main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 'Guests of CE' thread

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by DewbackRider88, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    After recieving the first CE news email yesterday, It is now confirmed that showmasters (the people behind collectormania) have been put in charge of the guests at CE.

This is pretty good news, as they have been able to get almost all the major cast members (Hamil,Ford and Daniels excluded) to attend their events at one time or another.

Also, Dave Prowes has said to have confirmed that he is attending this event.

So, speculations, wish lists, prior experiences with guests (good and bad) all in here.

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Although, I'd seriously doubt he'd ever do it, Ian McDiarmid would be on my wish-list. Harrison Ford would probably NEVER do autographs, but if paid enough, he might do a Q&A session. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher; I can see them being up for it.

3. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Great idea for a thread guys, this will really help me with my Celebration Europe site.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm pretty sure Jeremy Bulloch would do it if asked since he lives in the UK. However I'd also love to see Tem Morrison attend as well. He did Collectormania in Milton Keynes in 2005. I've met both actors and had great experiences with them - both were happy to chat for a bit and pose for a photo with me. Of course I also made it a point to seek them both out early in the day before they had huge lines. (Bulloch was at Memorabilia in 2004).

I'd stand in line for Ian McDiarmid as well.

5. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    Yeah, I got Jeremy Bulloch's autograph in 2005 and he was really nice and friendly, it would be great if he was there.

6. Wengboi

Wengboi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2006
    I'm looking forward to see whos attending celebration. I think there will be a lot of guests up for it, as its a pretty big event, and they'd want to be part of it.
    Also, it would be good to see Dave Prowse with a smile on his face for once, and not charging an arm and a leg for his autographs. =]

7. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Apart from the obvious people id like to see (Fisher, Hamill, Ford [face_praying] ) there are a few minor characters id love to get.

But mainly, im hoping for Amy Allen =P~ [face_love] :*

Ill be getting all the guests to sign my big 'posters of the saga' poster, but ill get a single photo aswell from Amy.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'd love to have Jay Lag'aia there, it's hard to find a funnier, more proffessional and friendlier guy around there.

9. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    I emailed Jeremy Bulloch, asking if he was going, and he replied saying that he would go if everythings o.k.

10. Wengboi

Wengboi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2006
    I second that Amy Allen comment! Yhum!! =]

Whn will they start announcing the confirmed guests, etc?

11. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    I'd really love to meet Nic Gillard.

12. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I think we can count on Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch and Peter Mayhew to come. Be at conventions seem to be all they do ... no offence intended.

Apart from the main/hero actors, the ones I most like to get auto's from are Denis Lawson (Wedge), Kenneth Colley (Piett) and Ian McDiarmid (Emperor Palpatine).

13. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    Yeah, I would really like to meet Ian McDiarmid.

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    W00t?:eek:
    I met him and he was all nice and friendly. And I got myself a bunch of autographs for free.:confused:
    Cannot have been my charms, because right then I had about none of that.:p

15. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    If they could get Ian McDiarmid, then that would be sensationally but I very much doubt he'll do it, but I'm sure Showmasters will have a go.

The bonus of it being in London is that a lot of the cast and crew are London based, so it makes things a bit easier, cheaper and allows for more variety. Sounds like the art department will be attending too, which is great news (well, for me anyway :p ).

16. CARBONITEKID

CARBONITEKID Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    Last I heard, the only way to get HF's autograph was to find him after the after show party. Seems he's far less reluctant with a drink or three inside him .

This info came from the UK's biggest star wars autograph collector. ( or so he said).:)

Shame Mike Sheard is no longer with us as this would have been right up his street.:_|

17. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I just hope christopher lee attends cause apart from star wars I just love horror movies so have always found his appearances in those movies amazing. Just a shame that peter cushing is still not around but I would like the chance to ask christopher what he was like as a person as they worked together in alot of movies.

18. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I would have thought Chris Lee's too busy recording his album to do Conventions :p

19. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    It's official: Dave Prowse will appear at CE!!
    He has CE on his schedule for this year.

20. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    I had a dream about CE last night, met Natalie Portman (steady!), had a picture taken with her and she had NO QUEUE!!! lol Like anything in that sentence is gonna happen lol

21. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    But it's kind of cute ;)

22. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Lightning Bear is also on confirmed guests list. Who Bear? The famous sw-stuntmen.

23. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    So thats 2 confirmed:

Dave Prowse: Darth Vader
    Lightning Bear: Stuntman, scout trooper, stormtrooper

Keep this list updated as and when you hear something

24. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    We certainly can dream, but just a dream it'll always be **sigh**
    Plus we may have to push Gael García Bernal out of the way first, the swine! :p

Lighning Bear played a Scout trooper in RotJ. He's very distinctive looking and will certainly stand-out in a crowd, in a very good way :D

I think Jeremy Bulloch is more or less confirmed too.

25. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    Excellent. Hope I don't get starstruck again :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.