main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Hidden Enemy

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Mozart, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mozart

Mozart Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 8, 2009
    Hi again, okay, so let's see if I can actually post this right.

Also there's a SPOILER here for the episode The Hidden Enemy (in yellow below), just a warning if you haven't seen it yet

I'd like to run a Clone campaign based off of the episode "The Hidden Enemy". Truthfully, I always thought the Clones were loyal, until Slick announced his brand of justice and betrays everyone in the name of freeing his "brothers" by trying to trapping Kenobi and Skywalker and having Ventress try to kill them. And my disappointment in the episode is that no one took him as seriously, because how many others could he have convinced to stop being the Jedi's "dogs"? It's interesting that someone came up with the idea that no all Clone Soldiers following Jedi into their ultimate death like puppets, and they are actually THINKING. This could be a dangerous problem which could come back and bite them in the ass, especially since they shrugged him off as a traitor instead of an idealist. Truthfully, I hope they don't blow it off, it would be great arc to explore in the second season and would be a nice alternative in storytelling then just the Jedi blowing everything in their path away.

By the way, what will happen to Slick, will he stuck in a prison for the rest of his life or will they execute him and how would they do it? Firing squad?

So about the campaign, I would have it take place after the episode (who knows how long after the episode) and the situation gets alot worse as not only do the Republic have to worry about their war with Separatists, but Clones are starting to reappear as a separate force of Freedom Fighters fighting under Slick's dreams of being free from the Jedi, and thus more or less starts an underground Guerrilla warfare with them.

Either the players would be Clone Troopers sent in to handle this problem and maybe even try to nip it in it's bud, even though that wouldn't stop the PC's from being influenced or the Freedom Fighters Troopers who are fighting for their own (and Slick's) cause.

So what do you think? Is it worth exploring?

Of course that's not the only reason of this post, I have a question about the books, and that's what should I do?

Naturally I would pick up a used copy of the Saga Edition, however going though Amazon's reviews they are saying that it's just the bare rules and sections are missing. I plan to borrow my friend's copy of the Clone Wars Campaign, so is that all I need, or should I buy the Saga Edition, or use one of the old source books from Episodes 1 and 2? Or should I just buy all three copies used and use them all as one massive GM source? Or should I just use the old West End Second Edition?

2. Mozart

Jul 8, 2009
    Also any suggestions on how to improve it? :)

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Is this a campaign suggestion, or do you plan on running a play-by-post game here? Sounds like Saga rules. Haven't seen the episode, but sounds like a good premise. If playing here, how many player slots are available, what rules/restrictions, what other details can you supply?

4. Mozart

Jul 8, 2009
    Sorry I haven't replied.

Actually a suggestion, and would you guys be willing to be asked for help by a beginning gamemaster? I need all the help I can get.

I hope so. I got the first two books, so now I'm just waiting for the Saga edition to come in the mail. All this and while I'm starting to move too. :oops:

It will be local, but I wouldn't mind starting it here too. I don't know how many players I can handle right now, as for rules/restrictions I just got the books so I have no idea... yet. :)

Now here's the problem, where can I find the series? Of course I'll buy the series on DVD in November, however that's still 3 months away and I need it for reference. Any ideas? The only one I can think of is iTunes.

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Now that I've seen the episode, I have to say you're right: it would be interesting to have Slick be a recurring character/villain.
    Let us know what you need help with, and we'll give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.