seeing how the Senate plans to settle these upcoming bills. Although they may seem mundane at face value, their rulings will have a very substantial effect on the day to day lives of countless citizens. Plus, they could serve as telling indicators for larger issues that may come up in "more important" bills.

[hr]

[b]IC: Start of the August Session[/b]
    [i]Location: The Senate Chamber[/i]

It was a partially cloudy day in Coruscant's legislative district. There was a low pressure system drifting in from the southwest, and weather forecasters predicted a 60% chance of rain by the end of the day. It was a little windy as the Senators made their way up to the Senate dome, ready to start the next legislative session. Once the Senators had navigated their way through the security checkpoints and the crowded main hall, they found themselves their dockets for the day and made their way into the main Chamber.

Once the clock had passed the scheduled time for debate to begin, the Deputy of the Senate, the Chief of Security for the Senate Building and enforcer of the technical rules for the proceedings, approached the main dais. It was his job to being the fairly ceremonial proceedings. He was dressed in old fashion Senate Guard Armor, and carried a ceremonial force pike.

The man procured a large bell from his pocket and rang it vigorously.

[b]?Hear ye, Hear ye!? he said, his voice filling the Senate Chamber. ?To all ye beings of the Galaxy. With this bell, the second session of the 19th Galactic Senate does hereby open for debate. In accordance with the Constitution of the New Republic, the floor does promote the honorable Majority Leader, Senator Vegor Zaller of Kuat, to the position of Moderator for this session. In addition, the floor does recognize in attendance the Chancellor the New Republic, the Honorable Territha of Kashyyyk and the Chief Justice of the New Republic, the Ho

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Senator Chaygte, guy at Customs

Her Lepi counterpart hadn?t been at all well when she had found him, and in sharp contrast to his time commanding her Black Sun frigate, it looked like he hadn?t been able to cope with both herself and his aide gone.

The senator made a promise to hunt the girl down when she got to Coruscant, abandoning her responsibilites like this.
    The fact that she was guilty of the same thing, to pursue an advertising contract for Xi Charr concussion missiles was not lost on her.
    It was a shame the end product was not ready for holocast yet, as she would have at least seen what all the trouble was about.
    At the moment she had nothing.

Pushing the repulsorlift container ahead of her, the lepi on customs duty stopped her from proceeding through the green Nothing-to-Declare arch.

?What is this??

?Medical cocoon.? And it certainly was, and she had transported Senator Donnoc inside it all the way from Coruscant, to recuperate. She would have to take part in the next session of the Galactic Senate by remote.

?Its open.?

The customs official really did not have to tell her this. She was the one that had tried to close it over the comatose politician?s girth, but there was probably four inches between the lid?s clasp and the recess on the rim of the bottom half.

She shrugged. ?What was I to do? If it was a suitcase, I would have sat on it, but I didn?t feel comfortable doing it here.?
    A light breeze coming off the spaceport?s ferrocrete apron and array of craters brushed her skirts around her knees as she waited on him to wave her through.

?Here's an idea; buy a bigger cocoon.?

In spite of herself, Chaygte raised an interested eyebrow. ?They said, ?one size fits all?.?

?They lied. You think Hutts use the same ones as humans? They probably meant one size fits all by species. Anyway, lets see some ID.?

The senator handed over her senatorial pass, ?Read it and weep.?

?Aha. You are a Republic Senator.? He handed the pass back, and continued, ?If your suite has holo?, you should be able to get a live feed into the Senate itself. And I would hurry if I were you.?

?I would, but some jobsworth delayed me at Customs.?

Tag: no-one

9. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: Where is everyone? Since no one else has started the debate I guess I will.

IC: Senator Torco Bastra
    Senate chamber

Torco watched as the Majority Leader took his position. He looked around the room looking to see who was going to take the podium first. When no one moved to speak; Torco switched on the mic, and stood to speak.

