main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Great Turnaround....or Turnabout

Discussion in 'Archive: State College, PA' started by wesjanson1138, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesjanson1138

wesjanson1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Ok SCers. It's about that time. And that time is time to become an official FF chapter. Episode III is coming up fast, as is CIII, and the former will give us all a GREAT opportunity to have our absurdly long-awaited "final end penultimate meeting." I believe that as it stands, we need to have one more meeting at which we will elect a city rep. After we do this, we can choose a sweet name for ourselves, and make an awesome banner to replace that boring Obi-Wan/Zam Wessel/Mace Windu/Clonetrooper FFNE one. I'm serious about this, and it's time to make our presence felt in the JC. This is what I propose:

Date: May 19

Where: Premier Movie Theatre, located in State College beyond the Sheets near Big Lots. New HUGE movie theatre. Can't miss it.

What: Going all out EIII. I'm talking costumes, camping the theatre with couches and DVD players, and being THE FIRST group to enter the theatre. I'm not going to get shut out of two consecutive movie theatres because of of sellouts this time...

Why: Because it's opening night of the CONCLUSIVE Star Wars movie. The saga is complete. Also, we coincidentally need a last meeting to become a legitimate FF. Right now, we're sort of a bastard child of the PA Mid-Rim. Since we all are going to see E3 eventually, I say we do it at the aformentioned time, and kill several mynocks with one blaster bolt. Also, it's hella fun. Ask the Chim, Sesfan, and Thrawn about last year...WOOKIES!

This is our best chance to have the meeting, IMO. So I say, make the most of it. AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL!!!!

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I concur.

Wow we can complete our membership just as the trilogy ends. Good idea, a little ironic, but I like it.

I might actually get a complete comstume this time. We will see, depends on how lazy I am from now until May 18th.
    I think we should call and ask the theater if we can loiter there that long(I mean how long are we going to stay there? ), just to be on the safe side.

At least if one of us is the City Rep then we have another place where we can all FORCEBOAT all over the place in, legally.

I think we have enough people with just the four of us. Anyone else who wants in can gladly come, we will welcome you. But I do believe we have enough to fulfill our member meeting quota.
    It is good that we get started with this in advance so that we can make this as quality as possible. Costumes, games, girls(maybe?), camping out, partying, all that good stuff.

3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Yeah I've had this idea for awhile.. so yeah.

4. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I just say "screw it" and set a date at a nice pizza place and whoever shows up...awesome! And then we can.....

**** I don't live here!

5. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    I was thinking more Chinese, since there's a place right near the theatre, but with Pizza we don't have to leave ground zero, so that might be better.

6. XzarKun

XzarKun Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Plus that chinese place isn't very good, both times I ate there I got sick. So I vote for pizza.

7. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm with Flare, we should just go to a nice pizza place before hand.

**** I don't live there either.

Flare, you and I should go get a pizza.

**** I don't live near you either. :(

Though honostly, chinese before a movie? Pizza works better.

8. XzarKun

XzarKun Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, pizza does work better. Also, they sell food inside the theatre, it'll cost a bit more, but it's right there.

9. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    Dude, Russ, we can go all smuggler on those guys in the theatre. I can get a two liter bottle of soda for the price of a small drink at Premier.

Heh, just watched Episodes I and II, succesively. Party night with the Sesfan.

10. XzarKun

XzarKun Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I might be able to get us a portable DVD player for the line.

11. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    That would win. Anyone have a decent TV?

12. XzarKun

XzarKun Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    The DVD player has a built in screen, like a laptop. But I know nothing of its battery life.

13. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I say bring in a laptop for the line. The screen is bigger and it will probably last longer too.

14. XzarKun

XzarKun Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Does anyone here have a laptop we can use?

15. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    Also, anybody have a sofa to be brought to the theatre? Or a truck to bring it there? Sofas = win.

Someone needs to camp the door/spawn point. I'm debating whether or not to attend school on the 18th.

16. XzarKun

XzarKun Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, same here, I'll try to take off that day.

17. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    My prom is the day after ROTS opens. We have school off the friday so that means I have to go thursday or I can't go to prom. Though I am skipping half the day at least.

18. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Are you taking Wes to prom?

19. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    Nope, the Weslove is for someone else. But I'd go with the Chim any time [face_love]

20. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I went to Wes's prom. It was teh funny. Also, I will be camping out at Premier pretty much all day...I'll hold teh spot in line (hopefully at the very front) so you guys can all have awesome seats. This is going to be killer!

21. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Think of me plz. HAVE FUN!

22. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Before you all head out to the line tommorow have a ton of fun, get drunk and be happy! For tommorow is the culmination of years of waiting like the happy geeks we are!

Also you guys need to get a group picutre, I mean 4 of my gaming buddies are going to be there, and I demand a picture! HAVE FUN AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH j00!

23. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    OMG IT IS THAT DAE!!11!1! We'll be thinking of you, Venture. Peace out, man.

Sesfan will be heading out to the theatre at 9ish AM. I'll be coming up after school about 1ish PM. Xxar Kun will show up around 3:30pm. And Chim and Poods? around 6pm? I'm leaving to play in a concert at about that time, and I'll be back 10ish. Tear it up for me while I'm gone.

Also, we're ordering Pizza and raiding Big Lots. Many lightsabers were made yesterday, but bring your own regardless. WE WIN AT LIFE! May the force be with us al.

24. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Wes is not wrong, many lightsabers WERE made yesterday. I am leaving to go to the theatre, I should be there in about an hour I'm guessing. With a cooler full of Lomin ale and a ligthsaber on my hip. STAR WARS, BITCHES! Let's get this thing ON!

25. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    STAR TREK RUL!S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.