main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq The "Heroes" Thread - MAY HAVE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Oct 6, 2006.

1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey Wook!

So yeah, Heroes is a pretty cool serial. To refer to your question from the Gen. Discussion thread:

Isaac Mendez is the writer and illustrator to the comic 9th Wonders. He does the whole comic book thing to make ends meet since he's that whole "misunderstood, struggling, heroine-junkie artist" guy.

You know how he painted all those "in-the-future" paintings when he was doped up? My guess is that he night not need to be high to see those visions of the future. One edition of 9th Wonders was about Hiro learning he can bend the space-time continuum.

If you remember from the pilot, Hiro is actually already a fan of Isaac Mendez. His wallpaper on his work PC was ULURU, some big beastie that Isaac has created in his comics.

I think it's kinda cool how everyone is interconnected in one way or another...

2. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I've enjoyed the first two episodes so far. I must say, by far Hiro has the coolest power.

3. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hiro rocks, my friend. The whole fact that he WANTS to have super powers is awesome, unlike someone like Claire who just wants to be a "normal" school girl/cheerleader waving her pom poms about?

That's my new desire for a superpower. Hiro's power.

4. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Oh yeah. If I had to choose to have one of the superpowers from the show, I'd definitely pick Hiro's. Followed by Claire, Matt, Peter, Isaac and finally Niki.

5. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    My choices would be similar:

Hiro, Claire, Peter, Matt, Isaac, then Niki.

Isaac's power would make you crazy, I think.

But what is up with Niki's "power"? She scares me...

6. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Yeah, her powers are kind of weird. Almost more of a burden than a blessing. I mean, sure, her powers helped her take care of those mob thugs, but now she's gotta deal with the bodies. And the skull that she found where she was burying them begs the question - just how many more people has her mirror image killed?

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    HOLY NUTS.

Last night's episode was freaky!

Back to Niki. She's starting to freak me out big time. Her little dual personality makes me paranoid. I mean, it took care of her problem, but it TOOK CARE OF HER PROBLEM. For the time-being, anyway.

But crikeys! What happened to Claire?!!!! I was reading on the 9th Wonders forum about what her pain tolerance must be like. Does she feel pain? Is her threshold higher than normal?

Oi, and what about the first confrontation with Syler. What the hey?!

8. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    What about waking up on the coroners table. ewwwww. That would be kind of cool not to die. By Sylar is going to be weird. With that one guy who gets shot and gets back up. But the cop can hear what the ladies are thinking. Easier to pick up a date that way

9. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Too bad he's married. Well, sort of. :p

10. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Did anybody wonder what happened to the cop in this episode. Showed him in the beginning but what happened. I think the cheerleader should get pissed more often.

11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I was wondering that too, Scott. What happened to Matt? What did that dude who can block mind reading do to him? Wipe his mind? Is that guy like Matt - but has developed his abilities to block others and other things like what he was going to do to Matt?

And OHMYGOD the end! Hiro Nakumura - SUPER FUTURE ENGLISH SPEAKING NINJA!!!!!!

12. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    The end of this past episode was amazing. Can't wait to find out what future-Hiro's got to say to Peter. It was also cool to see Niki and Isaac using their powers, and it certainly helped dimish the somewhat scary/creepy feel of Niki's powers I had prior to the ep. As for Matt, I believe we'll be seeing more of him next week as we find out just what happened to him. Over on another site I was reading someone threw out the wild speculation that the black guy working with Claire's dad might just be Micah's dad. Totally out there, but interesting to ponder about.

13. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Actually that is a good probability. He was into the gang stuff and killed before, maybe party of him is left behind in Micah's mother. That it was an after effect from intercourse with him.....

14. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Okay, finally had a chance to sit down and knock the episodes out on my DVR.
    I can officially say I am hooked!

15. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    It is an awesome show. Tara and I both love it.

16. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I am hooked also with Heroes, and with Dexter on Showtime.

17. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Save the cheerleader tonight!

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    EGADS! I can't wait for tonight. It looks to be chock full of super-powered goodness!

19. DarkKnightTrooper

DarkKnightTrooper Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2006
    I love this show!

Tonight was pretty intense. I thought they would leave Peter injured on the steps as the cliffhanger but they got past that. And if Hiro went back to save the wiatress, how come they still have a shrine to her?

I'm afraid they will run through the plot too quickly. What will they do after they save the world?