"My Fellow Senators. I speak to you opposing this bill. What is proposed in this bill is very risky. If the Ministry of Science fails to locate any tritium we will have wasted 20 billion credits on a wild goose chase. I don't see that as an acceptable loss. And even if they succeed, as the bill stated it will only last for about five years. What are you going to do in five years when it happens again? We won't have the credits to fund another expedition. We will have lost a significant amount of credits from this fuel tax holiday. A loss that I deem unacceptable." Torco switched off the mic, turned and sat down. He would wait to see if anyone was brave enough to counter him.

Tag: the senate.

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nava Kree
    Coruscant Shopping District

The start of the new Senate was killing Nava. She had fawned over Pol till he finally chased her off. Shawn found it hard trying to find out what happened to the other pirates, after what had happened, it was totally being hushed up. It was rather annoying, and made his job that much more difficult.

Nava meanwhile, was dreading the new senate. She began to think that her voice was being drowned out by the others, and she found herself daydreaming more about pod racing. Soon, the Senate started up once more. She and Shawn found themselves back in their

â??Hear ye, Hear ye!â??[/i] the man said, his voice filling the Senate Chamber. â??To all ye beings of the Galaxy. With this bell, the second session of the 19th Galactic Senate does hereby open for debate. In accordance with the Constitution of the New Republic, the floor does promote the honorable Majority Leader, Senator Vegor Zaller of Kuat, to the position of Moderator for this session. In addition, the floor does recognize in attendance the Chancellor the New Republic, the Honorable Territha of Kashyyyk and the Chief Justice of the New Republic, the Honorable Justice Blackstone of Alderaan."

He paused. Nava snorted in contempt.

"And now, it is my honor as Deputy of the Senate to yield the floor to the Majority Leader and open debate on Senate Resolution #10, the Nuclear Fuel Control Act."

Nava wiggled her ears as she remembered the bill. She didnt have much of an opinion on it.

She looked up as she saw Senator Torco stand.

"My Fellow Senators. I speak to you opposing this bill. What is proposed in this bill is very risky. If the Ministry of Science fails to locate any tritium we will have wasted 20 billion credits on a wild goose chase. I don't see that as an acceptable loss. And even if they succeed, as the bill stated it will only last for about five years. What are you going to do in five years when it happens again? We won't have the credits to fund another expedition. We will have lost a significant amount of credits from this fuel tax holiday. A loss that I deem unacceptable." Torco sat down.

Nava wiggled her ears, deep in thought, before she stood up, after notifying her attention to speak.

"Senators. Any way we look at this, there WILL be a loss of revenue. Whether it be from fuel tax...or from beings unable to travel because of the higher costs of fuel. And remember, this does not only effect travel. Costs for transportation of goods, and merchandise will also increase because of this. A fuel tax is a temporary bandage over a larger issue. We need to devise an alternate source. Either synthetic...or a change to something else entirely."

Nava paused for a moment.

"If we must do a fuel tax, then make it for a shorter amount of time, while the search for alternative fuel sources is done.

TAG:Mister_Master, anyone else alive...

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Senator Chaygte, CXC Medical Centre.

The business, technological and commercial alliance between Coachelle and the Xi Charr was starting to reap some benefits for the lepi people.

The insectoid race of religious zealots had been largely shunned by the rest of the galaxy following their involvement in arming the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars, but Coachelle had given them an ear.
    The lepi people, already breeding like rabbits, had filled up their home planet and in-system colonies, but lacked the know-how to build more habitats.
    That was the benefit of this alliance.

The CXC (Coachelle ? Xi Charr) Medical Centre was built on the surface of the primary planet, but was moulded to look like an extension of the subterranean caves that the lepi inhabited, a hill of yellow rock that housed lots of cave-like rooms, but filled with the facilities of a modern hospital.

Senator Donnoc was sedated in one, being drip-fed vitamins and nutrient boosters, while Senator Chaygte was in a VIP suite equipped with holonet access and holocomm.

She had an up-to-the-minute view of what was going on with the The Nuclear Fuel Control Act, and already, Torco Bastra and Nava Kree had stepped up to say something.

Chaygte was pleased to see the diminutive pod-racer still alive, since hearing of the attempt on her life, outside the Senate Building.

She stepped into the holo-projector, inserted her authority for the device to connect directly with its counterpart in the Senate Chamber, and waited for the green light to indicate her translucent blue image was being displayed for all to see.

?My fellow senators, I see no problem with the Bill. However, I agree with Senator Kree that an alternative form of energy needs to be looked into for when this problem arises again.
    My own immediate thoughts turn to solar, for this galaxy is not short of suns.
    ?

Though not meant as a pun, she paused so that her words were not covered by laughter, then continued.

?Also, we need to think a bit ?jawa?, and look at the reactors of decommissioned starships from the Imperial and previous eras. I know it is not fashionable, but I think it is worth looking at.
    I would however, urge this House to regulate against any pursuit of artificial black holes as a potential energy source. I know the science of it being an energy source, but the danger outweighs any benefits.
    ?

She moved to sit down, as the usual signal that a speaker had finished, but from the point of view of those back on Coruscant, simply dropped out of sight with a surprised look on her face.

Tag: Senators on Coruscant

12. Senator_Varanii

Senator_Varanii Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2008
  13. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Aaaah, I knew I forgot something! As I posted in Hoopers, but not here, I've been in the process of doing a very long cross-country move, from California to Illinois. This move, as of today, has finished. So with my time a little less stressed, I shall be resuming my regularly scheduled service.

We'll move for a vote on this tomorrow. Last chance to get your posts in!

-I_H

14. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Torco Bastra
    Senate chamber

After the two other senators finished speaking Torco stood back up. "Yes no matter how we vote it will affect the community's. But if we vote yay for the bill it will only come back to harm us. As my good Senator Nava Kree has stated we need an alternate source. If we vote this bill into action then finding a new fuel source will be harder to come by. Because we will be 20 billion credits in the hole. And I don't think the galaxy can spare that much credits." Torco returned to his seat, watching the podium.

Tag: senate

15. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: The Senate

From within the Chamber, a low-toned gong chimed. If any of the new Senators were confused as to its meaning, inside their handbook of Senate protocol, present at each podium, they would find: (New Text As Per E.R. #1)

Voting On Bills: After the set amount of time has passed on the discussion of a resolution, a single gong chimes to mark the end of debate. Afterwards, a repulsorscreen lowers into the center of the chamber, on which the results for the vote will be displayed. Each seating area has a voting station present on it. Senators are to insert their ID card into the slot until the green light above the slot turns on. This means the station is active. Senators are then allowed to press three buttons. The red button corresponds to voting nay on the bill. The green button corresponds to voting yay on the bill. The yellow button corresponds to a neutral vote of abstain. Every Senator?s vote shall be catalogued within the Congressional Record. All amendments will be voted on in the same manner as Senate Resolutions. Successful amendments shall only be passed should the original piece of legislation be passed.?

Then, as the packet said, a floating four-sided repulsor screen floated down into the middle of the chamber and began to rotate so that all the Senators could see it. On it was the following words:

Senate Voting Session Initiated
    Resolution: S.R. #10 - The Nuclear Fuel Control Act

Yays: 0
    Nays: 0
    Abstains: 0

And with that, the system was ready to accept input.

TAG: ALL

[color=red][b]GM?s Overture:[/b][/color] Same as always. This period will end the day in-game. After voting, Senators can spend the rest of their day doing whatever they want. Meetings, Dinners, Smoozing, Whatever. Out of game, this period will last until Tuesday or Wednesday. After the voting period is over, the next day will begin and the next resolution will be placed on the floor. As always, any questions can be PMed to me.

Thanks!
    -I_H

16. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Senator Bastra

Torco pulled out his card as the repulsor screen lowered down into the middle of the room. He inserted his card into the slot, and slapped the NAY button. He pulled his card out and returned it to his pocket.

Torco grabbed his cape, put it on, and left his booth. He quickly made his way to were Nava Kree was. He hoped to catch her before she left. She wasn't out of her booth yet, so he stood to the side, waiting for her to come out.

Tag: Ktala, anyone else.

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nava Kree
    Senate Chambers

A few more senators stood up and spoke, none really saying anything diffrent. Soon, a low-toned gong chimed.

Time to vote.

Nava patiently waited for the screen to come down, and then her console to activate.

Senate Voting Session Initiated
    Resolution: S.R. #10 - The Nuclear Fuel Control Act

She read the words carefully, as she thought of the bill. She slid her card into the machine. She then slowly pressed the NAY button, and then shook her head. There had to be a better way, than the one purposed.

After gathering her things, and standing, she and Shawn stood to leave her booth. It was Shawn's slightly stop, and touch of her shoulder that made her look up. Someone was waiting for them.

She gave a quick smile towards Shawn, as she spoke softly. "Nother boring talk, maybe?" she said with a chuckle, as she checked her holdout blaster. Satisfied, she made her way out from her booth, to see it was Senator Bastra who stood waiting for her.

"You, wished to speak with me, Senator?" Nava asked politely as her ears dipped slightly.

Tag: Mister_Master, anyone else.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Senator Chaygte, CXC Medical Centre

Aha, looked like it was time for the votes.

Although she hadn?t had a problem with the Bill to begin with, Senator Bastra?s comments had swayed her, so as she nodded to the aide carrying the ?hoofball?, an attaché case containing a Senate-issue remote voting kit, containing three slots simulating the voting consoles back in each representatives? pods.

She waved the aide outside, and slipped her ID card into the Nay slot.

Satisfied that her vote had gone through, she put her card away, broke down the kit, and resealed the case, calling for the aide.

Now she had to go sit with Donnoc for the rest of the evening.

Tag: anyone on Coachelle. Not anticipating a queue. :p

19. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: I'm giving this vote two more days. We have three votes plus my own to make 4 registered. 7 (I believe) are needed for a quorum, so we need three more people (2 if its six, someone will have to remind me). If we can't get that amount, the vote fails automatically.

Also, I would like to get some [u][b]PM's[/b][/u] from those who still read this about their interest in my continuing this game. Activity has dropped a lot (due in some part to my own absence... thank you RL), and I don't want to drag this thing out if people are not interested. My asking this does not mean that I am going to close this game. In fact, if I get a lot of people still interested, I may launch a recruitment drive like I did for Podracer II. I am just that I am interested in getting some feedback from the players. If you are tired, say so. If you think I should do something different, say so. If you would be devastated that I closed this game, please say so!

[hr]
    Also x2: In the interest in keeping this game on schedule, I am willing to offer my players two options by which they can vote, either in thread or in PM:

1.) Keep to the current schedule, and shorten out September off session by however long it takes to discuss SRs 11 and 12,

or

2.) Cut off a resolution and keep the September off session at full length.

If you choose option 2, please also include what resolution you would like to see cut!

Thanks!
    -I_H

20. Senator_Varanii

Aug 13, 2008
    Hammer Approved

About: Senator Faykan Varanii of Rendili
    Name:Faykan Varanii
    Species: Human
    Appearance:Militaristic Clothing, Polished Boots, Grey Hair at temples, grey eyes, air of nobility.
    Personality:At times course, charismatic, loud, longwinded, never forgets a favor, never forgives a slight.
    Schooling: Rendili Military Academy, Corscant University Doctorates in Political Science, Business, Law and Military History.
    Bio: Soldier, Warhero, Businessman, Author, Statesman, Faykan Varanii of Rendili has a few stories to tell he has fought pirates, chaired corporate Boards of Directors, sat high in government...and brawled in taverns, dueled rivals in ancient customs...all in sixty six years.

Born to Count Tellio Varanii, member of the Rendili StarDrive Board of Directors and Patriarch of House Varanii, eldest of 15 children. Educated at the prestigious Rendili Military Academy and joined the Rendili Defense Corps as a Leiutenant. Noted as decorated no less than a dozen times for actions against Pirates and other miscreants in his 5 year tenure. Left as a Colonel, several times wounded and decorated. Went to Coruscant University to "broaden his horizons" exceled in nearly every subject and was noted as a prodigy by many. Also known as "Good Time Vari" for his boughts of drinking, womanizing and gambling, with this he still graduated with honors, attaining several doctorate degrees. Left for Rendili to take his ailing fathers place on the Rendili Board of Directors. He with a cadre of like minded persons reawoke the sliding corporation and injected new life, created millions of jobs throughout Rendili and other systems.

Joined the Rendili Assembly at the age of 50 after marrying Calia Desern, a noblewoman from Belderone and siring 5 children, Calia died in childbirth with the last child whom survived. Three sons and two daughters, a legacy secured....and now a place in history to be made. At 65 he was approached by certain collegues to replace the ailing Senator Varskan Delei as Senator for Rendili, naturally the ambitious and adventurous Varanii, now Count Varanii after his fathers death accepted, and was elected via an enormous margin, of the 23 Billion sentients on Rendili, he was voted in by over 75% of the vote.

Politics
    Representative For: Rendili
    Party: Conservative ((Hawks))
    Personal Platform: As a member of the Board of Rendili, Varanii is a proponent of a strong military, as well as Free Trade, tough anti-piracy and anti-smuggling laws, lower tariffs, tax breaks for the corporations.

21. Senator_Varanii

Aug 13, 2008
    ::eek:PENING POST::

Orbit: RSV-Tyrants Test, near Rendili Skyhook Ardonna

Varanii read the various messages on his terminal and Senate Keypad including up to date information on the current resolution He wouldnt be able to make this one of course who could fault him, he was a replacement, made halfway through the vote due to a dying Senator, it was one missed vote and he doubted anyone would care

Assemble my escorts Captain I am going to the surface, transfer the remainder of my belongings to the residency, I want that done before conclusion of the business day.

22. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Senate Chambers

Torco waited patiently for the senator to come out. He was getting ready to leave for lunch, and send a message to her later. When she came out. "You, wished to speak with me, Senator?" Senator Kree asked dipping her ears just slightly.

"I wished to speak to you about a mutual friend," Torco began, brushing his cape back behind him. "I believe you knew Senator Vedis. My sources tell me that you were the last person to see him. And I wish to know what became of him." Torco shifted his feet. "Do you know what happened to him?" Torco asked the Lepi Senator?

Tag: Ktala, anyone else.

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nava Kree
    Senate Chambers

"You, wished to speak with me, Senator?" Senator Kree asked dipping her ears just slightly.

"I wished to speak to you about a mutual friend," Torco began, brushing his cape back behind him. Nava went on defensive as she casually looked over the man. Didn seem like the type that Tak would hang with..but then again, Tak seemed to deal with many.

"I believe you knew Senator Vedis. My sources tell me that you were the last person to see him. And I wish to know what became of him." Torco shifted his feet. "Do you know what happened to him?" Torco asked. Nava wondered exactally what 'sources' had he been speaking with.

Nava dropped her ears slightly, as she shook her head gently, her earrings jingled softly. "Im sorry. From what my assistant told me, Senator Vedis decided that he could do more good elsewhere." Nava sighed. "Im sorry I coudlnt be of any more assistance."

She waited to see if Senator Bastra had anything else he wished to ask. Shawn stood nearby, looking attentive, as he inspected this 'Senator'.

Tag: Mister_Master, anyone else

OOC: LEPI SENATOR?! :p HEHEHEHHEHE!
    She's about 4 feet to short for that! (Snicker)

24. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: OOPS, my mistake. There are so many many creatures, I used the wrong name.

senate chamber

"Im sorry. From what my assistant told me, Senator Vedis decided that he could do more good elsewhere. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more assistance."

Torco looked down at the other senator. "Thank you Senator Kree. I am both glad and saddened to here this. He was a good friend of mine." Torco stood up to his full height. "I must go now, Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I hope our two planets may conduct business together someday." Torco bowed slightly, then turned and left. He would stop for lunch, then he would have to take care of some business.

Tag: Anyone

25. Senator_Varanii

Aug 13, 2008
    IC: Faykan Varanii
    Rendili Arcology, Varanii Towers, Coruscant

Already with their great efficiency the myriad servants and droids had already in such a short time unpacked his things, laid out his more important files on the table and activated his computer terminal.

He sat at the Bloodwood desk, studied its grain and the individual fibers in it then after a moment turned to the comm terminal and activated it...sended a secure page to all the Conservative Senators, those he had spent weeks familiarizing himself with when he was elected. These would be his allies...now to introduce himself.

TAG:Conservative Senators.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.